Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2016 06:10 PM

7..............

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82812)
so how much are u making now?


Unregistered 04-04-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82814)
7..............

Then you should be applying for Manager or Senior Manager roles. AD is too senior for you.

Unregistered 04-04-2016 09:04 PM

guys i've read abit for what you guys talk about, but most of them is talking about local uni. For my case, i'm currently a poly yr 3 waiting for graduation in may, i'm at a lost of what i should do now, i applied for private uni, SIM for their accounting degree, but i've also tried to apply for some of the associate jobs in big4 and some other audit firms.

Any advice for me in terms of whether i should go for a degree in SIM or just go and try to grab a job? but im really worried as my poly results really isnt great which is probably why i have not heard any replies from any companies yet..

If i graduate from SIM what are my chances for joining a MNC or public sector such as erm IRAS etc? Currently i already had my poly tuition fee loan and im really looking for a better chance of stable job and pay next time. Please advice, thank you so much!

Unregistered 04-04-2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82824)
guys i've read abit for what you guys talk about, but most of them is talking about local uni. For my case, i'm currently a poly yr 3 waiting for graduation in may, i'm at a lost of what i should do now, i applied for private uni, SIM for their accounting degree, but i've also tried to apply for some of the associate jobs in big4 and some other audit firms.

Any advice for me in terms of whether i should go for a degree in SIM or just go and try to grab a job? but im really worried as my poly results really isnt great which is probably why i have not heard any replies from any companies yet..

If i graduate from SIM what are my chances for joining a MNC or public sector such as erm IRAS etc? Currently i already had my poly tuition fee loan and im really looking for a better chance of stable job and pay next time. Please advice, thank you so much!

Erm, don't waste your time applying for Big4 associates with just a diploma, no chance.

As for SIM cert, public sector is possible nowadays, but popular ministries or stat boards chances are very slim. MNC wise sales jobs is possible, but otherwise chances are very low. Management program 0% chance usually.

Sometimes minority <5% of SIM grads will still be able to get into good MNCs, but it is more luck and got something else to offer than something you should expect. Most SIM grads either join local companies or those small unknown MNCs.

Unregistered 04-04-2016 10:10 PM

shed light
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82780)
any information regarding progressions for "special" departments? what are special anyway

yes, could someone in the know shed some light regarding this?

Unregistered 04-04-2016 11:13 PM

pay scale
year 1 - associate 1.9k
year 2 - associate 2.3k
year 3 - senior associate 3.3k
year 4 - senior associate 3.8k
year 5 - assistant manager 4.3k
year 6 - manager 5.3k

Unregistered 04-04-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82834)
pay scale
year 1 - associate 1.9k
year 2 - associate 2.3k
year 3 - senior associate 3.3k
year 4 - senior associate 3.8k
year 5 - assistant manager 4.3k
year 6 - manager 5.3k

haha 1.9k?

Unregistered 05-04-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82817)
Then you should be applying for Manager or Senior Manager roles. AD is too senior for you.

Yes, 7xxx is clearly inside the M or SM range. AD is 3-5 years ahead of your current position.

Unregistered 05-04-2016 01:32 PM

Anyone can advise? applied to one of the big 4s and they are trying to cut my grade down to A2 even though i have 3.5 years experience in a sme. if i join i am going to get a decrease in pay around 5%. is it wise based on the "reputation"? peers my age would already be assistant manager or manager in there.

Unregistered 05-04-2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82864)
Anyone can advise? applied to one of the big 4s and they are trying to cut my grade down to A2 even though i have 3.5 years experience in a sme. if i join i am going to get a decrease in pay around 5%. is it wise based on the "reputation"? peers my age would already be assistant manager or manager in there.

A2 already give you face, sometimes sme is not even counted as proper experience and you need to start as fresh grad.

No point comparing with "peers", they have 3.5 years in big 4 and you have sme - not the same in the market. Also you can't reach manager in a big 4 with just 3.5 years experience, not sure where you get such misconception.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2