Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2021 03:47 PM

Assuming you renege audit/tax offers its like reneging on a janitorial position. Dont need scared. If its corp fin ish maybe have to weigh the pros and cons

Unregistered 19-03-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159902)
Assuming you renege audit/tax offers its like reneging on a janitorial position. Dont need scared. If its corp fin ish maybe have to weigh the pros and cons

Corp fin and valuation is still sh*t at Big 4

Unregistered 20-03-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159904)
Corp fin and valuation is still sh*t at Big 4

Corp fin isnt ****, I’ve seen plenty of exits to more lucrative roles. Audit/tax are **** because of the huge influx of private uni retards. Imagine studying in a fking competitive environment for 3/4 years and then degrading yourself to work with a sim/rmit 2 year degree holder.

Unregistered 20-03-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160069)
Corp fin isnt ****, I’ve seen plenty of exits to more lucrative roles. Audit/tax are **** because of the huge influx of private uni retards. Imagine studying in a fking competitive environment for 3/4 years and then degrading yourself to work with a sim/rmit 2 year degree holder.

Well there are still plenty of sim students in Corp fin and consulting in Big so idk what you’re trying to say

Unregistered 20-03-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160070)
Well there are still plenty of sim students in Corp fin and consulting in Big so idk what you’re trying to say

Really meh? I left 4 years ago, so I’m abit out of the loop. I know that there were sim students in “consulting” like risk advisory lol but wtf corp fin?? Try selling your services to clients when your competitors have teams of local uni or ivy degrees and you have sim students.

Unregistered 20-03-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160072)
Really meh? I left 4 years ago, so I’m abit out of the loop. I know that there were sim students in “consulting” like risk advisory lol but wtf corp fin?? Try selling your services to clients when your competitors have teams of local uni or ivy degrees and you have sim students.

just go on LinkedIn, very easy find. no one goes to big 4 for prestige. if they have $$$ they will employ MBB or BB

Unregistered 20-03-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160073)
just go on LinkedIn, very easy find. no one goes to big 4 for prestige. if they have $$$ they will employ MBB or BB

Xia suay siol. My time alot of nus/ntu auditors kept asking me for help breaking in. Now they lose to sim students LOL. Lost all my respect for local uni students that can only do audit

Unregistered 20-03-2021 12:51 PM

Here are the types of students that go audit:
Local uni 2nd upper and above that believed the brainwashing by boomer professors
Local uni beh kan 2nd lower that cant do anything else
Private uni (suss/sit included) students that think getting into the big 4 is like getting into temasek
Overseas (malaysians etc) auditors that want the 3:1

The first group will leave earliest. The rest will complain about low pay but can’t leave. The entire audit department has a stench of failure equivalent to that of a janitor.

Unregistered 20-03-2021 01:13 PM

Doesn’t matter if you’re in audit, tax, corp fin, consulting etc.

Hourly pay is still dog sh*t with limited exit opps

Unregistered 20-03-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160083)
Doesn’t matter if you’re in audit, tax, corp fin, consulting etc.

Hourly pay is still dog sh*t with limited exit opps

Not all sh*ts are equal. Audit/tax = diarrhoea. The worst are the audit managers that think they are hot sh*t. The only skills they have is to end up in a obscure room doing reporting. Sometimes when i talk to them i just wanna slap them and tell them they have no skills whatsoever besides copying past year’s work