Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 15-06-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138369)
Ngl, watching pathetic local uni grads whine & getting triggered in a SIM-UOL forum is pretty top tier CB entertainment 😂

#RentFree

Exactly, I will play both sides to see who will catch the bait. The responses are really funny 😆

Unregistered 15-06-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138368)
Can confirm, I'm a 2nd upper from NUS and I hereby verify that all of us are getting paid 1.9k in our traineeship allowance. Therefore, as a 2nd local uni grad in this forum myself, I decree that we shall lower the allowance used in the comparisons of top-private-uni grads to 2nd-upper-local-uni grads from 2.2k to 1.9k to ensure a fairer discussion.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA u srs bro? 1.9k?

Bro.. even my diploma friend GPA 2.7 go out work also more than 1.9k alamak.

Jialat leh no wonder so many local uni grads are looking for different avenues to vent their frustration

Unregistered 15-06-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138367)
LinkedIn URLs with actual names, digital CV & personal information = "imagination"
Anonymous survey (where any tom, dick and harry can put 200k p.a.) = "government survey" "this is more accurate"

Pretty much sums up local uni grads LOL

If you love confirmation bias that much, sure! local uni grads are doing fine~

Those threads you see on ppl struggling to land FT jobs / taking up 2.2k internships @ salary.sg? They are totally fake!

Wake up la you are lurking a private uni forum trying to wave your non-existent e-dick.

Quit crying :(

brother don't like that la, cannot blame them.

they are the same type of ppl who post their "thesis" survey on their private wa/telegram group chats to ask friends for responses. Afterwhich, they coin these responses as conclusive of their "thesis" LMAO

Unregistered 15-06-2020 11:29 PM

Private uni girls soon can piak them in phrase 2. Cheers. Finally!

Unregistered 17-06-2020 08:26 PM

Yup all these jealous losers from local uni, study so hard still can't find jobs. I'm from SIM-UOL B&F, graduating this year and have already secured a capital markets role in GS ($9k/month). In the end it comes down to hard work. We shouldn't let these local uni grads talk us down.

Unregistered 17-06-2020 08:36 PM

Lai liao lai liao

Unregistered 17-06-2020 08:47 PM

Plot twist:

All along, it is just this 1 BBFA uncle/stalker with nothing to do - replying as both a private uni grad as well as a local uni grad

Unregistered 17-06-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138646)
Yup all these jealous losers from local uni, study so hard still can't find jobs. I'm from SIM-UOL B&F, graduating this year and have already secured a capital markets role in GS ($9k/month). In the end it comes down to hard work. We shouldn't let these local uni grads talk us down.

fake news from non targets, what's new?

Unregistered 18-06-2020 04:58 AM

no one:

absolutely no one:

BBFA lurker: I should talk to myself on forums as if I have bipolar

Unregistered 18-06-2020 07:28 AM

Tough job market for all graduates:

s://.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/the-big-read-coronavirus-covid-19-jobs-graduates-12812732

Unregistered 18-06-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138697)
no one:

absolutely no one:

BBFA lurker: I should talk to myself on forums as if I have bipolar

Hahaha! F off!

Seems like I'm still living in your head #rentfree

Unregistered 18-06-2020 09:48 AM

We are all living in your head, rent-free ;)

#BBFA

Unregistered 27-06-2020 03:20 AM

Loving this phase 2 .... so many private uni girls coming out to sell Chee bye due to cannot find job.... can sleep with one more tonight. $100 for sale!

Unregistered 27-06-2020 01:18 PM

Why you so pathetic... ppl alrd onboarded earning 52k pa la aiyo

If u want free one just google all the local uni, got their real names somemore (ie bunnyjanjan) if not, $100 only can buy ur daughter cb 10 times brother 🤭

#BBFA #RentFree

Unregistered 27-06-2020 01:45 PM

#rentfree loser monitoring all the threads defending his pathethic sim distance learrning degree all the time LOL

Unregistered 27-06-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140017)
#rentfree loser monitoring all the threads defending his pathethic sim distance learrning degree all the time LOL

3am bro, 3am.

It’s ok honey, let it all out. 2.2k traineeships must be tough KEKW 🙃🤭

Unregistered 30-06-2020 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140029)
3am bro, 3am.

It’s ok honey, let it all out. 2.2k traineeships must be tough KEKW 🙃🤭

Many SIM girls in 1.8k traineeship. To impress have to sleep with bosses after office hours.

Unregistered 30-06-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140301)
Many SIM girls in 1.8k traineeship. To impress have to sleep with bosses after office hours.

Many BBFAs like to think that they have a woman to sleep with. To feel better, they jerk off at 5am in the morning.

Unregistered 02-07-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139992)
Loving this phase 2 .... so many private uni girls coming out to sell Chee bye due to cannot find job.... can sleep with one more tonight. $100 for sale!

10 chars NPNT

Unregistered 02-07-2020 02:02 PM

Not SIM-UOL but SIM-RMIT

Big 4 Audit $3K

Prolly leaving after 1 or 2 years

Yes we are from private university and those from local uni migjt havw learned more skills or get a higher pay. Just work hard, network, be sincere, do your best and i am sure you will make it to the best of your abilities.

Jiayou, especially in this tough covid world.

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 02:19 PM

I graduated from University of Essex, a partner of Kaplan, a private university in Singapore. I'm working as an internship now and got pay 1k :)

Unregistered 02-07-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thangtvn96 (Post 140567)
I graduated from University of Essex, a partner of Kaplan, a private university in Singapore. I'm working as an internship now and got pay 1k :)

Why are you in sim thread..

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140581)
Why are you in sim thread..

LOL my bad :)
This thread's name is "SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay"
I thought the name is "fresh grad starting pay" So embarrassing :eek:

Unregistered 03-07-2020 12:15 AM

Many SIM grads are selling insurance. Because you don’t need a degree to sell insurance + can laugh at their local uni peers for earning less than them in this pandemic. #hardtruths

Anarki95 03-07-2020 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140673)
Many SIM grads are selling insurance. Because you don’t need a degree to sell insurance + can laugh at their local uni peers for earning less than them in this pandemic. #hardtruths

That’s true bro. I have a friend who owns an investment holding company graduated from RMIT. He is a millionaire at the age of 25 years old. He started out in insurance. Close a businessman. That guy gave him an opportunity to be under his guidance. Invested in him. It’s all bout who knows you and who you know. Networking is key in ensuring success.

sinkingfeeling 13-07-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarki95 (Post 140675)
That’s true bro. I have a friend who owns an investment holding company graduated from RMIT. He is a millionaire at the age of 25 years old. He started out in insurance. Close a businessman. That guy gave him an opportunity to be under his guidance. Invested in him. It’s all bout who knows you and who you know. Networking is key in ensuring success.

So if you're a private uni grad + poor social skills, one lifetime forever finished? :(

Unregistered 14-07-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 141637)
So if you're a private uni grad + poor social skills, one lifetime forever finished? :(

Yes. Either you leave singapore. Or go geylang to provide open leg service. You only have 2 choice for survival.

Unregistered 14-07-2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarki95 (Post 140675)

a millionaire but graduated from RMIT. sad.

Alexxxxxx 15-07-2020 10:32 AM

Not all SIM grads are useless or bad like so many people make out to be. I was from SIM-UOL, got into a big 4, left after my 1st senior year & now in the private sector drawing $5.2K/month. Might not be much compared to FO in banks/tech but we all start somewhere & have our own path. Just work hard, communicate well & network. All the best everyone, be it private or local uni grad. Don't hate, just love. Life is too short too hate & bash each other. There's more to life.

Unregistered 15-07-2020 03:20 PM

Admittedly graduating from RMIT is not ideal, but try to make the best out of your situation. I would strongly encourage graduates take up temp/internships with Gov agencies, and try your best to convert to a perm staff after. I took that route, earning $13 as a temp, before converting! Current pay is around 4.2k, in the comms line. Jiayou!

Unregistered 15-07-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141793)
Admittedly graduating from RMIT is not ideal, but try to make the best out of your situation. I would strongly encourage graduates take up temp/internships with Gov agencies, and try your best to convert to a perm staff after. I took that route, earning $13 as a temp, before converting! Current pay is around 4.2k, in the comms line. Jiayou!

Hi - thanks for encouragement! I’m interested in comms also. What was your progression in gov agencies like?

Unregistered 15-07-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141794)
Hi - thanks for encouragement! I’m interested in comms also. What was your progression in gov agencies like?

I'm under the MX scheme and obviously a farmer, so progression/increment will be slow. The struggle will be getting to SAD/DD level I guess.

Unregistered 15-07-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141796)
I'm under the MX scheme and obviously a farmer, so progression/increment will be slow. The struggle will be getting to SAD/DD level I guess.

Still rare for PU grads to enter civil sector right? Srsly happy for youuu :)

How long did it take to reach your current salary? :)

sinkingfeeling 15-07-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141720)
Yes. Either you leave singapore. Or go geylang to provide open leg service. You only have 2 choice for survival.

I don't even have money to go for a holiday overseas :(

And I'm nowhere near good looking so Geylang is out of the question :(

sinkingfeeling 15-07-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141793)

That's a cool story brother, thank you for sharing :(

Unregistered 15-07-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexxxxxx (Post 141763)
Not all SIM grads are useless or bad like so many people make out to be. I was from SIM-UOL, got into a big 4, left after my 1st senior year & now in the private sector drawing $5.2K/month. Might not be much compared to FO in banks/tech but we all start somewhere & have our own path. Just work hard, communicate well & network. All the best everyone, be it private or local uni grad. Don't hate, just love. Life is too short too hate & bash each other. There's more to life.

this is so tragic

sinkingfeeling 16-07-2020 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141819)
this is so tragic

It's also a groovy story delivered in style by a brethren of ours :(

Unregistered 16-07-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141798)
Still rare for PU grads to enter civil sector right? Srsly happy for youuu :)

How long did it take to reach your current salary? :)

Fresh grad yes, but tbh once you hit SM/AD level, paper qualifications don't matter as much I think. Know quite a few of them holding private degrees. Salary wise, it took around 2.5 years. There was quite a good increase after emplacement, plus if you served NS, you get a few hundred more as well. But progression from here onwards will definitely be slow...

Unregistered 11-08-2020 12:44 AM

Stop being an asshole.

I’m just a poly graduate from TP A&F and currently serving NS. I didn’t do well during poly which I regretted because all I did was play and play. Nevertheless, it doesn’t matter anymore because what’s done, done. We can only look forward and make decisions that’s best for the future by learning from the past.

So I came to this forum to get a rough gauge of the salary that I can expect to get as a UOL-SIM graduate. There are some valuable information out here but half of them are just a joke. People bashing one another over the prospects and starting salary of their degrees. I’ll expect local uni students to be more educated and virtuous but it seems that it’s not the case uh. Bunch of trollers. Why are you even on this thread? Isn’t it clearly SIM UOL FRESH GRAD STARTING PAY?

You will probably flame me by saying “you haven’t even graduate or done anything useful in your life so just stfu.” Yeah flame me all you want. I can deal with it.

Unregistered 11-08-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143642)
I’m just a poly graduate from TP A&F and currently serving NS. I didn’t do well during poly which I regretted because all I did was play and play. Nevertheless, it doesn’t matter anymore because what’s done, done. We can only look forward and make decisions that’s best for the future by learning from the past.

So I came to this forum to get a rough gauge of the salary that I can expect to get as a UOL-SIM graduate. There are some valuable information out here but half of them are just a joke. People bashing one another over the prospects and starting salary of their degrees. I’ll expect local uni students to be more educated and virtuous but it seems that it’s not the case uh. Bunch of trollers. Why are you even on this thread? Isn’t it clearly SIM UOL FRESH GRAD STARTING PAY?

You will probably flame me by saying “you haven’t even graduate or done anything useful in your life so just stfu.” Yeah flame me all you want. I can deal with it.

Why get so affected by the trolls? Some of them are probably not even local uni students or grads (you think they got the time to cyberbully us? Lol) Feel like many of those who talk **** abt private uni are edmw bbfa or unemployed 60 y.o. uncle type. Chill lah brother.