Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 14-05-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217562)
Interested in a front office banking role. Currently in the school's investment club as a trading analyst but the job hunt has not been smooth at all

What front office banking role? That is so broad.

You are from SIM INC right, go to LinkedIn and see how many people before you in the club made it to good front office roles.

Be realistic and look beyond joining banks. And to job hunt for front office roles during a market downturn... all the best to you.

Unregistered 14-05-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217824)
Exactly, i am a SIM grad too but no face to tell people that. This crazy fcker going SIM and earning 3.4k is such a glorious thing.

If anything, you are a disgrace to your parents and should be ashamed to face your ancestors for going SIM.

Used to respect this dude but now seeing how immature and childish he is by praising himself, nah that's a typically SIM loser haha.

Unregistered 14-05-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217826)
What front office banking role? That is so broad.

You are from SIM INC right, go to LinkedIn and see how many people before you in the club made it to good front office roles.

Be realistic and look beyond joining banks. And to job hunt for front office roles during a market downturn... all the best to you.

Now is a pretty bad time to job hunt for fresh grads. No one willing to hire, mass pool of people applying after their SG traineeship ends. GGWP.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217851)
Now is a pretty bad time to job hunt for fresh grads. No one willing to hire, mass pool of people applying after their SG traineeship ends. GGWP.

honestly, this guy is just tryna spread FUD lmao. Not sure what job market you are referring to when you say no one willing to hire, its a massive boom for now. You are perhaps looking in the wrong industry. Received 3 offers before i even graduated. (For context, local uni - landed offers in tech)

Unregistered 15-05-2022 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217870)
honestly, this guy is just tryna spread FUD lmao. Not sure what job market you are referring to when you say no one willing to hire, its a massive boom for now. You are perhaps looking in the wrong industry. Received 3 offers before i even graduated. (For context, local uni - landed offers in tech)

i can kinda see what that dude is saying. he's probably looking at very traditional sectors like banking or consulting where hc have been trimmed for 2022 due to over-hiring in 2021. of course sectors like tech, which is booming, graduate will never have any problems finding jobs.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217872)
i can kinda see what that dude is saying. he's probably looking at very traditional sectors like banking or consulting where hc have been trimmed for 2022 due to over-hiring in 2021. of course sectors like tech, which is booming, graduate will never have any problems finding jobs.

Makes sense, good point. Just smth about the generalization of the state of the job market gets me lol. FReSh GrAdS caNT fiND joBs or smth

Unregistered 15-05-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217870)

hes fking referring to the banking sector bro what the fk can u read?

Unregistered 15-05-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217029)
Am from SIM. NUS FASS and NTU ADM got give me offer, but screw arts. So I went to SIM do comp sci. Just graduated last year, knn a lot of dumb idiots and slackers. All copied assignments(Which is normal) and even cheated in exams during covid. Parents sponsored them to study in private but all acting and taking **** for granted. (think is normal too but wtf)

Next step: Join insurance. Suddenly all these dumb idiots become financial experts/gurus. Cant even solve basic math/codes and now can talk about compound interest and different risks formulas and theories... no thank you. Project meeting 11am all can late by hours, but insurance accountability check at 8am in office all can suddenly do it. ./.

Why insurance? cos these ppl are just lazy to work hard in corporate world earning <3.2k or even lower after getting free sponsored by daddy/mummy. Insurance entry level low and if thick skin u can 'make' a lot. So majority join. Don't even get me started on NUS kids in AAG, might as well give me the slot in NUS.

My parents did not pay a single cent for my uni at all. I think my dad is some govt sector AC or DC rank and my mum is a senior manager in DBS. Both told me young that time they settled their uni loans themselves, so now want me to go through the 'suffering' ok lor i sucked thumb. So during uni i worked part time (waiter, tuition, safe-entry, which was the best cos I can sit down zuo bo at ulu area like NLB carpark and study), was juggling between work and school. I made quite a bit, able to settle around 35% of my sch fees. So upon my graduation my parents paid the remaining, saying they just want me to know ' money hard to earn ' yay lol i also got sponsored la but different situations as those idiots.

Now I working liao, take home 3.4k as a software developer. is low but 3.4k I happy liao. 1yr in liao and my performance quite good (i worked 3x as hard as those fresh grads from NUS/NTU), so pay raise incoming by end June. I heard raise to 4k+. yay.

U think all those siao lang lazy idiots will be grinding as hard as me just to get that 'meagre' salary increment? all rather go insurance and grind to get their MDRT ****, and their grind = dm ppl instagram/linkedin or post cringeworthy financial stuff on instagram/facebook.

;'D

i am not OP but this post needs to be bumped more!

respect!

Unregistered 15-05-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217824)
Exactly, i am a SIM grad too but no face to tell people that. This crazy fcker going SIM and earning 3.4k is such a glorious thing.

If anything, you are a disgrace to your parents and should be ashamed to face your ancestors for going SIM.

Imma just say that its while his story is pretty inspiring, all the other numerous comments saying respect and **** is dumb. Like seriously,its prolly him just quoting himself trying to angkat himself. Dont see how there are so many random people saying respect and ****

Unregistered 15-05-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Am from SIM. NUS FASS and NTU ADM got give me offer, but screw arts. So I went to SIM do comp sci. Just graduated last year, knn a lot of dumb idiots and slackers. All copied assignments(Which is normal) and even cheated in exams during covid. Parents sponsored them to study in private but all acting and taking **** for granted. (think is normal too but wtf)

Next step: Join insurance. Suddenly all these dumb idiots become financial experts/gurus. Cant even solve basic math/codes and now can talk about compound interest and different risks formulas and theories... no thank you. Project meeting 11am all can late by hours, but insurance accountability check at 8am in office all can suddenly do it. ./.

Why insurance? cos these ppl are just lazy to work hard in corporate world earning <3.2k or even lower after getting free sponsored by daddy/mummy. Insurance entry level low and if thick skin u can 'make' a lot. So majority join. Don't even get me started on NUS kids in AAG, might as well give me the slot in NUS.

My parents did not pay a single cent for my uni at all. I think my dad is some govt sector AC or DC rank and my mum is a senior manager in DBS. Both told me young that time they settled their uni loans themselves, so now want me to go through the 'suffering' ok lor i sucked thumb. So during uni i worked part time (waiter, tuition, safe-entry, which was the best cos I can sit down zuo bo at ulu area like NLB carpark and study), was juggling between work and school. I made quite a bit, able to settle around 35% of my sch fees. So upon my graduation my parents paid the remaining, saying they just want me to know ' money hard to earn ' yay lol i also got sponsored la but different situations as those idiots.

Now I working liao, take home 3.4k as a software developer. is low but 3.4k I happy liao. 1yr in liao and my performance quite good (i worked 3x as hard as those fresh grads from NUS/NTU), so pay raise incoming by end June. I heard raise to 4k+. yay.

U think all those siao lang lazy idiots will be grinding as hard as me just to get that 'meagre' salary increment? all rather go insurance and grind to get their MDRT ****, and their grind = dm ppl instagram/linkedin or post cringeworthy financial stuff on instagram/facebook.

;'D

bro ignore the siao lang idiots on here hating on you, you are a inspiration bro! ;D haters gonna hate!

Unregistered 15-05-2022 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217872)

Very good point.

I'm in the banking industry and what I have noticed is that hiring for fresh grads in 2022 have been scaled down by ALOT compared to other years. Yes, one reason is due to over hiring in 2021 but most banks are also trying to hire experienced candidates for junior roles. Entry level analyst roles now requires 2 years of experience but there is still a strong pool of applicants willing to jump from other industries/BO and many of those who have accumulated some experience from internships of traineeships.

While I agree fresh graduates are finding it tough to land GOOD jobs only, fresh grads also need to start looking at other sectors that are thriving and make the switch. Banking is lucrative but isn't the trend nowadays.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

;'D

very inspiring story, also congrats for having ur story featured on reddit.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217921)
Very good point.

I'm in the banking industry and what I have noticed is that hiring for fresh grads in 2022 have been scaled down by ALOT compared to other years. Yes, one reason is due to over hiring in 2021 but most banks are also trying to hire experienced candidates for junior roles. Entry level analyst roles now requires 2 years of experience but there is still a strong pool of applicants willing to jump from other industries/BO and many of those who have accumulated some experience from internships of traineeships.

While I agree fresh graduates are finding it tough to land GOOD jobs only, fresh grads also need to start looking at other sectors that are thriving and make the switch. Banking is lucrative but isn't the trend nowadays.

Yes, this is actually happening but most people do not see that because of the sheer number of jobs being flooded in the market. But most of these jobs are not the ideal jobs that fresh grads are looking for.

Unregistered 16-05-2022 12:26 AM

The entire thread feels like it's just a few jelly salty local uni guys that refuse to believe that there are uol grads that earn more than them, and a few other low self-esteem uol grads who need validation replying to each other.

Unregistered 16-05-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

;'D

respect x10000 much respect bro!

Unregistered 16-05-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217966)

Eh? boy boy wad happen? may i have hot yoga session wif ur mom? i will show your mama da advance yoga moves in da bedroom ok? i will bend ur mama, make her more flexible

Unregistered 16-05-2022 01:59 PM

Trying to provide genuine and realistic guidance to private grads. Assuming you have a pleasant personality and the willingness to put in extended hours these are the suitable options to consider:

1. Direct sales representing a company dealing with capital equipment.

2. Personal Banking

3. Insurance Agent

4. Property Agent.

Frankly the above suggestions can provide one with the opportunities to level up with the local grad counterparts. Even if one is just surviving, he/she can still earn a decent living and comfortably service the hdb housing loan.

Unregistered 16-05-2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217971)
Eh? boy boy wad happen? may i have hot yoga session wif ur mom? i will show your mama da advance yoga moves in da bedroom ok? i will bend ur mama, make her more flexible

Fking hilarious, I'm imagining some ugly fat face typical sinkie tourist retard who goes around the world speaking Singlish thinking it's cool when in reality you just sound like a bumfk retard who dropped out of secondary school.

Unregistered 16-05-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217980)
Fking hilarious, I'm imagining some ugly fat face typical sinkie tourist retard who goes around the world speaking Singlish thinking it's cool when in reality you just sound like a bumfk retard who dropped out of secondary school.

Unregistered 16-05-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217971)

siaolang, ur mama should haf swallowed u bro waste of oxygen

Unregistered 16-05-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217997)
siaolang, ur mama should haf swallowed u bro waste of oxygen

alamak boi boi wad happen again? can i drink ur mamma bobba milk anot? i wan bite da nipple, extract da milk. also i wan play da drumbeats wif her buttocks, can or cannot?

Unregistered 16-05-2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

;'D

3.4k is insanely low lol wtf are these "respect" ******** for? you cured cancer or something?

Unregistered 16-05-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

;'D

WOW respect. You could have gone local uni but chose the harder way.

Unregistered 16-05-2022 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217998)
alamak boi boi wad happen again? can i drink ur mamma bobba milk anot? i wan bite da nipple, extract da milk. also i wan play da drumbeats wif her buttocks, can or cannot?

wow SIM UOL kids are so immature, no wonder end up as FA scamming people

Unregistered 16-05-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218006)

I am the OP, thanks for all your respect. Life update: i have just been fired and am joining my SIM classmates to do grab fulltime, wish me luck!

Unregistered 16-05-2022 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218014)
I am the OP, thanks for all your respect. Life update: i have just been fired and am joining my SIM classmates to do grab fulltime, wish me luck!

further update: grab has rejected my application :( will be joining AAG as a FA soon! let me know if you need me to manage your wealth :))))

Unregistered 16-05-2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218006)

Man chose the harder way also wanna respect LOL, knn if I can drive but I choose to take MRT you wanna respect me also? comp sci 3.4k even lower than mean salary of FASS and ADM LMAO

Unregistered 17-05-2022 10:39 PM

I’m studying computer science now in one of the private units, is it possible to make it to faang level of companies?

Unregistered 17-05-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow everyone cheated in SIM but you, respect for resisting the urge!

Unregistered 17-05-2022 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218105)
I’m studying computer science now in one of the private units, is it possible to make it to faang level of companies?

yes. in your dreams.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218113)
yes. in your dreams.

LMAOOO, but in all seriousness, Hard to make it to faang level when the local uni people cant even make it themselves

Unregistered 18-05-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218105)

yeah sure. FAANG companies all need cleaners for their offices anyway.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 09:21 PM

After seeing all the fake posts on this thread, I decided to share my SIM/career story. Up to you if you want to believe or not.

Came from a low-income family. Mum was a cleaner and dad did odd-jobs on top of his full-time work as a technician to support the family. Didn't study very hard when I was in Poly but due to the part-time jobs that I took up, one of them just so happen to be relevant enough that I got a job in ST about 3 years after I finished NS with the starting pay of 1800. Studied part-time uniSIM/UOW while working at ST and I can affirm what a previous poster said about private uni students being so dumb as to submit the paper that they copied with the original student's name attached. Happened to my classmate and he from an A grade drop to just pass. My UOW grades wasn't great either so I ended up working in ST for close to 10 years before I decided to rage quit. My final pay before quitting was just 3400 despite my long service.

Things started looking up for me after quitting ST though. By some miracle and partially because of the niche projects I was involved in (what kind of projects, those who know will know), I applied successfully for a gov job with a starting pay close to double my previous pay. I worked hard, proved myself and 3 years later, I now earn enough to meet the requirement for a metal credit card.

At this point, many of you will be screaming ******** but if I want to big cannon fairy, I can always claim to aim 14K- 20k a month. Just know that SIM doesn't mean you will forever be a grab driver and that experienced > qualifications.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218204)
After seeing all the fake posts on this thread, I decided to share my SIM/career story. Up to you if you want to believe or not.

Came from a low-income family. Mum was a cleaner and dad did odd-jobs on top of his full-time work as a technician to support the family. Didn't study very hard when I was in Poly but due to the part-time jobs that I took up, one of them just so happen to be relevant enough that I got a job in ST about 3 years after I finished NS with the starting pay of 1800. Studied part-time uniSIM/UOW while working at ST and I can affirm what a previous poster said about private uni students being so dumb as to submit the paper that they copied with the original student's name attached. Happened to my classmate and he from an A grade drop to just pass. My UOW grades wasn't great either so I ended up working in ST for close to 10 years before I decided to rage quit. My final pay before quitting was just 3400 despite my long service.

Things started looking up for me after quitting ST though. By some miracle and partially because of the niche projects I was involved in (what kind of projects, those who know will know), I applied successfully for a gov job with a starting pay close to double my previous pay. I worked hard, proved myself and 3 years later, I now earn enough to meet the requirement for a metal credit card.

At this point, many of you will be screaming ******** but if I want to big cannon fairy, I can always claim to aim 14K- 20k a month. Just know that SIM doesn't mean you will forever be a grab driver and that experienced > qualifications.

wow respect!

You could have lied but you told the truth, respect x1000!

Unregistered 18-05-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Wa bro, you got 2 sets of parents ah? Previously you say your dad is some govt sector AC or DC rank and your mum is a senior manager in DBS. Now your mum is a cleaner and your dad is a technician?

Or your mum is a senior manager for cleaners in DBS?

Unregistered 18-05-2022 10:40 PM

different person, different story lah bodoh

Unregistered 18-05-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

omfg i have a similar story!!!! after 20 years i was still earning 2.6k and then i jumped out, went to jp morgan, work really hard, and now i'm earning 26k per month! love how my SIM degree helped me so much in this journey :')))))

Unregistered 18-05-2022 11:18 PM

Yes can work in FAANG. The G stands for Grab

Unregistered 19-05-2022 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218225)
Yes can work in FAANG. The G stands for Grab

F stands for Foodpanda

Unregistered 19-05-2022 04:05 PM

Quote:

respect!!!!!!!!