Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 23-09-2021 01:17 PM

Not necessarily. I have seen some S3s who managed to sneak up to manager role because they had easier life throughout (sheltered by managers who book them on the better jobs) compared to peers who unluckily got the worse jobs. It’s all about luck and very little on their expertise. Some of them mostly new hires don’t even have the Chartered accountant qualification yet.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 06:19 PM

Hi anyone know what is the current pay of second year associate for audit and tax dept in PwC? Isnt there a revised salary this year?

Unregistered 23-09-2021 07:16 PM

How come some SMs you meet are so " confident " they can become partner if its supposedly so hard? At the end of the day, many people are good workers who bring in sales

Does it have to do with politics in the office and bosses pets kinda situation

Unregistered 23-09-2021 07:19 PM

For yellow,

what weightage does :GNG Business Leadership Challenge Class hold? is it a big deal

Unregistered 23-09-2021 07:22 PM

I understand there is a list of potential partners that circulates around. But does everyone on that list actually make it to partner? considering there are so few slots , so many new hires etc

Unregistered 23-09-2021 07:35 PM

I would like to check :
Are partners in singapore salaried partners or equity partners

everyone in this forum is saying different things
some say all in sg is equity
earlier posts say some are just "partner in name with no equity"

Unregistered 23-09-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183990)
I understand there is a list of potential partners that circulates around. But does everyone on that list actually make it to partner? considering there are so few slots , so many new hires etc

i have access to the list. can pm me if you want to see if your name is on the list

Unregistered 23-09-2021 08:20 PM

I moved out of big4 at a managerial levdl but really hate what I am doing in commercial although I now have work life balance. I feel that despite the shitty hours, big4 work is still pretty straight forward in terms of the deliverables and structure.

Am I crazy for wanting to go back to big4?

Unregistered 23-09-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183992)
i have access to the list. can pm me if you want to see if your name is on the list

How to PM when you posting as guest…

Unregistered 23-09-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183998)
I moved out of big4 at a managerial levdl but really hate what I am doing in commercial although I now have work life balance. I feel that despite the shitty hours, big4 work is still pretty straight forward in terms of the deliverables and structure.

Am I crazy for wanting to go back to big4?

It’s certainly unusual but not unheard of, so you are not crazy.

I also heard of my seniors say they like the structure, that there are specific procedures to perform, a predetermined checklist of objectives, and fixed deliverables so they have a sense of control in knowing what they have to do.