Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

chickpig 18-02-2023 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240601)
Hi guys audit senior manager from one of the big 4 and here sharing you my impressive career progression over the years

yr 0-1: Audit Associate
yr 2: Audit Senior
yr 4: Audit Assistant Manager
yr 5: Audit Manager
yr 8: Audit Senior Manager

It took me 8 years to achieve where I am today, additional few more years to become audit partner. Outside of big 4, you will not be able to achieve such a linear career progression and easily get stuck/outsourced or possibly retrenched. Look at all the global banks and tech firms they have been cutting headcount and all but big 4 audit is iron rice bowl. Suggest fresh grad to stick it out the grind and stay at least 8 yrs to get ahead of your peers

But year 0-1 investment banking analyst or year 3-4 strategy consultant or year 3-4 software engineer/product manager already gets ahead of your 8 year audit senior manager.

Unregistered 18-02-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Hi guys audit senior manager from one of the big 4 and here sharing you my impressive career progression over the years

It took me 8 years to achieve where I am today, additional few more years to become audit partner. Outside of big 4, you will not be able to achieve such a linear career progression and easily get stuck/outsourced or possibly retrenched. Look at all the global banks and tech firms they have been cutting headcount and all but big 4 audit is iron rice bowl. Suggest fresh grad to stick it out the grind and stay at least 8 yrs to get ahead of your peers

Lol. It's really not impressive though. You should include the accompanying salary bands for A1 to SM for the full picture. It will show precisely why bright grads with better options should NOT join big 4 audit.

Don't just cherry pick the rank progression, when promotion for the vast majority of auditors is all-but-guaranteed unless you're a total cmi screwup

Unregistered 18-02-2023 07:22 PM

Financial due diligence and deals transaction how much for each B4 anyone know?

Unregistered 19-02-2023 01:16 AM

Join b4 if you want to be underpaid and badly rated in your year end appraisal cause you should be treated worst than a slave

Unregistered 19-02-2023 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240620)
Financial due diligence and deals transaction how much for each B4 anyone know?

around audit + 500

Unregistered 19-02-2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Ya sm dont read news dunno wad gg out outside of the firm.
Big 4 also retrench ppl. Go read financial times.

Unregistered 20-02-2023 08:31 PM

Quote:

I make more than you as a fresh graduate SWE. Did I also mention that I work less than 30 hours a week in the comfort of my own home?

Unregistered 20-02-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240055)
Wad internal control?
Any changes from last year? > copy > paste > change date > sign off.

You are missing the whole idea of audit/IA. Whether or not fraud is detected doesn't matter. The main reason this profession exists and why it won't die is because of risk transfer. It exists so directors and senior management can transfer/share the responsibilities of due diligence to another "profession" party. Imagine if the directors cannot name a single independent monitoring framework? They will be surely charged with non due-diligence.

Unregistered 21-02-2023 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240760)
You are missing the whole idea of audit/IA. Whether or not fraud is detected doesn't matter. The main reason this profession exists and why it won't die is because of risk transfer. It exists so directors and senior management can transfer/share the responsibilities of due diligence to another "profession" party. Imagine if the directors cannot name a single independent monitoring framework? They will be surely charged with non due-diligence.

Share risk?
Go read ur ssa or if you are lazy, just read any auditor repor

Unregistered 21-02-2023 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240760)

Amazing how auditors still trying to justify the value of their profession in2023. Are you underwriting the risks of corporates as insurers? Risk transfer? What a joke. You disclaim everything and produce nothing of value.