Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 24-04-2023 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246970)
i heard is bad. And the unlimited leave sounds good. Average leave taken in the department is 20 days per year. But i did asked for the average leave for junior staff, the HR was unable to provide. Do note that senior management may take more leave than junior staff.

The leave is also subject to approval. So i think it is harder to get 2 weeks straight leave as they will say it is busy etc. I rather go for fixed annual leave so i can take 2 weeks straight.

how about you just urgent leave all the time

Unregistered 24-04-2023 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246970)
i heard is bad. And the unlimited leave sounds good. Average leave taken in the department is 20 days per year. But i did asked for the average leave for junior staff, the HR was unable to provide. Do note that senior management may take more leave than junior staff.

The leave is also subject to approval. So i think it is harder to get 2 weeks straight leave as they will say it is busy etc. I rather go for fixed annual leave so i can take 2 weeks straight.

are you at/from deloitte?

Unregistered 25-04-2023 01:27 AM

er

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246973)
are you at/from deloitte?

lets just say i got the offer and i asked the HR after the receiving the contract...
my another friend is in risk advisory deloitte, he saw my booking even before i accept the offer. it was bad he told me. Fully booked.

Unregistered 25-04-2023 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246986)
lets just say i got the offer and i asked the HR after the receiving the contract...
my another friend is in risk advisory deloitte, he saw my booking even before i accept the offer. it was bad he told me. Fully booked.

So you rather sit around and do nothing than to be booked on jobs?

Unregistered 25-04-2023 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246948)
Hi im from NTU with FCH, no cca tho.
I got EY risk consulting offer 4k.
Hows the culture there?
should i look for better opportunities? but the market is quite bad now :(

Just wonder which type of risk consulting (Business or Technology)? Mind to share your application timeline? Would suggest you take it atm unless you are holding or have found better opportunity...As u aware of how bad the market currently, think more & more companies will tighten their HC & budget...

Unregistered 25-04-2023 12:49 PM

wtf?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246996)
So you rather sit around and do nothing than to be booked on jobs?

what i meant was it was badly booked. there were double to triple bookings. This means the flexi leave is useless. How to even go on leave?
Tbh, flexi leave sounds cool but there is so many grey area.
only stupid people will go for such flexi leave.

because this will also create toxic environment. if the associate wanna get promoted/work harder, means no leave taken? they say avg leave took was 20 days but dw to share the data for only the associate level.

Trying to hide i think. Too bad. I mean they also pay low, want those with experience and work like dog. sorry im not for it. im worth more ;)

Unregistered 25-04-2023 12:54 PM

biz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247005)
Just wonder which type of risk consulting (Business or Technology)? Mind to share your application timeline? Would suggest you take it atm unless you are holding or have found better opportunity...As u aware of how bad the market currently, think more & more companies will tighten their HC & budget...

yea it is biz risk consulting. i know the market is so bad. But i heard from my peers they all get very good offers, especially those FCH that i know....

Either they go for MAP programs paying 4.5k to 5.5k, or they go deals advisory 4.5k ish..
i accepted the offer btw.
i was thinking to apply to Sea limited MAP - probly when they open application again.
or maybe try Protiviti? idk if thats good
or idk man im sad

Unregistered 25-04-2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247011)
yea it is biz risk consulting. i know the market is so bad. But i heard from my peers they all get very good offers, especially those FCH that i know....

Either they go for MAP programs paying 4.5k to 5.5k, or they go deals advisory 4.5k ish..
i accepted the offer btw.
i was thinking to apply to Sea limited MAP - probly when they open application again.
or maybe try Protiviti? idk if thats good
or idk man im sad

I can totally relate to that feeling of inequality when you realize that you're being paid less than your peers, even though you all achieved FCH and put in the same amount of hard work during university. Maybe they simply put in double the effort and research to secure those offers with tougher interviews (e.g., MAP/deals), or they have clearer career goals, or even they have more certs..

Of coz, u could always explore other options and keep an eye out for new openings. As the saying goes in Chinese, "ride a donkey to look for a horse." But personally, I wouldn't recommend it just yet. Instead, focus on ur current job and don't overthink it atm, as it will make u more exhausted & could affect ur performance. Once u become more familiar with ur role, u can start preparing for ur next job hunt if a suitable opportunity arises. It doesn't really matter where u come from as long as u believe u are on the right pathway. And who knows, maybe you'll end up being the top performer in your team despite the initial pay difference.

Unregistered 25-04-2023 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247010)
what i meant was it was badly booked. there were double to triple bookings. This means the flexi leave is useless. How to even go on leave?

because this will also create toxic environment. if the associate wanna get promoted/work harder, means no leave taken? they say avg leave took was 20 days but dw to share the data for only the associate level.

Trying to hide i think. Too bad. I mean they also pay low, want those with experience and work like dog. sorry im not for it. im worth more ;)

are you sure all the bookings are for you? Usually for people who have no joined the firm, the bookings are all subsumed under a single placeholder. the booking your friend saw might be for multiple new joiners

Unregistered 25-04-2023 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247010)

Hey, I was also offered RA in Deloitte but decided not to take it up because of the working hours, pay and flexi-leave policy. Was surprised that the pay for RA is actually same as external audit.