Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 13-04-2022 03:21 PM

I知 currently serving my notice but my mgr keep loading me unreasonable amount of work. Will there be any consequence if I cannot finish by the end of my notice? I知 scared he will go around talk bad about me to my next employer (he alr knows where I知 heading to since this industry is so small)

Unregistered 13-04-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213792)
I知 currently serving my notice but my mgr keep loading me unreasonable amount of work. Will there be any consequence if I cannot finish by the end of my notice? I知 scared he will go around talk bad about me to my next employer (he alr knows where I知 heading to since this industry is so small)

Actually there is no need to tell him where you are going unless you want him to be your reference. The industry is not that small. Don't think he can talk bad unless he happens to know the people in your firm.

It depends on yourself really. A couple of friends and I still ot quite hard to help wrap up certain things and make it easier for the team and clients. Some people take a free and easy approach to it.

Big4 managers are pretty horrible at managing exits, they have no plans to ensure a proper handover. I decided how much work to cover/split/handover with the existing team when I was leaving as 1st year senior. If you are nice enough to try your best and it is still too much, throw it back. If you don't want to help, you can throw it back too :P

Unregistered 13-04-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213790)
recent offer blue AA1 only give 3.2k

So low? Yellow giving 3.4k. Join yellow and build a better working world.

danbraven 13-04-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213800)
So low? Yellow giving 3.4k. Join yellow and build a better working world.

avoid B4 altogether and you will be living in a much better world.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213792)

Your mistake is telling your manager where you going
Anyway he is not so powerful la only big4 managers think they big fk when go out to industry they are nobody lol

Unregistered 13-04-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213809)
Your mistake is telling your manager where you going
Anyway he is not so powerful la only big4 managers think they big fk when go out to industry they are nobody lol

Ya literally nobody. From being a M/SM in big4, to becoming an IA or FC and etc in one of many firms in the world. That is why some like to stay. Ownself feel good and powerful within the firm.

But depends on where he goes and what he does. If he goes join one of its clients as mid-junior role, maybe his manager still has to kowtow to him :)

Unregistered 13-04-2022 07:29 PM

How long is your notice. My notice 1 month but i choose to serve 2 months to ensure good handover. Main reason is i want to close the job for the new client and I also have 6 engagement active on hand. I wan to complete them (hopefully). My new job has 3 mths notice period.:)

Unregistered 13-04-2022 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213818)
How long is your notice. My notice 1 month but i choose to serve 2 months to ensure good handover. Main reason is i want to close the job for the new client and I also have 6 engagement active on hand. I wan to complete them (hopefully). My new job has 3 mths notice period.:)

first time see ppl feel 3 mth period is a badge of honuur

Unregistered 13-04-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213818)

Regulators? If not, 3 month is not the standard for other roles unless you are very senior

Unregistered 14-04-2022 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213824)
first time see ppl feel 3 mth period is a badge of honuur

No la just want that dude to man up and be positive about the notice period. Some place got worst or longer notice period. Direct superior will sure find ways to screw you, thats the common leadership quality in singapore or from jh land. Take this as a challenge to do ur best and show them audit is ez and u can do better than their expectation. Most importantly show them they cant find good quality staff like u.

And im not senior level. Just mid lvl with 3 months notice for my new job. If you are good a lot of place always welcome u with better package than b4. Dont let b4 junk quality affect your life. Not all are good over there.