Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 08-05-2022 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216995)
Hmm I will check in with my LinkedIn coach, thank you all for responding. Just FYI I picked her as she is a recognized influencer with hundreds of likes on each of her posts, so she should be credible.

Hi bro, 10 years ago I was also in the similar situation as you - deciding between two offers which are an investment banking role in BB banks or Big 4 Audit. I chose the latter in the end because I believe the big fish in a small pond concept, where I am able to excel in a place of average joes compared to an environment of high fliers in BB banks. It was the best decision of my life because there are really great benefits working as an auditor, such as working with genuine people, transparent career progression and the learning experience. Even during COVID, I was fortunate that I was not retrenched and deeply appreciate my firm (i would have been retrenched in a BB bank).

It feels good to be one of the high flyers in my audit firm and I felt like a king. I am up for partnership this year and I am grateful. I strongly
suggest fresh grads who take their career seriously to ignore on the starting pay and working hours. Try to look beyond these factors and you will realise that audit is the best career and superior over any other jobs u can think of in terms of job stability, good career progression, working with sincere and best people, broad learning experience and lastly, the chance to become an equity partner.

Unregistered 08-05-2022 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217129)
Hi bro, 10 years ago...

Are you sure you are in audit? Instead of selling your medicine, why don't you give proper advice to guide people on their career choice, and think about actual pros and cons of it. He is choosing audit with mid tier over other jobs.

SG based BB have not done mass layoff of local during covid. In addition, if you truly have a BB offer 10 years ago, you might not necessarily still be in IB now. Could in one of the buyside houses which have a good mix of some stability and pay. You would have enough money to get past a 6 month gap while looking for a new gig.

Let's not write too much stories here. I don't even think you are in audit, much less that you have chosen audit over IB.

Unregistered 08-05-2022 03:01 AM

There's so much trolling here that this entire thread is pretty worthless for any real career advice.

Really shows the sad state of people in Big4. Must come here talk rubbish and let out steam to compensate for the frustration of being stuck in Big4 on mediocre pay with mediocre jhk colleagues. Compared to the real high fliers outside. LOLL

Unregistered 08-05-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217129)
Hi bro, 10 years ago ...

either a troll or truly delusional idiot

Unregistered 08-05-2022 12:01 PM

All of these trolls. Why join big 4 and work 3-6 years just to hit the salary (base pay, not even adding bonus) of a FAANG / BB bank / local bank. Mind boggling.

Unregistered 08-05-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217148)
All of these trolls. Why join big 4 and work 3-6 years just to hit the salary (base pay, not even adding bonus) of a FAANG / BB bank / local bank. Mind boggling.

The reason is obvious so you are trolling too.

Unregistered 08-05-2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217160)
The reason is obvious so you are trolling too.

Then really what is there to talk about? The pay scale in B4 is all standard, so is the progression. JJww also no use. Maybe every 5 years revised upwards by a couple hundred bucks.

Unregistered 08-05-2022 03:54 PM

is it true that as an accounting grad you will always lose to your comp sci peers and be a loser for life?

Unregistered 08-05-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217162)
is it true that as an accounting grad you will always lose to your comp sci peers and be a loser for life?

Enter the financial sector and you will be in front.

Unregistered 08-05-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217162)

Loser until you become an equity partner in Big4. That’s why I advocate fresh grads to tough in out and grind till equity partner level. Life will be satisfying seeing your efforts being paid off through hard labour.

However, once you give up in the Big4 grind and exit to commercial, you will be loser for life.