Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 21-09-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183767)
What does people do when they resign? As in will they actualy follow up their work
Properly or tend to leave the mess to others? I think it's always the latter. Usually ppl are so burnt out and hence quitting, lost the motivation to do proper job anyway

Happy to say most people I’ve met are at least responsible enough to hand over properly. I even reckon for some of them, it’s the most enthu they’ve been in their careers lol.

They probably won’t go the extra mile or even OT in the notice period, but are perfectly happy to pass you all the hardcopy documents, forward you emails, and empty their lockers for you to dig yourself.

Sometimes, out of a sense of responsibility for team members they consider to be friendly terms with, will do a bit extra to finish up nicely.

Of course the opposite cases so happen, where people tender and totally hands off bo chap.

Unregistered 21-09-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

What does people do when they resign? As in will they actualy follow up their work
Properly or tend to leave the mess to others? I think it's always the latter. Usually ppl are so burnt out and hence quitting, lost the motivation to do proper job anyway

I hate my current audit team. I plan to quit during Christmas before peak period to teach them a lesson. I have enough savings and have already attained what I wanted from big 4. Will they remove me from the engagement? I will still follow up even though they are mean and unappreciative

Unregistered 22-09-2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183779)
I hate my current audit team. I plan to quit during Christmas before peak period to teach them a lesson. I have enough savings and have already attained what I wanted from big 4. Will they remove me from the engagement? I will still follow up even though they are mean and unappreciative

Hate is a strong word. Why do you have such feelings towards your team and have you spoken to anyone about them?

Please check your firm policy on the notice period as well.

Unregistered 22-09-2021 01:40 AM

Quote:

they will be extra helpful during this period

Unregistered 22-09-2021 09:39 AM

Pay revision

Anyone heard of the pay revision in big4? is it applicable across all functions?

Unregistered 22-09-2021 09:55 AM

Notice period is the best, 3 hour lunches and 2 coffee breaks a day :)

Unregistered 22-09-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183806)
Anyone heard of the pay revision in big4? is it applicable across all functions?

Yes to the first part for a couple of the firms.
No to the second part.

Unregistered 22-09-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183815)
Yes to the first part for a couple of the firms.
No to the second part.

incoming deloitte financial advisory associate, no news for the pay revision.. my friends joining the audit department has received an update on their salary

Unregistered 22-09-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183835)
incoming deloitte financial advisory associate, no news for the pay revision.. my friends joining the audit department has received an update on their salary

enjoy the “fun”

Unregistered 22-09-2021 09:45 PM

If partners can earn such big bucks shouldnt everyone gun for that role and grind their teeth and work hard and just “ tolerate “ to make it