Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 06-05-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167891)
Read the above posts I also sian.

Mainly joined for exit opportunities then now cant even find jod outside. Do until sian alrdy but probably stuck here till can find jod.

Another stupid thing that these big 4 graduates think is that next time alot of graduate opportunities, can hop over do finance or internal audit in some mnc...

This is true, but they don't realize that if that they could have just joined the firm from the start and progress, earning much higher salary, reputation, and less working hours by doing so.

Unregistered 06-05-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167895)
Another stupid thing that these big 4 graduates think is that next time alot of graduate opportunities, can hop over do finance or internal audit in some mnc...

This is true, but they don't realize that if that they could have just joined the firm from the start and progress, earning much higher salary, reputation, and less working hours by doing so.

Oh plus exit opportunities only limited to the sector of their audit work they were assigned to

Unregistered 07-05-2021 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167895)
Another stupid thing that these big 4 graduates think is that next time alot of graduate opportunities, can hop over do finance or internal audit in some mnc...

This is true, but they don't realize that if that they could have just joined the firm from the start and progress, earning much higher salary, reputation, and less working hours by doing so.

This isnít true unless youíre in the mnc graduate programs. If you join straight out of uni as a direct hire in their finance team youíre 100% not gonna do well. Graduate associates > big 4 auditors > lifers.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 06:34 PM

Big 4.. more like big sh1t. The only role that I am impressed with the salary is Partner. Director is still low pay compared with banks and big tech. By the time you are making to Partner, your friends at IB front end role, or big tech (tech role) already made millions. If they are savvy at investing, they can already retire while you are still working like a mad dog.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167981)
Big 4.. more like big sh1t. The only role that I am impressed with the salary is Partner. Director is still low pay compared with banks and big tech. By the time you are making to Partner, your friends at IB front end role, or big tech (tech role) already made millions. If they are savvy at investing, they can already retire while you are still working like a mad dog.

I am talking about best case scenario when you can finally become a partner which is uncommon.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 07:26 PM

Selling the partner dream is the only way they can get stupid fresh grads to join.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167982)
I am talking about best case scenario when you can finally become a partner which is uncommon.

See the managers jialat man.

Dont know is they too deep in cannot leave or they really want chiong be partner. Either way also jialat

Unregistered 10-05-2021 11:11 AM

what is the salary for ey-parthenon like? anyone knows?

Unregistered 10-05-2021 01:00 PM

I think alot people need to realise is that not everybody is going to be made manager or even partner. And that is really ok, depending on what their motivation is. Somebody is ok with what they are doing, some strive for excellence. And then there's politics, connections, right place in the right time etc.

Yes joining graduate program from the start will be the ideal route. But it is extremely competitive, and not everyone can make it, every cohort is relatively small. So their best bet is to go for another route via joining big 4 and working their way up.

It's easy to judge people when you think about the ideal situation.

I don't think it's right to find pleasure in bashing people's career choice because this is a sunset industry or what. End of the day I don't see tax/auditing going away for another 5 years at least. Btw I'm not in big 4, just stating facts from what I have heard and seen.

Unregistered 10-05-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168209)
I think alot people need to realise is that not everybody is going to be made manager or even partner. And that is really ok, depending on what their motivation is. Somebody is ok with what they are doing, some strive for excellence. And then there's politics, connections, right place in the right time etc.

Yes joining graduate program from the start will be the ideal route. But it is extremely competitive, and not everyone can make it, every cohort is relatively small. So their best bet is to go for another route via joining big 4 and working their way up.

It's easy to judge people when you think about the ideal situation.

I don't think it's right to find pleasure in bashing people's career choice because this is a sunset industry or what. End of the day I don't see tax/auditing going away for another 5 years at least. Btw I'm not in big 4, just stating facts from what I have heard and seen.

Well said, from my observations, the people who exited from big 4 have very high work ethics and ownership. They tend to progress much faster in corporate settings.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2