Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 16-01-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197806)
Anyone staging mass resignation with their teams and friends? Hearsay employees from that particular firm going to form up and give the firm one time good one

Whoever who tried to organize this is silly. Get a job first before resigning. Mass quit only satisfy one day self gratification

Unregistered 16-01-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197852)
I'm graduating soon but received another job offer so was wondering if I should take that up instead. I probably will.

Interned with B4 in the past and did not enjoy it because of both the job and the senior I was attached to. Hope you've found a place that you'll enjoy more. All the best!

Not sure if tax is similar to audit. Tax should be abit more consistent in terms of workload than audit based on convo I had last time.

Weigh your offer and see what you want to do. I was Big4 and it had been helpful (by a stroke of luck) But looking back, I think it may have been better for new joiners to think deeper about what they want to do.

What Big4 offer is consistency in progression, and a good name to have in resume when you go to corporate for tax /IA / accounting and etc. But to be honest, you can probably get that elsewhere too. In fact, some firms may somewhat prioritise their own homegrown over mid joiners

Unregistered 16-01-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197957)
Whoever who tried to organize this is silly. Get a job first before resigning. Mass quit only satisfy one day self gratification

be part of the mass quit only put oneself in this situation: an influx of big 4 resumes in the job market, with similar experience and most likely personality, competing for the same few jobs the big 4 people are qualified for

and pls dont still think that ex-big 4 is a hot commodity, i have heard several recruiters telling me yes its a good experience to have, but if theres a surplus, they would tend to look for sth more special in a candidate

think abt that and if you have a partner or a kid to feed, be selfish

Unregistered 17-01-2022 08:52 AM

Anyone knows abt the payscale at mid tier?

Unregistered 17-01-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197806)
Anyone staging mass resignation with their teams and friends? Hearsay employees from that particular firm going to form up and give the firm one time good one

You mean Yellow? no need mass resign. just work like a snail for a few hours then switch off laptop at 6pm while collecting money from the firm. What can the firm do if everybody refuses to OT? They can put you on performance improvement plan but you would have collected several months of salary before they put you on PIP

Unregistered 17-01-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198063)
You mean Yellow? no need mass resign. just work like a snail for a few hours then switch off laptop at 6pm while collecting money from the firm. What can the firm do if everybody refuses to OT? They can put you on performance improvement plan but you would have collected several months of salary before they put you on PIP

Exactly. Doing the bare minimum is the greatest pwnage to the firm. You mass resign the firm thinks these strawberries behkan. Everyone heck care and cannot complete the work then the firm lan lan suck thumb have to look into hiring more people

Unregistered 17-01-2022 03:39 PM

Which big 4 best for fs assurance?

Unregistered 17-01-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198063)

I agree with this. But there will be bound to have a few spoil market ones who will OT & weekends

Unregistered 17-01-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198064)
Exactly. Doing the bare minimum is the greatest pwnage to the firm. You mass resign the firm thinks these strawberries behkan. Everyone heck care and cannot complete the work then the firm lan lan suck thumb have to look into hiring more people

Why would people mass resign from yellow?

Unregistered 17-01-2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198102)
Why would people mass resign from yellow?

mass resignation alr.... pass few years been squeezing like mad on utilization