Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-10-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187563)
Guys today is my birthday. and my audit manager dont let me celebrate my birthday. she ask me go office. is it a red flag?

I suggest you have a conversation with your manager. Let him know this is not acceptable.

Birthdays are important, and we want to spend time with family.

Your commitment to the firm is just a job. How many birthdays do we get to enjoy in a lifetime?

Unregistered 22-10-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Guys today is my birthday. and my audit manager dont let me celebrate my birthday. she ask me go office. is it a red flag?

Everything is urgent, no time for anything else. Any time-off is unacceptable between Oct - Apr.

Even if you are sick, you should put in effort to clear some work that day. What makes you think it is acceptable to celevrate your birthday

Unregistered 22-10-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187569)
Everything is urgent, no time for anything else. Any time-off is unacceptable between Oct - Apr.

Even if you are sick, you should put in effort to clear some work that day. What makes you think it is acceptable to celevrate your birthday

Lol Ok boomer

Unregistered 22-10-2021 11:28 PM

Guys today is my birthday

Guys thanks for your advice. My birthday over in 30min time, i just left my office at one raffles quay. Going home to meet my family now

Unregistered 22-10-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187569)

With your logic
Your mother funeral, you ask ur neighbour hold for her is it?
then her ashes, you ask ur colleague to help scatter is it?

Unregistered 22-10-2021 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187480)
People who think audit salaries are low have never read the story of the ugly duckling.

interesting. tell us more about the metaphor pls?

Unregistered 23-10-2021 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187480)
People who think audit salaries are low have never read the story of the ugly duckling.

I observed some of my bosses who became audit partners (ugly duckling that turned into a swan eventually) who is raking in $1mil per year easily, as compared to their peers outside who exited earlier making around $160k - $240k per year at finance director positions in MNC.

The difference in pay between audit partners and finance directors are way too big...

Unregistered 23-10-2021 12:20 AM

Earn so much money got what use

Quality of life improves a lot from 3k to 6k salary but there are diminishing returns

100k salary and 1m salary got lifestyle difference meh? You still only have 24 hours a day.

Unregistered 23-10-2021 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187572)
Guys thanks for your advice. My birthday over in 30min time, i just left my office at one raffles quay. Going home to meet my family now

The amount of s hitposting here is getting worryingly high.

Unregistered 23-10-2021 12:27 AM

Quote:

cool story bro? Today is friday and peak period hasn't started yet. Where got manager so no life want to OT on friday off peak?