Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 03-02-2022 12:28 PM

Investment banking associate in BB clears 300k base… that’s only 3-4 YOE

Unregistered 03-02-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201110)
You also do realize that making senior management in top mnc also gets you to 500k per annum right? It’s not like the odds of partner is better, and the lifetime earnings are way better this way

Pretty sure senior mgmt in top MNC doesn't require grinding away till 2am everyday in the lead up

Unregistered 03-02-2022 12:44 PM

i mean if ppl are gud with being overworked like sla** and earn $8 per hour so be it lah no one stopping u ... the reason why audit bot dev is so slow is probably becos there are always stupiak fresh grad willing to do 15 hours work at minimum wage , much cheaper than a bot

just dont trick the new gen into this public acctng trap and justifying the grind for making it big/partner

just take afew minutes to mycareersfuture, see how much other jobs/even within accounting industry are paying at 5/10/15YOE

start as asso and be partner is now at least 15 years of non-stop grinding, without guarantee that u wil make it. is as naive as cant even run yet, but alrdy see yourself as the Olympic champion

most ppl here not becos they jealous of auditors, just here to stop hardworking ah boi ah girl who can sure do much better in anywhere else from going into this sh*thole

Unregistered 03-02-2022 12:47 PM

to add on my pt above, if u rly enjoy audit and thats what u wanna do as a career, i would never look down on u. Its your life choice and its what u like, just go for it and your passion + hardwork will see u in partnership one day

but if ppl tell me, they in big 4 for the MONEY once make partner, you are stupiak

Unregistered 03-02-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201070)
U do realise a career in the big 4 isn't a sprint right? Though it was apparent. The post shows junior partners in assurance getting 300k++, definitely the senior ones are getting 500k+.

so another way of looking at it is: the maximum upside or income ceiling one can expect to earn in audit is 1/2 million ++ .

And that's if and only if you beat all the very poor odds and endure years of 3am days, and make it to the very top of the profession

seems like a raw deal in my book.

Unregistered 03-02-2022 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201119)
so another way of looking at it is: the maximum upside or income ceiling one can expect to earn in audit is 1/2 million ++ .

And that's if and only if you beat all the very poor odds and endure years of 3am days, and make it to the very top of the profession

seems like a raw deal in my book.

All 3 posts are by you?

No need to worry for fresh graduates or those ah boi ah gurl who are still in it. After 1-3 years, most people would know if they want audit for life. Some just chose to leave at a later stage or took abit longer to find a job they are happy with. There are some who remain convinced that audit is the best, and that's fine. The profession need those with such boxed in mentality. Hard to get back to audit mentally once you break out from the boxed in mentality.

In any case, it is not the case that the auditor has no exit options or will learn nothing after the short stint. So if end up in this crazy rat race for whatever reasons, it is not end of the day.

Unregistered 03-02-2022 01:25 PM

I would think that the odds of making partner is higher than senior mgment at an MNC. Most ppl at MNCs top out at 250-300k as a financial reporting director etc

Unregistered 03-02-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201125)
I would think that the odds of making partner is higher than senior mgment at an MNC. Most ppl at MNCs top out at 250-300k as a financial reporting director etc

Most people also would not make partner, the point that people are trying to get across is that whether you are positive outlier or average, the path outside big 4 is usually better.

Unless you genuinely love audit work

Unregistered 03-02-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201125)

The problem is you are only looking at the finance function (which is a cost center and a support function) when one can head up the business unit and drive revenue

Unregistered 03-02-2022 10:21 PM

are partner promotion list unofficial out