Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 14-06-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138170)
and whats wrong with that? at least i have a job that pays more than 75% of all local uni grads. we know economy is bad, and we know our worth. 2.6k is plenty for us. no wonder you local uni kids cant find job.

LOL subtle abit more leh. I think #rentfree should be smart enough to catch this. I hope? LOL

Unregistered 14-06-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138160)
Just ignore the rent free delusional SIM troll ba. You keeps saying 75% of SIM grads he knows are doing better than NUS/NTU grads.

😂😂😂

Here’s the definition of delusional: Local uni grads who think they are better simply because of their diploma.

Fact is, you guys are struggling to even land 2.2k traineeships while there are many private uni grads whose starting salary are above the 75th percentile of local uni fresh grads.

Learn to read before you quote, or did local uni teach you nothing?

Definition of rent-free (there’s a dash btw): Commenting, spam posting and sometimes even replying to your own posts (on a SIM UOL forum no less) on weekends, often times in the wee hours of the morning.

Just look at the standard of your english here. Can’t even avoid making grammatical errors while writing two sentences when you are attempting to insult others. Tragic.

Again, you can’t find assurance, security or even a better paying job here.

Feel better soon alright? Xoxo

Unregistered 14-06-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138174)
Here’s the definition of delusional: Local uni grads who think they are better simply because of their diploma.

Fact is, you guys are struggling to even land 2.2k traineeships while there are many private uni grads whose starting salary are above the 75th percentile of local uni fresh grads.

Learn to read before you quote, or did local uni teach you nothing?

Definition of rent-free (there’s a dash btw): Commenting, spam posting and sometimes even replying to your own posts (on a SIM UOL forum no less) on weekends, often times in the wee hours of the morning.

Just look at the standard of your english here. Can’t even avoid making grammatical errors while writing two sentences when you are attempting to insult others. Tragic.

Again, you can’t find assurance, security or even a better paying job here.

Feel better soon alright? Xoxo

LAI LIAO LOL g i told you he'll take the bait

#rentfree

Unregistered 14-06-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138176)

#rentfree

OMG how pathetic are you? you constantly refreshing this page ah? HAHAHA

Oh no! Are you about to spam post again with your imaginary “friends”? :(

“LAI LIAO I told you he will take the bait” - state of local uni grads when they can’t come up with any reasonable comebacks grounded by facts.

Enjoy your Sunday. And by that I mean every other day since you are probably jobless :)

Unregistered 14-06-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138172)
LOL subtle abit more leh. I think #rentfree should be smart enough to catch this. I hope? LOL

dont say out leh now he sure suspicious alr. recently this thread is actually funny thanks to him, so i want to keep it going ma #rentfreebros #rentfreewithdash

Unregistered 14-06-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138180)
dont say out leh now he sure suspicious alr. recently this thread is actually funny thanks to him, so i want to keep it going ma #rentfreebros #rentfreewithdash

don't like that lah. I think we find jobs better, cry here also no use ma.

#letsnotcopy #wecanmakeit2

Unregistered 14-06-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138176)

#rentfree

LOL I swear this is gonna be a meme

sinkingfeeling 14-06-2020 04:48 PM

It's good to see that the Sunday thread tradition is being kept alive here :(

Unregistered 14-06-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138190)
LOL I swear this is gonna be a meme

“Goes to local uni in hopes of landing a decent salary”
“End up at private uni forum talking to myself whilst applying to 2.2k contract jobs”

Unregistered 14-06-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138198)
“Goes to local uni in hopes of landing a decent salary”
“End up at private uni forum talking to myself whilst applying to 2.2k contract jobs”

Haha lol u see told you he'll take the bait liao

Unregistered 14-06-2020 05:49 PM

Can go local uni, who would want to go SIM-UOL?

Unregistered 14-06-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138199)
Haha lol u see told you he'll take the bait liao

no la the one baited is actl us...

we got bloody local u certs but still pathetic enough to come here refresh refresh on a Sunday a bit sad leh..

i gonna go find jobs liao so at least when we bump into them irl they cannot laugh

Unregistered 14-06-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138205)
Can go local uni, who would want to go SIM-UOL?

those who dowan study 4 years to take 2.2k contract internship lo.. :(

Unregistered 14-06-2020 06:22 PM

Even in good times, only 47% of private students find full-time work 6 months after graduation, compared with 78% for public university grads.

s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/about-half-of-private-school-graduates-find-full-time-work-six-months-after

Unregistered 14-06-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138210)
Even in good times, only 47% of private students find full-time work 6 months after graduation, compared with 78% for public university grads.

s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/about-half-of-private-school-graduates-find-full-time-work-six-months-after

Imagine studying for 4 years only to be jobless or getting paid lower than private uni grad lol. At least we can find jobs at 2.6k, while most local u grads need to take 2.2k traineeships to even put food on the table.

Unregistered 14-06-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

So you were the 22% back then & now you form the ~50%?

Got time obsess over SIM-UOL, y not spend the time to make yourself more secure so you don’t always have to hide behind a screen? :(

#RentFree

Unregistered 14-06-2020 07:10 PM

I'm from local uni and some not very bright friends paid their way into SIM-UOL and are struggling to find jobs in this market, even with FCH. There's this joker who even failed in SIM after multiple semesters. Unlike local uni where academic under performance can lead to expulsion, he just continued paying and managed to graduate after 7 years! Those SIM students tried to apply for part time cleaning job - over qualified. Tried to apply for $2.2k traineeship, under qualified. Basically nobody wants them. Now, they're just sitting at home, surfing the net, visiting salary.sg, living rent-free, obseesed with the better lives NUS peers have next door in Clementi. If only they studied harder during Polytechnic instead of going Zouk every few days. That's the mentality of SIM-UOL students. Delusional, entitled and slightly dim.

Unregistered 14-06-2020 07:21 PM

... and here you are commenting on a private uni thread on a Sunday.

Why you so triggered? 🤣

I know there are some SIM-UOL students who one-up yall for GA/MA programmes la... but that’s life... :(

Rather than lurking our forums/resorting to spam posting, replying to your own posts, and now cooking up a poorly written “anecdote”, y not take off your keyboard warrior armour and start channeling your anger productively?

#RentFree

Unregistered 14-06-2020 07:27 PM

haha lol ya this rentfree guy is memeworthy liao

Unregistered 14-06-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138221)
... and here you are commenting on a private uni thread on a Sunday.

Why you so triggered? 🤣

I know there are some SIM-UOL students who one-up yall for GA/MA programmes la... but that’s life... :(

Rather than lurking our forums/resorting to spam posting, replying to your own posts, and now cooking up a poorly written “anecdote”, y not take off your keyboard warrior armour and start channeling your anger productively?

#RentFree

LMAO don’t bully stupid ppl leh. he can call ppl not very bright but don’t know how to spell obsessed rofl

sinkingfeeling 14-06-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Hard Uni Grad Truths :(:o:(

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138170)
and whats wrong with that? at least i have a job that pays more than 75% of all local uni grads. we know economy is bad, and we know our worth. 2.6k is plenty for us. no wonder you local uni kids cant find job.

huh what 75% of all uni grads? is your pay above 5k? because 75th percentile is around there

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:44 AM

i don't get why private uni peeps seem to think traineeships are only for local u grads. like, maybe they see themselves as part of diploma holders? then again, the sgunited traineeships are also applicable to diploma holders. covid only affect local u meh? hahaha dumb fks

Unregistered 15-06-2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138303)
i don't get why private uni peeps seem to think traineeships are only for local u grads. like, maybe they see themselves as part of diploma holders? then again, the sgunited traineeships are also applicable to diploma holders. covid only affect local u meh? hahaha dumb fks

That is why they ended up in SIM.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138302)
huh what 75% of all uni grads? is your pay above 5k? because 75th percentile is around there

Huh.... Also don't believe too much into such surveys on graduate salaries.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 09:59 AM

Triggered local uni grads spam posting in the wee hours of Monday, you love to see it.

Jobless eh? :( :)

And yes, there are a bunch of private uni grads drawing >4.5k (75th percentile of local uni btw) str out of school (think Big Tech, GA/MA Programmes in Top-Tier/Mid-Tier BBs, Foreign MNCs, Strat Houses, HF etc), but I digress.

As you’re below the 25th percentile, you are probably looking at <2.2k for a 1-year contract internship. That’s less than a UOL 3rd class hon pass degree FULL-TIME starting pay.

Feel better yeah? 😭;)

Unregistered 15-06-2020 11:26 AM

So where did you get the statistics from? Pull out from thin air? No wonder ended up in SIM. When someone shares actual government or mainstream media survey data on pte/public uni, you ignore and you anyhow share rubbish numbers. Use intellect instead of imagination and maybe you will do slightly better in life.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138338)
So where did you get the statistics from? Pull out from thin air? No wonder ended up in SIM. When someone shares actual government or mainstream media survey data on pte/public uni, you ignore and you anyhow share rubbish numbers. Use intellect instead of imagination and maybe you will do slightly better in life.

So you are conveniently disregarding the several LinkedIn urls (out of many from the vast ocean) shared earlier?

Here's a serious question: are you intellectually challenged? Mainstream media survey data = 100% Genuine? Look at the first few posts of this thread. Local uni grads back then are already shitting on local uni graduate surveys.

Do you not know what survey integrity (i.e. representative sample among others) is?Better yet, have you taken a look at the recent ST essential/non-essential job survey?

Feel better alright? 2.3k traineeships are on the horizon I reckon, quit crying.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138338)

2.2k contract internship come here spout 'do better in life' all lol.

#buyaolian

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138344)
2.2k contract internship come here spout 'do better in life' all lol.

#buyaolian

I thought the other forum they say their summer internship is 5k++.

Wah all the local grad uni officially graduated enter work force... only pathetitc 2.2k internship...

Sad sia.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138326)
Huh.... Also don't believe too much into such surveys on graduate salaries.

Graduate salaries is real okay.

Cause everyone want to feel good they enter their salary high high...
Gross pay 3.6k they enter as
3.6k + 15% CPF + aws / 12 + estimated bonus / 12 ..

make them feel shiok...
at least that what i did when i enter the graduate salary survey hehehe...
but sorry, i bodoh... don' tknow what is gross salary...
i thought gross means ... include all..

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:29 PM

This is a tough period for the job market; bashing for a long period of time.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138340)
So you are conveniently disregarding the several LinkedIn urls (out of many from the vast ocean) shared earlier?

Here's a serious question: are you intellectually challenged? Mainstream media survey data = 100% Genuine? Look at the first few posts of this thread. Local uni grads back then are already shitting on local uni graduate surveys.

Do you not know what survey integrity (i.e. representative sample among others) is?Better yet, have you taken a look at the recent ST essential/non-essential job survey?

Feel better alright? 2.3k traineeships are on the horizon I reckon, quit crying.

Are you conveniently ignoring the majority of SIM grads who are unable to find jobs then? If local uni grads have resulted to taking up '2.3k traineeships' according to you, what about private grads? I'm sure it applies to us as well? So far you have been consistently picking the cream of the crop from SIM and making (I can't even tell what type of) comparisons with local U grads. I mean we all know that there will be success stories from whichever uni you are from, local or private, but whats the objective in comparing the top 1 percentile with the 75?

Unregistered 15-06-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138346)
I thought the other forum they say their summer internship is 5k++.

Wah all the local grad uni officially graduated enter work force... only pathetitc 2.2k internship...

Sad sia.

Better than jobless SIM graduates 😔😔😔

Unregistered 15-06-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138340)

So you base your imaginative statistics by nitpicking some rare, unverified Linkedin profiles (that anyone can easily fake) of "successful" SIM graduates while conveniently leaving out the majority who are jobless or have abysmal low paying jobs? There are easily many more LinkedIn profiles of successful NUS/NTU grads than the handful and limited numbers you found. Is that how SIM taught students on sample size and quantitative reasoning? Nobody is saying the government's survey is 100% accurate but I bet its more accurate than your imagination. So can you find me a research study that shows SIM students have better job prospects other pulling out random Linkedin profiles? I bet there's none. This speak volumes on why SIM grads command such low pay.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138360)
Are you conveniently ignoring the majority of SIM grads who are unable to find jobs then? If local uni grads have resulted to taking up '2.3k traineeships' according to you, what about private grads? I'm sure it applies to us as well? So far you have been consistently picking the cream of the crop from SIM and making (I can't even tell what type of) comparisons with local U grads. I mean we all know that there will be success stories from whichever uni you are from, local or private, but whats the objective in comparing the top 1 percentile with the 75?

Not 2.3k sir, 2.2k (as verified by a 2nd local uni grad on this forum itself).

They are not the top 1 percentile btw, but whatever suits your agenda I guess.

Quit being salty when the guy whom you disagreed with said "there a bunch" "there a handful of".

Unregistered 15-06-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138365)
So you base your imaginative statistics by nitpicking some rare, unverified Linkedin profiles (that anyone can easily fake) of "successful" SIM graduates while conveniently leaving out the majority who are jobless or have abysmal low paying jobs? There are easily many more LinkedIn profiles of successful NUS/NTU grads than the handful and limited numbers you found. Is that how SIM taught students on sample size and quantitative reasoning? Nobody is saying the government's survey is 100% accurate but I bet its more accurate than your imagination. So can you find me a research study that shows SIM students have better job prospects other pulling out random Linkedin profiles? I bet there's none. This speak volumes on why SIM grads command such low pay.

LinkedIn URLs with actual names, digital CV & personal information = "imagination"
Anonymous survey (where any tom, dick and harry can put 200k p.a.) = "government survey" "this is more accurate"

Pretty much sums up local uni grads LOL

If you love confirmation bias that much, sure! local uni grads are doing fine~

Those threads you see on ppl struggling to land FT jobs / taking up 2.2k internships @ salary.sg? They are totally fake!

Wake up la you are lurking a private uni forum trying to wave your non-existent e-dick.

Quit crying :(

Unregistered 15-06-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138366)
Not 2.3k sir, 2.2k (as verified by a 2nd local uni grad on this forum itself).

They are not the top 1 percentile btw, but whatever suits your agenda I guess.

Quit being salty when the guy whom you disagreed with said "there a bunch" "there a handful of".

Can confirm, I'm a 2nd upper from NUS and I hereby verify that all of us are getting paid 1.9k in our traineeship allowance. Therefore, as a 2nd local uni grad in this forum myself, I decree that we shall lower the allowance used in the comparisons of top-private-uni grads to 2nd-upper-local-uni grads from 2.2k to 1.9k to ensure a fairer discussion.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 02:08 PM

Ngl, watching pathetic local uni grads whine & getting triggered in a SIM-UOL forum is pretty top tier CB entertainment 😂

#RentFree

Unregistered 15-06-2020 02:08 PM

I can't help but shake my head at local uni students. Yes, we didn't do well in poly or jc. Yes we command lower pay than local university students. Yes, we may find it harder to secure jobs. But we have humility and empathy. We don't go round bashing others. We take the time instead to improve ourselves and help others. This human touch is what local uni do not have. Just study like zombies. Only can do well on paper but zero inside the heart.