Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 19-05-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218204)
After seeing all the fake posts on this thread, I decided to share my SIM/career story. Up to you if you want to believe or not.

Came from a low-income family. Mum was a cleaner and dad did odd-jobs on top of his full-time work as a technician to support the family. Didn't study very hard when I was in Poly but due to the part-time jobs that I took up, one of them just so happen to be relevant enough that I got a job in ST about 3 years after I finished NS with the starting pay of 1800. Studied part-time uniSIM/UOW while working at ST and I can affirm what a previous poster said about private uni students being so dumb as to submit the paper that they copied with the original student's name attached. Happened to my classmate and he from an A grade drop to just pass. My UOW grades wasn't great either so I ended up working in ST for close to 10 years before I decided to rage quit. My final pay before quitting was just 3400 despite my long service.

Things started looking up for me after quitting ST though. By some miracle and partially because of the niche projects I was involved in (what kind of projects, those who know will know), I applied successfully for a gov job with a starting pay close to double my previous pay. I worked hard, proved myself and 3 years later, I now earn enough to meet the requirement for a metal credit card.

At this point, many of you will be screaming ******** but if I want to big cannon fairy, I can always claim to aim 14K- 20k a month. Just know that SIM doesn't mean you will forever be a grab driver and that experienced > qualifications.

wow respect, went from 3.4k to 6.8k wow

NUS / NTU idiots probably crying now

Unregistered 19-05-2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218215)
different person, different story lah bodoh

Pls la, u see all the ‘replies’ he is receiving. All respect!!!!

U honestly think it is a different person?

Unregistered 19-05-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

After seeing all the fake posts on this thread, I decided to share my SIM/career story. Up to you if you want to believe or not.

Came from a low-income family. Mum was a cleaner and dad did odd-jobs on top of his full-time work as a technician to support the family. Didn't study very hard when I was in Poly but due to the part-time jobs that I took up, one of them just so happen to be relevant enough that I got a job in ST about 3 years after I finished NS with the starting pay of 1800. Studied part-time uniSIM/UOW while working at ST and I can affirm what a previous poster said about private uni students being so dumb as to submit the paper that they copied with the original student's name attached. Happened to my classmate and he from an A grade drop to just pass. My UOW grades wasn't great either so I ended up working in ST for close to 10 years before I decided to rage quit. My final pay before quitting was just 3400 despite my long service.

Things started looking up for me after quitting ST though. By some miracle and partially because of the niche projects I was involved in (what kind of projects, those who know will know), I applied successfully for a gov job with a starting pay close to double my previous pay. I worked hard, proved myself and 3 years later, I now earn enough to meet the requirement for a metal credit card.

At this point, many of you will be screaming ******** but if I want to big cannon fairy, I can always claim to aim 14K- 20k a month. Just know that SIM doesn't mean you will forever be a grab driver and that experienced > qualifications.

of all the languages, you chose to speak facts!

respect!! x1000

Unregistered 19-05-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

wah bro really respect

Unregistered 19-05-2022 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218303)

WOw respect for u bro x100

Unregistered 19-05-2022 10:28 PM

Quote:

Respect Respect

Unregistered 19-05-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218303)

stop being a hater bro!

SIM grads nowadays are built different, they could have taken the easy way out and go local uni and get jobs based on uni name alone but nope they worked hard to get skills and make a living.

much respect to them !

Unregistered 19-05-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218311)
stop being a hater bro!

SIM grads nowadays are built different, they could have taken the easy way out and go local uni and get jobs based on uni name alone but nope they worked hard to get skills and make a living.

much respect to them !

Respect for what you say!

Unregistered 20-05-2022 12:22 AM

Quote:

stop being a hater bro!

much respect to them !

Yes respect people who take the hard way!

Unregistered 20-05-2022 06:39 AM

eh? eh? respeck boi bois, may i play wif ur mamma boobunnies, i wan bite da nipple, take out da milk canannot?

Unregistered 20-05-2022 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218327)
eh? eh? respeck boi bois, may i play wif ur mamma boobunnies, i wan bite da nipple, take out da milk canannot?

of all the languages, you chose to speak ********!

respect!! x1000

Unregistered 20-05-2022 08:24 AM

Quote:

stop being a hater bro!

much respect to them !

LOL no wonder ppl say private uni people cmi.

Only know how to say respect and post forum.

Unregistered 20-05-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218337)
LOL no wonder ppl say private uni people cmi.

Only know how to say respect and post forum.

Lol private uni

Might as well go ITE

is the end

Unregistered 20-05-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

I worked hard, proved myself and 3 years later, I now earn enough to meet the requirement for a metal credit card.

Lol, metal credit card. Is it those crypto kind mah 😂

You got “metal” credit card, but compare against my “metal” car mah 😂

Unregistered 20-05-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218343)
Lol private uni

Might as well go ITE

is the end

lol, even ITE students better than private uni, I know some ITE students that are really innovative and hardworking. They really work hard to go poly and eventually local uni or they have their own successful business.

To me, private uni students are just cosplaying as uni students. No substance all fluff, and then u have these crazy fckers over here thinking private uni is some big fck.

Might as well take that cert and wipe your ass. I think even toilet paper worth more than your private uni degree.

Unregistered 20-05-2022 09:57 AM

so many haters on here so cringe, just becos ur parents spoonfed u to local uni u think ure good? these SIM people didnt get spoonfed, they pick the hardest way possible and still made it out

no wonder local uni rep so trash, all spoonfed cry babies

Unregistered 20-05-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218351)
so many haters on here so cringe, just becos ur parents spoonfed u to local uni u think ure good? these SIM people didnt get spoonfed, they pick the hardest way possible and still made it out

no wonder local uni rep so trash, all spoonfed cry babies

pls la 99.9% of the people that go private uni is because they cmi local uni.

"pick the hardest way possible" AHAHAHA more like they got rejected by the easiest way.

Unregistered 20-05-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218353)
pls la 99.9% of the people that go private uni is because they cmi local uni.

"pick the hardest way possible" AHAHAHA more like they got rejected by the easiest way.

nope u are so wrong , some of them are smart, smarter than local uni morons

they know private uni = 2 year can graduate and get job

local unis ? pui, waste 4 years for fk ? get same job ? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

typical arrogant local uni kids coping hard with the fact that SIM grads are now on par with them .

Unregistered 20-05-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218354)

typical arrogant local uni kids coping hard with the fact that SIM grads are now on par with them .

LOLOL, thanks for the good joke even though april fool is over.

I have seen private uni's curriculum (if you can even call it that), they are really basic and fcking easy. I think even poly kids learn more in depth stuff than private uni.

Ya you take 2 years to graduate cos you are not learning anything of substance, learning fluff is not going to help u in your future jobs.

and pls dun say private uni can get the same job as local uni students. tell that to those in FAANG, IB, BB, govt sector and they will have a good laugh

Unregistered 20-05-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218366)

I have seen private uni's curriculum (if you can even call it that), they are really basic and fcking easy. I think even poly kids learn more in depth stuff than private uni.

Ya you take 2 years to graduate cos you are not learning anything of substance, learning fluff is not going to help u in your future jobs.

and pls dun say private uni can get the same job as local uni students. tell that to those in FAANG, IB, BB, govt sector and they will have a good laugh

Oh dear, yea i regret not working hard enough to go to a local uni but then character development is the most important when u’re out at work. What if ur supervisor comes from a private uni, are you gg to say the same about him/her? :) despite not being capable of landing a place in local uni, everyone has their own strengths. Good for u, having the calibre to place in a local uni i think def smth u shld be proud of. If u represent a certain uni, local or private, it reflects alot about u lashing out at other uni grads online. OK anw i came here to ask if i shld accept a job of 5k or wait for other offers not too sure about market rate for uol grads now!

Unregistered 20-05-2022 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218366)

HAHAHAH cope harder bro , if so easy and basic why still got people fail ?? LOOOL poly kids learn more ? their starting pay 1.8k LOOOOOL

2 year to graduate cos fast-tracked lol in local uni u learn ******** irrelevant nonsense and pay high school fees like a dumbhead

yayaya FAANG IB, BB blah blah , only the best in local unis can go in LOL the mediocre / average ones are the same as private unis . cope harder bro no point talking about local uni grads who are average

Unregistered 20-05-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218370)
HAHAHAH cope harder bro , if so easy and basic why still got people fail ?? LOOOL poly kids learn more ? their starting pay 1.8k LOOOOOL

2 year to graduate cos fast-tracked lol in local uni u learn ******** irrelevant nonsense and pay high school fees like a dumbhead

yayaya FAANG IB, BB blah blah , only the best in local unis can go in LOL the mediocre / average ones are the same as private unis . cope harder bro no point talking about local uni grads who are average

HAHAHAHAH, you mean got people fail private uni? So easy still can fail, really disgrace to family and ancestor sia.

Yea u are right that only the top tier local uni grads go FAANG etc but even the ‘top tier’ in private uni cannot get in (unless of course u are ok with being a cleaner there).

And if you truly believe mediocre private uni students are equivalent to mediocre local uni students, I have a bridge to sell you

Unregistered 20-05-2022 12:40 PM

Man why so much hate? I have nothing but respect for these people!

R E S P E C T baby

Unregistered 20-05-2022 01:48 PM

SIM-UOL kids are just dumb, immature and useless to society. Period.

Unregistered 20-05-2022 01:49 PM

So many are still drawn to Faang when Amazon, Neflix and Facebook are currently in regression mode. There are other sectors worth exploring than this grouping.

Unregistered 20-05-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218380)

100% agree, respect!!!

Unregistered 20-05-2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218381)
So many are still drawn to Faang when Amazon, Neflix and Facebook are currently in regression mode. There are other sectors worth exploring than this grouping.

Agreed!!!! Local uni kids so dumb even sim grads know FAANG is washed

Unregistered 20-05-2022 02:34 PM

Respect for being born

Unregistered 20-05-2022 03:56 PM

Ok I just came here to find out the starting pay for UOL grads now, what is worth accepting an offer? and what are the pay range now? I got offered 2 jobs with about the same pay range.

Unregistered 20-05-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218396)
Ok I just came here to find out the starting pay for UOL grads now, what is worth accepting an offer? and what are the pay range now? I got offered 2 jobs with about the same pay range.

SIM-UOL grads are very highly sought after. Average pay range is about 8k starting salary, please don't get lowballed by those companies offering 2.5k only. All the best :D

Unregistered 20-05-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218407)
SIM-UOL grads are very highly sought after. Average pay range is about 8k starting salary, please don't get lowballed by those companies offering 2.5k only. All the best :D

Tks for your contribution. At least the name University of London sounds grand and nice. Some employers may be impressed by the high sounding name.

Unregistered 20-05-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218407)

Agree with this. Let's not allow employers to lowball us just because we are from SIM-UOL. We deserve at least 10k starting salary!!!

Unregistered 20-05-2022 06:26 PM

Imagine getting so butthurt over a few trolls that you start spamming nonsense and replying to yourself. Jialat, cope harder boy boy, I hope you sleep well at night browsing this forum lol

Unregistered 20-05-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218380)

Agree. I suggest for all SIM students to carry a plant around with them at all times.

So the plant can replace the oxygen they wasted by existing. Absolutely useless and zero contribution to society.

I honestly think ITE students deserve more respect than those private uni people cosplaying as uni students

Unregistered 20-05-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218418)
Agree with this. Let's not allow employers to lowball us just because we are from SIM-UOL. We deserve at least 10k starting salary!!!

I have recently gotten multiple offers around the range of 10-12k as a fresh grad with my UOL cert :)

Unregistered 20-05-2022 11:58 PM

eh i everyday study until 2am and get second class hnours of course i deserve at least 4k starting pay

Unregistered 21-05-2022 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218429)
I have recently gotten multiple offers around the range of 10-12k as a fresh grad with my UOL cert :)

Really Respect bro! Shows that anything is possible for us private uni students

Unregistered 21-05-2022 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218354)

Ya ikr, really respect to us private uni kids for not being blindsided to this local uni scam

Unregistered 21-05-2022 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218429)

I had a 3.5k/month job and after finishing my studies at SIM-UOL, I managed to be promoted to a Director immediately and I am now drawing 18k/month at JP Morgan.

Unregistered 21-05-2022 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218350)
lol, even ITE students better than private uni, I know some ITE students that are really innovative and hardworking. They really work hard to go poly and eventually local uni or they have their own successful business.

To me, private uni students are just cosplaying as uni students. No substance all fluff, and then u have these crazy fckers over here thinking private uni is some big fck.

Might as well take that cert and wipe your ass. I think even toilet paper worth more than your private uni degree.

I would rather hire ITE graduates than SIM-UOL graduates, because at least ITE graduates know they alr F up and they need to work their way up from the bottom

SIM-UOL? Please la, stop pretending to be uni students and get an actual competitive degree. I rather take those degree mills lmao