Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 06-08-2015 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71100]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71099)

relax man, like I said earlier, NUS masters don't even accept SIM as a proper uni. this deluded guy even quoted LSE?

btw, I graduated from LSE. and I find it amusing that I have support staffs in my firm saying they graduated from the same uni as me, even asking me if I know mr xxx who lectures for xxx module. then I asked which year were they in, it all fell apart.

When I quoted LSE,I was referring to a SIM UOL grad meeting entry requirements for LSE masters program and gaining admissions.I NEVER said that SIM-UOL graduates can think themselves as LSE graduates.

Now when I listed out few points,I said SIM UOL provides scholarships to study at LSE for their masters program then isn't it logical to think that a SIM UOL graduate can gain admissions into LSE masters provided he or she has met all entry requirements? And if a prestigious university like LSE can provide admissions to a SIM UOL grad then isn't it logical to think NUS also can?

You have completely misunderstood what I've said.I'm not a student in SIM,just some guy serving NS and I seem to be more understanding than you.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 02:35 PM

seeing alot of sim uol graduates putting LSE on fb. Nabei dare them to put full name, LSE-clementi

Unregistered 06-08-2015 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71113]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71100)

When I quoted LSE,I was referring to a SIM UOL grad meeting entry requirements for LSE masters program and gaining admissions.I NEVER said that SIM-UOL graduates can think themselves as LSE graduates.

Now when I listed out few points,I said SIM UOL provides scholarships to study at LSE for their masters program then isn't it logical to think that a SIM UOL graduate can gain admissions into LSE masters provided he or she has met all entry requirements? And if a prestigious university like LSE can provide admissions to a SIM UOL grad then isn't it logical to think NUS also can?

You have completely misunderstood what I've said.I'm not a student in SIM,just some guy serving NS and I seem to be more understanding than you.

it is a FACT that NUS doesn't accept/recognize SIM as a university. in fact, most universities worldwide do not recognize distant learning programmes. these do not qualify as a proper undergraduate programme, and the graduates admission offices do not entertain applications from distant learning providers.

LSE will most definitely NOT recognize SIM/UOL certs. for the record, courses run by SIM do not have equivalents in UOL or whatever institution they partner with. I have friends who works in the graduates department in NUS/NTU, and they have seen fair cases of cocky SIM certs strolling in to apply only to be told that they do not are not recognized.

And no, this is all but a marketing tool. I can set up a football school for kids in Singapore, charge them $10000 per year and say that if you are selected to play for Manchester united or arsenal, I will sponsor you everything.

truth hurts, reality sucks

Unregistered 06-08-2015 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71115]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71113)

it is a FACT that NUS doesn't accept/recognize SIM as a university. in fact, most universities worldwide do not recognize distant learning programmes. these do not qualify as a proper undergraduate programme, and the graduates admission offices do not entertain applications from distant learning providers.

if this is the case, why does SIM have the word Uni beside it to make up the word "UniSIM"?

.UNIsim.edu.sg

or is everyone in UniSIM delusional?

temp111 06-08-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71114)
seeing alot of sim uol graduates putting LSE on fb. Nabei dare them to put full name, LSE-clementi

Nabei chibai u got prob with people putting what sch name they like issit.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 71122)
Nabei chibai u got prob with people putting what sch name they like issit.

No la I also put Harvard in my resume after taking the edX course.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

LSE will most definitely NOT recognize SIM/UOL certs. for the record, courses run by SIM do not have equivalents in UOL or whatever institution they partner with. I have friends who works in the graduates department in NUS/NTU, and they have seen fair cases of cocky SIM certs strolling in to apply only to be told that they do not are not recognized.

Okay,I will disprove your theory.

SIM university is divided into two parts : UNISIM & SIM GE.
As for UNISIM,do you know NUS accepts UNISIM transfer students? If a UNISIM student wishes to transfer to NUS to complete his or her degree,he or she will have to apply as a transfer student(meeting the entry requirements of course) and the FACT that NUS has it written on their website that they recognise UNISIM students to apply as transfer students,throws your Quote "it is a FACT that NUS doesn't accept/recognize SIM as a university" out of the window.

For further information check out the link below :
://.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/transfer/admissionreq/BYA-change-course.html

Unregistered 07-08-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71124)

Ok, i put MIT in mine then.

temp111 07-08-2015 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71124)

Nobody gives a shite what u put on ur resume.

Fark u understand.

Unregistered 08-08-2015 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 71164)
Nobody gives a shite what u put on ur resume.

Fark u understand.

Nuh-uh. I fark u back.

Unregistered 08-08-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

And no, this is all but a marketing tool. I can set up a football school for kids in Singapore, charge them $10000 per year and say that if you are selected to play for Manchester united or arsenal, I will sponsor you everything.

This guy never commented to my counter argument.I'm a poly grad just goes to show poly grads > Lse grads Hahahahaha

Unregistered 10-08-2015 08:33 PM

Six consecutive pages of ******** really make for fascinating reading.

Guys, calm down please...

Unregistered 10-08-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71295)
Six consecutive pages of ******** really make for fascinating reading.

Guys, calm down please...

Ur a SIMian?

Unregistered 10-08-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71297)
Ur a SIMian?

The guy that coined this word should really get an award or something.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71298)
The guy that coined this word should really get an award or something.

Thanks for the award guys. Hope we can have more constructive discussions here instead of monkey business.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71314)
Thanks for the award guys. Hope we can have more constructive discussions here instead of monkey business.

U mentally challenged is it? Based on your posting times its obvious u post very "constructive" discussions

Unregistered 11-08-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71316)
U mentally challenged is it? Based on your posting times its obvious u post very "constructive" discussions

Thanks Sherlock Holmes. I'm "Unregistered" just like most other posters here. I'm not sure why you have linked other posts to me. Some people actually have work to do, instead of hanging out at this forum all day and making random posts.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71317)
Thanks Sherlock Holmes. I'm "Unregistered" just like most other posters here. I'm not sure why you have linked other posts to me. Some people actually have work to do, instead of hanging out at this forum all day and making random posts.

The other guy said "The guy who coined SIMian should be rewarded" and you happily claimed your prize.Well it's obvious you were closely monitoring the forum because if you weren't then you wouldn't say "Thanks for the reward" LOL Seems like you're more jobless than you think.

temp111 11-08-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71321)
The other guy said "The guy who coined SIMian should be rewarded" and you happily claimed your prize.Well it's obvious you were closely monitoring the forum because if you weren't then you wouldn't say "Thanks for the reward" LOL Seems like you're more jobless than you think.

Shut up bitch

Unregistered 11-08-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 71329)
Shut up bitch

For those who want to laugh your as out check out the thread "how much is needed to get married in Singapore?" created by the very guy who replied to my comment,Temp111.It will make for fascinating reading.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71337)
For those who want to laugh your as out check out the thread "how much is needed to get married in Singapore?" created by the very guy who replied to my comment,Temp111.It will make for fascinating reading.

No it's "How much is needed for a single guy to survive in Singapore?" :P Yeah it's quite dumb.

temp111 11-08-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71338)
No it's "How much is needed for a single guy to survive in Singapore?" :P Yeah it's quite dumb.

Nbcb whats so dumb abt it?

Maybe u are the dumb one.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 71341)
Nbcb whats so dumb abt it?

Maybe u are the dumb one.

jin satki ur 11s you loser

Unregistered 11-08-2015 09:07 PM

32k become 11k.

Vietbu increase upkeep sia.

Jin sakki.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71317)

Suuure...go take your medicine la, schizophrenic liao

temp111 11-08-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71352)
jin satki ur 11s you loser

Shut up lah ahgong tiger u cb.

Unregistered 11-08-2015 11:29 PM

Banking and Finance, 2:2
Risk & Wealth Management Consultant with GEFA

First year started out as door-to-door sales, monthly income around 1-2k
Second year I was depending mainly on referral, managed a consistent income of 3-5k.
Currently in third year, experienced a expo growth in 2Q, now earning min 10k.
I believe by my 5th year, can easily hit 20k monthly.

People may dissed me as a insurance agent, but I see myself as a dedicated financial consultant providing clients with financial advisory services, risk and wealth management solutions.

I can really put what I learnt in UOL to good use when explaining financial matters to my clients.

Unregistered 12-08-2015 09:07 AM

heard many insurance agents can reach 300k within 5 years work exp

Unregistered 12-08-2015 11:11 AM

insurance agent no need degree right? diploma + looks can liao?

Unregistered 13-08-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71384)
heard many insurance agents can reach 300k within 5 years work exp

that is exaggerated la. out of 10 new agents, 9 will quit within 2 years i tell you. out of the 1 who stayed, maybe only 1 in 10 will make that type of money with the right connections and a lot of luck. the other 9 who stay is looking at 5-10k best on average every month after 5 years. speaking from exp, another lse clementi graduate here.

Unregistered 13-08-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71390)
insurance agent no need degree right? diploma + looks can liao?

no need degree to enter the industry as or now. the min requirement is still at diploma. good looks is good to have to succeed, but not must-haves. most importantly is hard work, esp for first year to create your client base. but most sim-uol grads, like myself, will find the professional papers a walk in the park after the tough rigours of uol exams.

Unregistered 14-08-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71481)
that is exaggerated la. out of 10 new agents, 9 will quit within 2 years i tell you. out of the 1 who stayed, maybe only 1 in 10 will make that type of money with the right connections and a lot of luck. the other 9 who stay is looking at 5-10k best on average every month after 5 years. speaking from exp, another lse clementi graduate here.

Based on my brief exp with an agency for AIA, I would say 4-6k is a more reasonable average. I doubt it is common for a typical agent >2 yrs to make more than 6k on average every month. Of course those with exceptional sales performance is different story.

My mentor was considered 80th percentile performer and he was only drawing 100k every year.

Unregistered 14-08-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71498)
Based on my brief exp with an agency for AIA, I would say 4-6k is a more reasonable average. I doubt it is common for a typical agent >2 yrs to make more than 6k on average every month. Of course those with exceptional sales performance is different story.

My mentor was considered 80th percentile performer and he was only drawing 100k every year.

Good money and gives you the dream of "the harder you work, the more you can earn" and "be your own boss". How many know what this means? If you think you can get away with 8 hour days, 5 days a week then you will be sorely disappointed. My agent friends are basically on-call throughout the day. Clients like to meet in the evenings up till 9 or 10pm, and weekends are also the best time since they don't need to work. Weekdays are spent clearing paperwork in office and maybe meeting some clients during lunch or tea break.

Unregistered 15-08-2015 04:31 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71100]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71099)

relax man, like I said earlier, NUS masters don't even accept SIM as a proper uni. this deluded guy even quoted LSE?

btw, I graduated from LSE. and I find it amusing that I have support staffs in my firm saying they graduated from the same uni as me, even asking me if I know mr xxx who lectures for xxx module. then I asked which year were they in, it all fell apart.

May I know how many modules did you take during your stay at LSE?

Unregistered 15-08-2015 09:37 AM

hi all,

just to dispel some myths and obvious trolling here. I am about to finish a Master's degree at LSE (the real one). I previously did my undergrad in another UK university and decided to do a Master's to boost my CV and switch my field of studies. There are indeed Singaporean SIM-UOL students who enrolled in Master's degrees at LSE as well. A casual observation shows that most are in the MSc accounting and finance or economics.

I haven't got to hang out much with them because I'm not in the accounting or economics department, but I can gather from speaking to them that they are pretty bright and certainly worked really hard to be where they are. Don't form an opinion of these kids based on a few braggarts. At the end of day, many are at LSE or other universities working hard to pursue an advanced degree to boost their job prospects or to learn something new.

Unregistered 17-08-2015 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71531)
hi all,

just to dispel some myths and obvious trolling here. I am about to finish a Master's degree at LSE (the real one). I previously did my undergrad in another UK university and decided to do a Master's to boost my CV and switch my field of studies. There are indeed Singaporean SIM-UOL students who enrolled in Master's degrees at LSE as well. A casual observation shows that most are in the MSc accounting and finance or economics.

I haven't got to hang out much with them because I'm not in the accounting or economics department, but I can gather from speaking to them that they are pretty bright and certainly worked really hard to be where they are. Don't form an opinion of these kids based on a few braggarts. At the end of day, many are at LSE or other universities working hard to pursue an advanced degree to boost their job prospects or to learn something new.

Where did you do your UG?

Unregistered 17-08-2015 05:00 PM

Working in Bank

I just grad from SIM (FCH), and I want to aim for management associate. I believe with my degree as SIM is becoming a global institute which makes us on par with ivy league university, which is better than local university (personal view), I can secure a position in any Bank.

Was looking at local bank though. Not sure what is the pay I should asked for? (5k to 7k?)

any constructive advice for me?

Unregistered 17-08-2015 05:09 PM

how come so many trolls recently?

Unregistered 17-08-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71588)
I just grad from SIM (FCH), and I want to aim for management associate. I believe with my degree as SIM is becoming a global institute which makes us on par with ivy league university, which is better than local university (personal view), I can secure a position in any Bank.

Was looking at local bank though. Not sure what is the pay I should asked for? (5k to 7k?)

any constructive advice for me?

You are superb! Asking pay far too low! Since you now possess a superior degree your asking pay should be no less than 10k.

Unregistered 17-08-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71590)
how come so many trolls recently?

I am not trolling, I am asking for real advice. I see the way local uni peeps here response and shoot down us, their EQ are really low.

I believe that SIM is better than local uni, as it is a global institute which enable us with more border view of looking at things.