Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 02-08-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253132)
The complex accounts I’m referring to are like impairment etc, hedging, consol etc. as an intern, I don’t have experience with these because the accounts I work on are ”simpler” like search for unrecorded liabilities, cash, vouching, maybe test of controls etc

Things like journal entry testing I’m not sure too because I only follow instructions on how to run the tests so I don’t know how to write analysis if got any findings because this kind of thing my seniors will take over…

IVe also not been in an engagement from start to end so I also dk how to wrap things up etc like how to write the auditor report, produce the audited FS etc

^ because of all these gaps I feel I cannot only spend 1 year as an associate to gain more experience

everyone learns on the spot (read guidance or PY workpaper), even your seniors who you think know everything. So wishy washy and no confidence then don't take lor, stay where you are forever and don't grow, leave the promotion headcount for someone who has more guts than you.

Unregistered 02-08-2023 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253165)
How is bonus at Green this year? Is it better or worst than Blue?

green 2 months. blue how many months?

Unregistered 02-08-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253220)
everyone learns on the spot (read guidance or PY workpaper), even your seniors who you think know everything. So wishy washy and no confidence then don't take lor, stay where you are forever and don't grow, leave the promotion headcount for someone who has more guts than you.

Try telling this to Gen Z.

Unregistered 02-08-2023 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253132)
The complex accounts I’m referring to are like impairment etc, hedging, consol etc. as an intern, I don’t have experience with these because the accounts I work on are ”simpler” like search for unrecorded liabilities, cash, vouching, maybe test of controls etc

Things like journal entry testing I’m not sure too because I only follow instructions on how to run the tests so I don’t know how to write analysis if got any findings because this kind of thing my seniors will take over…

IVe also not been in an engagement from start to end so I also dk how to wrap things up etc like how to write the auditor report, produce the audited FS etc

^ because of all these gaps I feel I cannot only spend 1 year as an associate to gain more experience

Just take up and work a year or 2. No ppl giv a shyt of the work quality anw. Just get fs sign off will do. Your jhk mgr wont review the work and just say yes to wadever partner said
Partner will jist take it as all perfect. Until someome dig the shyt next year.

Unregistered 02-08-2023 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253172)
JE testing is mostly just for show anyway...

99% of all procedures in big4 are based on templates or template wp can be acquired from other engagements. Analysis is like the easiest part if you have a proper accounting knowledge.

If got findings just ask yourself why and why and why until you have something to write. This is what sets apart a jhk monkey and a normal auditor with some brain. If you think you have no brain and cant develop a analytical mindset, you are no different from a jhk monkey. Lying back and thinking your senior will handle everything is the classic lazy mindset. Get your **** together and actually work that rusty brain.

True. No ppl review the wp anw. Just grind a year or 2 lol. U think ur mgr or snr know their stuff u must be joking. Ppl are there for fast career progression only. In b4 u just need to stay..

Unregistered 02-08-2023 05:42 PM

Quote:

During blue TownHall, the partners very confident the average one month bonus is very comparable to the industry. They think we all stupiak

Unregistered 02-08-2023 07:38 PM

Hello, does anyone know the pay progression from A1 to A2 to S1 For EY Tech consulting? I'd greatly appreciate it! I know that A1 is 4.5, A2 is 4.8, but what is S1? The pay bump should be around 1k right?

Unregistered 02-08-2023 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253244)
Hello, does anyone know the pay progression from A1 to A2 to S1 For EY Tech consulting? I'd greatly appreciate it! I know that A1 is 4.5, A2 is 4.8, but what is S1? The pay bump should be around 1k right?

s1 5.3
s2 6

Unregistered 02-08-2023 10:22 PM

Quote:

Green bonus 1.X only!

Unregistered 02-08-2023 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253245)
s1 5.3
s2 6

Ooo that's interesting, how come the promotion
Increment from A2 to S1 is smaller than the progression
Jump from S1 to S2...