Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 12-03-2022 11:34 AM

Any one got this kind of loser manager or not-

Ownself never review his kar kias work properly and happily signed off. Then partner caught the mistake and shoot email he jitao push all the blame to his kar kias for not checking their work properly?

Unregistered 12-03-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207722)

Ownself never review his kar kias work properly and happily signed off. Then partner caught the mistake and shoot email he jitao push all the blame to his kar kias for not checking their work properly?

Nope. never taichi until this extent. Your manager has no right to be a manager and should be sacked.

Unregistered 12-03-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207649)
Audit fees higher? Dont make me laugh leh, client always choose cheapest quote

My spineless manager damn scared of the client. My SM gave client discount. Workload still the same. End up the staff suffer

Unregistered 12-03-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207725)
My spineless manager damn scared of the client. My SM gave client discount. Workload still the same. End up the staff suffer

your manager did right

Unregistered 12-03-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

I feel like it’s 50:50 lor.

The manager job is to review, yes, but it’s not possible for us to see everything. We also have a lot of engagements and a lot of EGAs, and we cannot possibly re-do the work or revouch or recompute everything. We can only check that it makes sense and looks ok. Like the audit approach is correct, accounting assessment is ok, got appropriate and sufficient audit evidence document in a proper manner.

So it’s a shared responsibility with the person who did the work.

Manager has to review and coach where necessary.

Unregistered 12-03-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207727)
I feel like it’s 50:50 lor.

The manager job is to review, yes, but it’s not possible for us to see everything. We also have a lot of engagements and a lot of EGAs, and we cannot possibly re-do the work or revouch or recompute everything. We can only check that it makes sense and looks ok. Like the audit approach is correct, accounting assessment is ok, got appropriate and sufficient audit evidence document in a proper manner.

So it’s a shared responsibility with the person who did the work.

Manager has to review and coach where necessary.

This guy from orange. Cos only orange call workpaper EGA

Unregistered 12-03-2022 12:44 PM

Quote:

of course

they are everywhere

u go anywhere also confirm have one. i legit dunno why the fk they like this, must be they salty af, kena stepped on and had to suck up like a dog while climbing to manager or something

so far the only nice managers are the ones who got there by nepotism. ( very easy to tell, the manager is young and often clueless but damn friendly and chill ) the hardworking ones ( old, got family, always give some generic motivational speech ) are always the cb arrogant kind

Unregistered 12-03-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207726)
your manager did right

My manager tio kan by partner. partner scolded her. he said you think we are supermarket ah. suka suka give discount

Unregistered 12-03-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207733)
of course

they are everywhere

u go anywhere also confirm have one. i legit dunno why the fk they like this, must be they salty af, kena stepped on and had to suck up like a dog while climbing to manager or something

so far the only nice managers are the ones who got there by nepotism. ( very easy to tell, the manager is young and often clueless but damn friendly and chill ) the hardworking ones ( old, got family, always give some generic motivational speech ) are always the cb arrogant kind

Ya la I got this manager in my firm technical knowledge sibei cui, only know how to carry balls to promote to manager rank. Only know how to claim credits but when **** hits, first thing he do is blame the team. Got one time the client’s boss shoot complain email say we wrong about some stuff. The first thing he do is scold the entire team without even investigating the issue. In the end, it was the client side wrong. He pretend nothing happened.

Unregistered 12-03-2022 02:24 PM

Looking at all these posts, I feel I have no future as an audit associate right now :(