Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 31-01-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200566)
Don't get too high, big 4 tax is not much better.

If Big 4 wants to pay $3.2k as starting, of course this is the quality you would expect. People who excelled in their studies would not be there

never mentioned a single word that i m better than the audit counterpart

and in "high finance" bros eyes we are all peasants lah

but my point being, if the person is confused abt simple things like dis, ask 7k for starting pay ah?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200569)
never mentioned a single word that i m better than the audit counterpart

and in "high finance" bros eyes we are all peasants lah

but my point being, if the person is confused abt simple things like dis, ask 7k for starting pay ah?

Obviously the person you are talking about should stay as A1 till he gets his sh*t right.

Despite the huge pool of under-qualified staff in the big4 due to sh*tty pay, there is the group who do their job well and are knowledgeable. The latter definitely deserves a higher pay.

HR needs to relook their promotion and performance evaluation strategy. There could be technical exams annually on top of on the job assessment to better decide who to fire quickly, and who to give higher pay increments.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200568)
Obviously this guy is not a big 3 uni graduate and had very bad grades.

Hope he causes big trouble so that the partners and HR can rethink their hiring strategy.

wait long long. now everything can be outsourced to offshore team.

some smaller engagements have only 1 manager and offshore team. 0 staff from local office.

No point studying accounting already. whole industry is gone case. Should have studied marketing or something more interesting instead

Unregistered 31-01-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200571)
Obviously the person you are talking about should stay as A1 till he gets his sh*t right.

Despite the huge pool of under-qualified staff in the big4 due to sh*tty pay, there is the group who do their job well and are knowledgeable. The latter definitely deserves a higher pay.

HR needs to relook their promotion and performance evaluation strategy. There could be technical exams annually on top of on the job assessment to better decide who to fire quickly, and who to give higher pay increments.

HR only cares about helping partners to reduce cost.

They said big 4 starting pay is lower because there are lots of mentoring and coaching and many learning opportunities. All talk cock one. More like help them clear sai kang with zero coaching. SM even had to ask me what the engagement is about and what audit procedures or testing were done in previous year. SM already so stupid and blur liao what can you expect from the staff?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200581)

They said big 4 starting pay is lower because there are lots of mentoring and coaching and many learning opportunities. All talk cock one. More like help them clear sai kang with zero coaching. SM even had to ask me what the engagement is about and what audit procedures or testing were done in previous year. SM already so stupid and blur liao what can you expect from the staff?

its a vicious cycle

Unregistered 31-01-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200581)

After this peak period.

Will ask Max to fire all the unqualified SM.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 11:29 AM

u can pay 6k for a good first class honour accounting grad to join audit

or u can pay 3k*2 to get 2 average acctng grad

the HR will alwasy choose the second option, because if one its gone, the other can just work harder and longer hrs to pickup the work; and by the nature of audit work, no matter how good u are , 2person working > 1 person

thats just the way it is

Unregistered 31-01-2022 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200567)
I saw some dont know the difference between YA and FY. Wow ECI also not sure what is that. Dont know how the auditors review the tax provision.

Knowing tax treatment and doing audit are two different things.

As long as the workings and number looks roughly correct + there is a tax agent in same big4 handling it, no point waste too much time to know everything in the tax working. And if it is very wrong, IRAS will hound down the company and the co can just make the necessary tax expense and provision adjustment next year.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 11:56 AM

When is Max paying my January salary!!!

Unregistered 31-01-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200585)
After this peak period.

Will ask Max to fire all the unqualified SM.

esp those single female sm with no eq ones