Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 12-03-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207765)
No no I don't want to be a partner. >< My plan is just to leave before/in the month of December after I become S2, then hopefully land a senior financial analyst job. But who knows what the job market will be like after 2 years :(

Currently still a first year associate. The work I do is pretty basic and every day is just vouching or typing stuff like stat review. Feel like there's no career growth down the road. The engagements I'm involved in aren't that exciting either. Didn't learn much so far. :(

Also, it seems like good roles in commercial requires both big 4 experience and another 1-2 years of experience in financial analyst/FP&A/BP. I've upskilling myself during my free time and dread to think that the future will just remain bleak after 3 years. :(

hey A1 job is like that! it will get much better when you move on to A2 and senior where there's more learning and challenges. jiayou!

Unregistered 12-03-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207781)
hey A1 job is like that! it will get much better when you move on to A2 and senior where there's more learning and challenges. jiayou!

actually it depends, it can stay stagnant too

Unregistered 12-03-2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207765)
No no I don't want to be a partner. >< My plan is just to leave before/in the month of December after I become S2, then hopefully land a senior financial analyst job. But who knows what the job market will be like after 2 years :(

Currently still a first year associate. The work I do is pretty basic and every day is just vouching or typing stuff like stat review. Feel like there's no career growth down the road. The engagements I'm involved in aren't that exciting either. Didn't learn much so far. :(

Also, it seems like good roles in commercial requires both big 4 experience and another 1-2 years of experience in financial analyst/FP&A/BP. I've upskilling myself during my free time and dread to think that the future will just remain bleak after 3 years. :(

These type of people you give them work they complain too much work. You give less work they say no learning

Unregistered 12-03-2022 07:27 PM

lol don't need to worry too much. a1 life is like that de. i rmb i used to feel super sian too. it'll get better when u promote to senior. hope u land a good job in the future

Unregistered 12-03-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207725)
My spineless manager damn scared of the client. My SM gave client discount. Workload still the same. End up the staff suffer

What client discount to you mean?

Unregistered 12-03-2022 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207760)
Which firm the SM has power to give discount one?

So obvious that poster don’t know anything and anyhow crap. They think it is their father’s firm can anyhow give discount.

To them SM seems like a big shot cause they are too low level. Some posters already mentioned before, as long as you are not the partners, you are just slaves who are dispensable.

Unregistered 13-03-2022 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207796)
lol don't need to worry too much. a1 life is like that de. i rmb i used to feel super sian too. it'll get better when u promote to senior. hope u land a good job in the future

With great power comes great responsibility…

I still prefer A1 life more.

Don’t mind being A1 forever tbh. (But with senior pay…)

Unregistered 13-03-2022 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207661)
3200 with bonus

I was offered 3400 with no bonus at orange

Unregistered 13-03-2022 09:43 AM

Which is better to start your A1 career in audit, orange/ yellow / black or blue? thanks

Unregistered 13-03-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207836)
Which is better to start your A1 career in audit, orange/ yellow / black or blue? thanks

There is really not much difference.
Most imptly depend on luck to get a good manager