Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 18-11-2023 12:50 PM

can you make manager by 5 years? seeing that everywhere online but i thought 5 years only can reach AM, 6-7 years for manager?

Unregistered 18-11-2023 12:51 PM

why is this thread even still active in 2023. still got idiots think joining big 4 is a good idea?

Unregistered 18-11-2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260658)
how's audit like with GenZs now?

Gen z senior here. Speaking from my mgr’s POV, they probably feel they have the worst luck meeting a senior like me. Unlike those seniors who only know how to guai guai and listen to the upper like a dog and force the staff to bear the “punishment”, I fought hard for my team. I said no to unreasonable “urgent” request from upper when they fail to do their part. I fought hard to wfh/wfo when the upper insist in going down to fkin ulu tuas to do vouching when the supporting docs are provided in soft copies. I fought hard when the upper wants to cut down on manpower to exploit the whole team further. I let my associates off at 6pm sharp so that they can rest well for the day.

My managers were speechless. They doubted my way of managing the team in the beginning. But guess what, my way of managing succeeded. And productivity is far way better than the millennials/tonkatsu ramen seniors’ old schoool of style.

Unregistered 18-11-2023 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260725)
Gen z senior here. Speaking from my mgr’s POV, they probably feel they have the worst luck meeting a senior like me. Unlike those seniors who only know how to guai guai and listen to the upper like a dog and force the staff to bear the “punishment”, I fought hard for my team. I said no to unreasonable “urgent” request from upper when they fail to do their part. I fought hard to wfh/wfo when the upper insist in going down to fkin ulu tuas to do vouching when the supporting docs are provided in soft copies. I fought hard when the upper wants to cut down on manpower to exploit the whole team further. I let my associates off at 6pm sharp so that they can rest well for the day.

My managers were speechless. They doubted my way of managing the team in the beginning. But guess what, my way of managing succeeded. And productivity is far way better than the millennials/tonkatsu ramen seniors’ old schoool of style.

Pretty sure those dinobus SM will definitely understand when you book a staycation with them

Unregistered 18-11-2023 02:27 PM

Quote:

kudos to u. this is the right way to manage ppl. is this type of management a norm now?

Unregistered 18-11-2023 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260741)
kudos to u. this is the right way to manage ppl. is this type of management a norm now?

Nahh how can this type of management be a norm when the whole industry is made up of jhk who loves to OT for god knows what reason and tekan poor sinkie fresh grads.

Those old folks mindset think they are very smart, think they reach senior alr very big and call the shots. If you think carefully, your associates are the most important assets you have in the engagement. You make your staff happy, give them the trust they want, they will also willingly do work for you what. You shout at them, micromanage them, ask them OT here OT there, you think they will put in effort to help you finish work? More than likely anyhow do and ask you kiosai for them.

Unregistered 18-11-2023 02:51 PM

Quote:

how do you meet unflexible deadlines set by HQ though? especially when there are problems that arise midway and need to follow up with client and everyone there is on leave. plus coaching new joiners with no knowledge of excel and accounting for some reason.

genuinely asking because i work the same way but can't meet the deadlines if we work 9-6.

Unregistered 18-11-2023 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260723)
can you make manager by 5 years? seeing that everywhere online but i thought 5 years only can reach AM, 6-7 years for manager?

End of 5 years, start of 6 years for audit.

Other dept especially consulting can be different

Unregistered 18-11-2023 07:41 PM

how's audit/tax progression compared to consulting/advisory arms in big four? is it true progression outside of audit/tax is less guaranteed cuz attrition rates are lower?

Unregistered 18-11-2023 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260724)
why is this thread even still active in 2023. still got idiots think joining big 4 is a good idea?

No, but some of us old timers like to come in chat about old times. Sucks that we don’t really have new blood sharing latest salary information.

Probably should move on with life already but heck it.