Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-10-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188089)
Serious? 300-500K is so low. Why is making partner like some big deal? Not even worthwhile.

No big deal.

Tech makes that much in half the time.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 04:10 AM

Big 4 to big 4

Hi i just applied to KP because i prefer KP's version of 20% CA as the payout if higher. Im from pwc btw. Do you think people will judge me? Since i go from big 4 to big 4. Please advice. Moreover the turnover in pwc is quite high and they are taking from mid tiers now. How is KP turnover like?

Unregistered 27-10-2021 04:14 AM

EY salary is so uncompetitive

How does one expect to attract talents or new hires to join EY when they dont match what the other big 4s are doing?

Just look at how pwc and kp are implementing the extra salary once u get your SQP
Why would anyone want to join EY?
Please dont tel me reasons like "oh you can learn alot" crap i had enough

Unregistered 27-10-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188134)
How does one expect to attract talents or new hires to join EY when they dont match what the other big 4s are doing?

Just look at how pwc and kp are implementing the extra salary once u get your SQP

They can always hire work permit holders because of the favourable exchange rate. They can also outsource the work to Philippines team. This is the direction they are heading

Unregistered 27-10-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

PWC also have extra after attaining SCAQ?

Unregistered 27-10-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188133)
Hi i just applied to KP because i prefer KP's version of 20% CA as the payout if higher. Im from pwc btw. Do you think people will judge me? Since i go from big 4 to big 4. Please advice. Moreover the turnover in pwc is quite high and they are taking from mid tiers now. How is KP turnover like?

Nothing wrong with wanting a 20% increment.

But most people leave Big4 because they want to move on to other things instead of audit. Jumping from to audit to audit is not as common.

Anyway, if you jump out of Big4, it’s not unheard of to get a 20% increment in commercial (pre-covid at least).

Unregistered 27-10-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

You just need to know there are work permit holders and mid tiers. They can still afford to choose their staff as of now.

If you know the number of managers that are work permit holders, you will know the leadership won’t care to develop local uni talents. They just need slaves to fatten their paychecks.

This is actually applicable for all big 4. You should ask yourself whether is this direction of big 4 where you would like to be in in the future.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 11:42 AM

Anyone knows what’s the salary like for each rank after the 20% in KP?

Unregistered 27-10-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188161)

The “before” can be found in this thread.

The “after”, I think you can ownself calculate la… with some rounding error you should be able to estimate it.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188161)

You know this is only applicable after attaining SCAQ right?