Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 21-03-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105054)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
what job u doing now, kind to share?

same industry, turning 29 this year... if i were to bench my current remuneration package to big4, i'll be at M3 level or so... btw 100-110k p.a.

M1 being 6k+
M2 7k+
M3 8k+

ballpark figures..

Unregistered 21-03-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwanthp (Post 105628)
Are the salaries and increments the same and will it be more relax in the way that no OT and just a standard 9-5 job?

obviously it's not going to be the same... those are considered as administrative positions...
heck, you don't really need too much qualification to even do basic book-keeping. POA / diploma is more than sufficient

buaytakchek93 22-03-2018 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105972)
Hi, I was offered a Management Associate Position in Risk Assurance (Tech Audit) w/ one of the big four. Starting Pay 4k. At the same time, I was called up for 2nd round interview with Citibank's MA in Consumer banking sometime this week. The issue here is the one of the big 4 requires me to accept the offer by 23rd March. I am stuck in a dilemma and would like to hear your thoughts on this matter. Should I take up the offer or wait for Citibank's reply?

Additional Background
I am graduating from a local Uni this may, and my CGPA is at least in the top 30% of my cohort. Main Degree: IT

Looking for:
Career Progression & Experience in Finance / IT Industry

Much thanks, many gratitude

Any idea how is the increment and progression like? I got offered the same position too and is too lazy to carry on looking for job.

Unregistered 23-03-2018 12:19 AM

If one is looking for a career in internal audit, would joining Big 4's IA advisory department be better or joining external audit?

Unregistered 23-03-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buaytakchek93 (Post 106043)
Any idea how is the increment and progression like? I got offered the same position too and is too lazy to carry on looking for job.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

From what I heard from my peers and seniors, this is how it goes for pay increment

First Year - 4K salary with no bonus
Second Year - 4k salary with bonus
Subsequent years - Pay increment with bonus

Not too sure about exit potential but you will be getting valuable experiences by working with big companies in Singapore. Additionally, this is a growing field with optimistic prospects.

Once again, these info are from my peers / seniors.

buaytakchek93 24-03-2018 05:42 PM

What's the main difference between core assurance and risk assurance?

Unregistered 24-03-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buaytakchek93 (Post 106128)
What's the main difference between core assurance and risk assurance?

External audit vs Internal audit

Kinga 29-03-2018 09:52 AM

1) How is the work life balance/working hours like for IT Risk Assurance?
2) Is it possible to study for a masters part-time in the evening?
3) How is the career and salary progression?
4) Does PwC pay for grad school (Masters/MBA)?

Unregistered 30-03-2018 05:14 AM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinga (Post 106253)

1) don't know, not in that department
2) depend on your schedule and which project / manager ur booked under. Then again, not in that dept so can't comment
3) depends based on department. Ra is under internal audit, i believe should be follow the audit pay? Exit oops would definitely be decent.
4) I understand that only 1 dept in pwc who sponsors their people to go for top tier MBA's. Think h/s/w / insead and the likes. Then again that department is pretty exclusive and independent so u may want to check w your partner.

Unregistered 30-03-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinga (Post 106253)

Ra seems to be less intensive than ga but I'm not in either so can't comment much
Career and salary progression in pwc depends very much on which department you're in.
1 particular department in pwc actually sponsors their performers to top tier MBA schools, think h/w/s/insead etc. But I don't think that's across the organisation as well. From what I know they operate pretty much very independently