Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199173)
For audit the best I would say is pwc not yellow, and your friend should be worried abt the non-local M cos my experience tells me that their work ethics are bad, like they would avoid work that they can’t take credit for and make staffs do some ad hoc things just to suck up to clients

Also talked frequently to a colleague who was in the mid tier, this friend told me it’s surprisingly to find yellow M and seniors still texting each other past 1 am and expecting replies , there’s better work life boundaries in mid tier, but ofc mid tier pay is not as good and if ur friend wants to continue in the audit field, big 4 on her resume is much better and she can always go back to mid tier and get title /pay bumps!

Some midtier firms like BDO are even worse in terms of workload and to top it off they pay like crap

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199177)
Some midtier firms like BDO are even worse in terms of workload and to top it off they pay like crap

Can tell by the fact that their HR slide into my team ppl’s LinkedIn DM a lot ..
turnover is directly related to poor culture

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:09 AM

Lmao this place become aunt agony for big 4. Is there some discord or telegram group where ppl can whine?

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199179)
Lmao this place become aunt agony for big 4. Is there some discord or telegram group where ppl can whine?

Not enough. Need to whine in all platforms. I am sure they whine on the company's own forum too, whine during lunch with friends even if managers are nearby, and more. When you are squeezed to the extreme, you just whine endlessly

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199177)

Mid tier seniors getting how much now. 3.5k-3.6k? Lol

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:13 AM

s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/training-and-resources/publications/reports/research-and-reports-on-audit-quality/practice-monitoring-programme-public-reports/2021-pmp-public-reportb51281ca53314f4983b0cbda8b870776.pdf

Have a look at Figure 5 on the attrition rate in Big 4 and Non Big 4

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:13 AM

h-ttps://t.me/sgsecret?

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199160)
Hahaha I’m alrdy understating the number cos I don’t want to appear exaggerating the situation
but yes more than half of the seniors left due to continuous working at the peak utility
is nutttts now that they want all seniors to work no day no night even now is considered off peak in my department
Imagine working for 70hours a week with weekends and still earning lower than market pay
Those who stay, are really nowhere else to go or they trying to promote to M
just my thoughts

ACRA has the actual statistic. For the 12 months ended 30 Sep 2021, the industry range attritionfor Big 4 is 31 to 43% with average being 38%.

I can certainly imagine a small team of 4 people where 3 of them leaves lol.

s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/public-accountants/audit-quality-indicators-disclosure-framework/aqi---industry-information-(dec-2021)44b7e3c301eb4e5f8060324d6033b90f.pdf

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199181)
Not enough. Need to whine in all platforms. I am sure they whine on the company's own forum too, whine during lunch with friends even if managers are nearby, and more. When you are squeezed to the extreme, you just whine endlessly

Soli I’m just really sad :(((

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199139)
I thought got team lead or something. Freshie here. Cannot be possibly ask freshie present right away without training right?

in consulting, 90% project is just you and the project manager. team lead normally is you lo.

this is not only for big 4, other place also like that.

only those big big project got a senior there to be team lead but they are only there to manage time and resources.

normally, you will present your work to client lo.

you also say you are freshie liao, you think a senior or manager will do presentation slide or present your work for you?