Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 05-09-2021 10:53 PM

With regards to that list for yellow , does everyone on it make partner

Unregistered 05-09-2021 10:54 PM

Can share more about the list ? Does everyone on the list make partner

Unregistered 06-09-2021 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182119)
Do you happen to know the pay for each rank?

And is it all year round similar hours? At least heard in audit got off peak right?

Deals is very project based. The model answer is always depends on project, but in reality you are always rushing for project deadlines because deals are very time sensitive. Finish sprinting one project then sprint on another project

Unregistered 06-09-2021 09:35 AM

Im just wondering if say someones name is on this yellow firms list to make partner, there isno value in leaving right? Have a friend who mentioned they are on the list. Wondering if 100% to make partner soon

Unregistered 06-09-2021 09:44 AM

Foe E&Y , My friend 's fiance is a SM at E&Y and kept boasting they are on the list of potential partners. What exactly is this and does it mean everyone on the list makes partner- how soon?

Secondly, can SM jump to junior partner or must become director first? what is junior partner salary

Unregistered 06-09-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182204)
Foe E&Y , My friend 's fiance is a SM at E&Y and kept boasting they are on the list of potential partners. What exactly is this and does it mean everyone on the list makes partner- how soon?

Secondly, can SM jump to junior partner or must become director first? what is junior partner salary

25k + per month

Unregistered 06-09-2021 02:54 PM

If salary so good, why dont people stay to make to partner? understand almost all SM who hang around eventually make junior partner by age 38-40. The more poeple leave, the higher the chances for poeple who stay

Unregistered 06-09-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182228)
If salary so good, why dont people stay to make to partner? understand almost all SM who hang around eventually make junior partner by age 38-40. The more poeple leave, the higher the chances for poeple who stay

1) Senior Manager is a really huge band. You can float within that space for 5-8 years, and increments can be very flat until you get that promotion to junior partner. You also need to be able to bring in business to the firm. If you can just deliver work but can't make sales, you'll stay as an SM for a loooooooong time.

2) SMs are normally the first in firing line from the Partners. So if you have Partners who have short tempers and sharp tongues, you will get mental lashing very frequently. I have seen it happen; sometimes you wonder why you (as a late 30s/40s senior manager) still get **** like this on a frequent basis.

3) The promise of better salary + better work/life balance outside of Big 4.

So if you are an SM being trashed weekly by your partner on a shitty salary (compared to what you would get outside) and no clear view how long before you are made junior partner, exit opportunities will look very good to you.

Unregistered 06-09-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182204)

There is a list of potential partners who are identified; there is normally a training/get together for these 'high potential SMs' across the region so they can meet with other potential partners to promote collaboration across borders and service lines.

After that, as long as you don't mess up (i.e. meet your sales target) you will be offered to buy into the partnership. However, this can take between 2-4 years from the training.

Unregistered 06-09-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182212)
25k + per month

Big4s are Partnerships; there is a buy-in involved to become a Partner. Think about it as buying shares in the company.

My ex-boss told me that the buy-in is substantial and was counselled on the process by a more senior partner on the pros and cons before he took the plunge. He 'lost' money within the first few years as a Junior Partner as he had to 'take a loan to buy the partnership'.

But once you are an established partner and have paid up the buy in, then the money starts rolling in.