Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 10-05-2021 02:13 PM

All these big 4 graduates trying to consol themselves LOL.

My friend, who had been working at pwc for 5 years and graduated 1 year before me, decided to hop over to a finance function in a well recognised MNC doing financial reporting.

Her salary at PwC and currently is still lower than my last drawn salary 3 years ago LOL.

Unregistered 10-05-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168209)
I think alot people need to realise is that not everybody is going to be made manager or even partner. And that is really ok, depending on what their motivation is. Somebody is ok with what they are doing, some strive for excellence. And then there's politics, connections, right place in the right time etc.

Yes joining graduate program from the start will be the ideal route. But it is extremely competitive, and not everyone can make it, every cohort is relatively small. So their best bet is to go for another route via joining big 4 and working their way up.

It's easy to judge people when you think about the ideal situation.

I don't think it's right to find pleasure in bashing people's career choice because this is a sunset industry or what. End of the day I don't see tax/auditing going away for another 5 years at least. Btw I'm not in big 4, just stating facts from what I have heard and seen.

And neither is alot of other roles in other industries, stop trying to comfort their sad fate.

Unregistered 10-05-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168222)
All these big 4 graduates trying to consol themselves LOL.

My friend, who had been working at pwc for 5 years and graduated 1 year before me, decided to hop over to a finance function in a well recognised MNC doing financial reporting.

Her salary at PwC and currently is still lower than my last drawn salary 3 years ago LOL.

So what is your last drawn now and 3 years ago? In what function?

Unregistered 10-05-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168224)
So what is your last drawn now and 3 years ago? In what function?

Started off in a middle office role in a bank at mid 5k, now on borderline 8k after promotion.

My friend is drawing around 5k now.

Unregistered 10-05-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168229)
Started off in a middle office role in a bank at mid 5k, now on borderline 8k after promotion.

My friend is drawing around 5k now.

That’s quite good for 4 years of experience - which BB is this? I also work in back office with 4 years of experience drawing 7k in a BB

Unregistered 10-05-2021 06:17 PM

You guys need to know the type of people in big 4 audit before you criticize anymore. There are less and less 2nd upper from local unis joining. Even their ntu feeder schools are dropping compared to a few years back. The people in there now are those that cant even get a 4.0 or from private unis. You can scold them all you want but big 4 audit is the best they’re gonna get

Unregistered 10-05-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168274)
You guys need to know the type of people in big 4 audit before you criticize anymore. There are less and less 2nd upper from local unis joining. Even their ntu feeder schools are dropping compared to a few years back. The people in there now are those that cant even get a 4.0 or from private unis. You can scold them all you want but big 4 audit is the best they’re gonna get

No bro, I'm from local uni and many of my 2nd upper, and some even first class, join big 4. Not sure whatswrong with their minds

Unregistered 11-05-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168280)
No bro, I'm from local uni and many of my 2nd upper, and some even first class, join big 4. Not sure whatswrong with their minds

feel the "pain" before u enjoy later on.

Unregistered 11-05-2021 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166544)
what is the big4 manager pay for audit/tax?

1st year M -> 8k
2nd year M -> 9k
3rd year M -> 10.5k
1st year SM -> 12k
2nd year SM -> 15k
etc

1st year M -> 8k
2nd year M -> 9k
3rd year M -> 10.5k
1st year SM -> 12k
2nd year SM -> 15k

Unregistered 11-05-2021 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168309)
1st year M -> 8k
2nd year M -> 9k
3rd year M -> 10.5k
1st year SM -> 12k
2nd year SM -> 15k

Definitely with bonus included. Can anyone comment on base salaries?