Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 31-01-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200691)
Investment research. Unless you can get into top MNC finance leadership programme, stay away from acc career. The pay is too **** for the amount of work. Aim for BIz development, biz analyst or consulting roles. Much more interesting role with better prospect and still use some of your acc knowledge

Investment research only 1.5x of B4 pay? but be at some small brokers who always give nonsense recommendations. don't get too high

Unregistered 31-01-2022 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200692)
Investment research only 1.5x of B4 pay? but be at some small brokers who always give nonsense recommendations. don't get too high

Ok sorry boss. Should have taken big 4 offer and work until 6am for 3.4k a mth instead. Elite mentality

Unregistered 31-01-2022 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200662)
Who still in office???!!!

Looking at my watch... I think my reunion dinner is with my A2 and senior. Will order grab soon and celebrate in client meeting room.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Not the best place to start investment research. But with some effort, can move to a better shop. So not too bad nonetheless.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200687)
Hi! Can you share more about what you did after grad? Graduating student here who needs some advice haha. Gong xi fat choi

If you are graduating, it could be abit late to try to pivot for something else. Can try those programmes by MNCs, banks, MAS and others which tbh does not require a specific skillset. Depends on interest, you can go for advisory work, corporate roles (treasury, biz dev, biz strategy or others), investment related work or others.

If you are from NTU, try to talk to non NTU friends. They are less one track minded about going into audit.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200698)
Looking at my watch... I think my reunion dinner is with my A2 and senior. Will order grab soon and celebrate in client meeting room.

Your senior stupid or what? OT like dog got extra pay meh? today also no one in office so you wayang for who to see?

Your senior is jiuhukia or ah tiong with no family or friends in SG so want you to suffer with him?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200697)
Ok sorry boss. Should have taken big 4 offer and work until 6am for 3.4k a mth instead. Elite mentality

HAHAHA one sentence shut all these jelly ppl up. Even worse, they probably just left the office!!!

Unregistered 31-01-2022 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200708)
HAHAHA one sentence shut all these jelly ppl up. Even worse, they probably just left the office!!!

lol so late then leave office. Max loh laughing at these kumgong kias in his bungalow

Unregistered 31-01-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

this guy is so narrow minded. The 1.5x pay guy could be on the buy side. Base not that high, but long term prospects and bonus confirm pwn big 4 audit deep deep

Unregistered 31-01-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200714)
this guy is so narrow minded. The 1.5x pay guy could be on the buy side. Base not that high, but long term prospects and bonus confirm pwn big 4 audit deep deep

Arbo how he ended up in big4?