Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 20-11-2015 09:46 AM

Are you a f_ucking joke?

I did an internship at Blackrock, what the f_uck is $15B AUM? LMFAO. It's the gulf between SIM and any decent school. You're really in your own world, sim clown.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75473)
And I suspect you're actually from SIM.

Their use of language is extremely obvious. And no local uni undergrad actually has time to worry about private uni undergrads as they are also in their own world of CCAs and deadlines.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 11:59 AM

I am still waiting for proof of any banking hotshot or top management from MNC that actually come from SIM. All smoke & mirrors about a "friend" from SIM who made it big. Name & co. & linkedin profile? Zero.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75518)
I am still waiting for proof of any banking hotshot or top management from MNC that actually come from SIM. All smoke & mirrors about a "friend" from SIM who made it big. Name & co. & linkedin profile? Zero.

Maybe for a small start you can try searching that dude from Skybridge Capital.. Lol. Most professionals have a presence on linkedin anyway.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75519)
Maybe for a small start you can try searching that dude from Skybridge Capital.. Lol. Most professionals have a presence on linkedin anyway.

What for? Likely another smokes-and-mirrors grad from SIM.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:27 PM

Google toilet cleaner and Skybridge capital ah?

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75522)
Google toilet cleaner and Skybridge capital ah?

Nah, I said "professionals"... Try Skybridge Capital and Admin Executive maybe?

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:01 PM

im from skybridge and i can categorically state that we do not have sim in our cap markets team.

majority of the FO folks are overseas Ivys or LSE - i mean the real one.

we have plenty of sim i suppose, this im not sure since i dont work in back office, but likely doing settlements or back office support roles.

i know the guy who books my trades is from sim. how i know? cause he told me he was from LSE too (im from LSE). but apparently we went to diferent campus - one in clementi and the other in houghton

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75489)
I do not ''answer'' to any SIMbian. I did not ''reply'' to you because you are obviously a SIMbian trying to pass off as an NUS grad. It's so obvious that it is pathetic.

No local uni grad seriously gives a **** between your UOL, RMIT, Wolloongong or yes, Unisim. They are all the same class - cannot make it class. I know of GPA 2.5 Republic Polytechnic (gasp!) graduates that got into Unisim. Only Unisim ppl will use the ''oh only Unisim is government recognised'' argument. The SIM GE and other private uni disagree, and local uni dun give a **** about arguments between losers.

I know it is very difficult for a SIMbian to get As in Polytechnic, but ask the poly grads now studying in local uni. Poly is so easy that it's a bad joke. That's probably because they need to be dumbed down so that idiots like you can pass and go out and work and be a productive member of society. But yet, you refuse to do so and go on to lower the standards of smart working adults in SIM, which is the real purpose behind its government recognition anyway.

dude. you are wrong.

met a sim who failed o lvl - that is unable to qualify for ITE kind even. have to repeat.

his mother put him in sim pre-uni, and he completed the course after 4yrs.

btw, i prefer SIM-pson. sim-bian sounds weird

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75524)
im from skybridge and i can categorically state that we do not have sim in our cap markets team.

we have plenty of sim i suppose, this im not sure since i dont work in back office, but likely doing settlements or back office support roles.

i know the guy who books my trades is from sim. how i know? cause he told me he was from LSE too (im from LSE). but apparently we went to diferent campus - one in clementi and the other in houghton

Yup, that's the kind of profile I expect from someone doing real investments work.

Maybe you can see who's the SIM dude doing interviews in your coy.. And tell him to stfu about his nonsense.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75526)
Yup, that's the kind of profile I expect from someone doing real investments work.

Maybe you can see who's the SIM dude doing interviews in your coy.. And tell him to stfu about his nonsense.

there isnt.

just walked around the floor. its a small place. we dont have a large trading floor.

unless hes from HR.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:42 PM

SIM UOL passing himself off as LSE???? That's to be expected.

Didn't he say he is in the capital markets team? Ask him to show himself lei.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75525)
dude. you are wrong.

met a sim who failed o lvl - that is unable to qualify for ITE kind even. have to repeat.

his mother put him in sim pre-uni, and he completed the course after 4yrs.

btw, i prefer SIM-pson. sim-bian sounds weird

Symbian is what they are. Old, slow and irrelevant. They desperately need to look beyond paper qualifications and find what they're good in - and fast.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75524)

Best. Comment. Ever.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 04:21 PM

So many petty people here. So what if sim grads exaggerate or lie abt from LSE in their cv? Lots of people put fake experience on what they do anyway, its just standard wayang for recruitment. Sounds like a few local uni grads here cannot grow up and sore & jealous about others just because they too scared & obedient to bend the rules.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75538)
So many petty people here. So what if sim grads exaggerate or lie abt from LSE in their cv? Lots of people put fake experience on what they do anyway, its just standard wayang for recruitment. Sounds like a few local uni grads here cannot grow up and sore & jealous about others just because they too scared & obedient to bend the rules.

Only SIMians and Indian Uni grades need to do that, because they lack real skills and qualifications.

Please do not confuse committing fraud with being ''streetwise''.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75538)

Seems like you got it wrong, little SIMian. The petty and butthurt ppl are SIMians like you who cant face the truth about how "amazing" your beloved uni is and pls, only SIMians with a lack of integrity need to resort to lying about their non existent CVs

Unregistered 20-11-2015 10:07 PM

Let's put it this way. If I were hiring someone and he/she was upfront that he was from SIM, I will still consider. Depends on whether I like what I see in the CV, how the interview went and how I think he will perform.

If he puts it in his CV that he's from LSE but turns out to be from SIM in the interview, his chances will go out the window right there and then.

Lack of integrity is the biggest put off.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75562)
Let's put it this way. If I were hiring someone and he/she was upfront that he was from SIM, I will still consider. Depends on whether I like what I see in the CV, how the interview went and how I think he will perform.

If he puts it in his CV that he's from LSE but turns out to be from SIM in the interview, his chances will go out the window right there and then.

Lack of integrity is the biggest put off.

I absolutely agree with this. Putting yourself down as LSE when you're from LSE-Clementi shows how much you're lacking in integrity. Nothing wrong with SIM but be honest plz.

Unregistered 21-11-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75569)
I absolutely agree with this. Putting yourself down as LSE when you're from LSE-Clementi shows how much you're lacking in integrity. Nothing wrong with SIM but be honest plz.

Come on, you think local uni grads also have integrity? Recruiting is a game. e.g. NUS 4.4 is 2nd upper, NUS 4.01 also 2nd upper. But both will put the same class on their resumes.

All hungry for jobs lack integrity in some way.

Unregistered 21-11-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75583)
Come on, you think local uni grads also have integrity? Recruiting is a game. e.g. NUS 4.4 is 2nd upper, NUS 4.01 also 2nd upper. But both will put the same class on their resumes.

wat a joke. that's the best example u can come up with?

Unregistered 21-11-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

The more SIMians talk, the more you realise how limited in intelligence they really are.

I am starting to realise also that they really lack integrity.

Unregistered 21-11-2015 04:14 PM

SIM isn't the only one offering it. You can even do it in your personal capacity without ever going to any institution. Other countries has it as well(U.S., Canada, Australia)

It's not inaccurate to put UOL on the resume. To avoid confusion, UOL grads from anywhere should just leave it as UOL.

If interviewers ask, then clarify.

Unregistered 21-11-2015 04:44 PM

I suppose this sort of faking CV behavior is part of the often proclaimed street smartness of SIM students? No wonder you guys have such a bad reputation in the market.

Unregistered 21-11-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75595)
I suppose this sort of faking CV behavior is part of the often proclaimed street smartness of SIM students? No wonder you guys have such a bad reputation in the market.

Incorrect. Again, it's not "fake".

However the inability to understand that this world is not as binary as you might think, will certainly get you bad rep.

Unregistered 21-11-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75595)

to a sim: street smart = dishonesty + thrash talking

not all sims are like that, but quite a significant portion of them think like that.

Unregistered 21-11-2015 11:51 PM

I got to agree with this. I do hiring sometimes and have seen some ppl with poly GPA 2.x ( actually I wouldn't even put my GPA on CV with that kind of grades) and then degree from LSE. Nope, I did not bother to interview that guy.

Unregistered 22-11-2015 01:03 AM

Quote:

Let's be clear. Your argument is logcially flawed. 4.01 and 4.4 are both legitimately second upper at NUS. Its just too bad that the honours ranking system is not sensitive enough to provide bands for every 0.1 difference in GPA. But that's the employer's problem, and I doubt most employers make such minute distinctions in GPA anyway.

But passing off SIM as a genuine LSE degree is simply dishonest and raises lots of questions about the person's personal ethic. At the very least, it implies that he is willing to fudge the truth even when it is clear that he will be very easily exposed. No, recruiting is not simply a "game" when you insist on shooting yourself in the foot like that.

Thankfully, its easy enough to tell who is genuine and who isn't on paper alone, without even the interview. A real LSE degree holder will have a CV like RJC/Hwachong/NJC --> LSE. An obvious SIM degree holder will be more like poly/lower-tier JC --> "LSE".

Unregistered 22-11-2015 10:25 AM

This is quite simply the shittest thread on this forum, maybe the entire Internet.

Unregistered 22-11-2015 10:56 AM

Nus ntu smu > sim

Unregistered 22-11-2015 10:57 AM

what fresh grad? dont work la..................

Unregistered 22-11-2015 02:29 PM

foreign talent with fake degree > nus ntu smu sim

Unregistered 22-11-2015 04:00 PM

So many local unis degree holders working under fake degree holders from overseas but still 'diam diam', now here keep bashing SIM Singaporeans, 真悲哀!!!

Unregistered 22-11-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75650)
So many local unis degree holders working under fake degree holders from overseas but still 'diam diam', now here keep bashing SIM Singaporeans, 真悲哀!!!

NUS, NTU AND SMU also sucks. At the end of the day also like a dog, working under for a employer. What's the big deal

Unregistered 22-11-2015 05:39 PM

we all sucks. let's close this bloody forum for good with so many bloody clones around, including myself, not requiring any proper identification to post...

hehehehehe

SIM SUCKS

Unregistered 22-11-2015 05:40 PM

sim suckssssssssssssssssssss

Unregistered 22-11-2015 05:40 PM

unisim suxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unregistered 23-11-2015 10:44 AM

average local grad, having graduated from their prestigious top 20 university in the world enters the working world. finds out that they are earning a only few quids more than their sub par low standard sim peers. disappointed, comes out to this forum to bash them.

sim grads, come out to say that they are not doing too bad in the working world.

the sad truth is that the bosses of all you suckers are usually...the FTs.

Unregistered 23-11-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75686)
average local grad, having graduated from their prestigious top 20 university in the world enters the working world. finds out that they are earning a only few quids more than their sub par low standard sim peers. disappointed, comes out to this forum to bash them.

sim grads, come out to say that they are not doing too bad in the working world.

the sad truth is that the bosses of all you suckers are usually...the FTs.

Hi i'm a local uni grad, i work in a bulge bracket middle office drawing 4.7K and i think i win all the pte uni students because i'm earning more and i'm in BB. Do i like my job? nope.. LOL.. its just a dog job supporting the trading desk. but yeah, sim sucks because u guys earn less than me doing the same thing. lol song bo

Unregistered 23-11-2015 02:13 PM

Really matured conversation going on here. Just goes to show these clowns are all on the same level no matter local or non-local grads.

Grow up boys, time to get some work done.