Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 03-06-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172366)
Keep your jiayou to yourself, you need it. Anyway I recommend you to print the links out paste as wallpaper in your room. Give yourself a goal.

4 years local uni, 2.5k traineeship. Really jy leh hor HAHAHA

Yup, jy mate HAHAHA 😂

Unregistered 03-06-2021 04:45 PM

Pang chance to the poor nus kid lah. Already toned down from constant self replying to 1 to 2 posts a day cuz you keep calling him trainee here trainee thr.

Unregistered 03-06-2021 07:02 PM

wa SIM UOL kids all nothing do one so relax. so good !! go do grabfood lei!!

Unregistered 03-06-2021 07:06 PM

Shhhh, why you impersonate until so cui one? 😂 Ppl waiting to start grad program dey, you think everyone like you have to immediately slave off at a traineeship ah?

4 years local uni, 2.5k NUS Trainee. Pui. :)

Unregistered 04-06-2021 03:44 AM

How are the exit opportunities after Uni?

Unregistered 04-06-2021 04:06 AM

Around 2.7 to 3k for fresh grad.

Unregistered 04-06-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172374)
Pang chance to the poor nus kid lah. Already toned down from constant self replying to 1 to 2 posts a day cuz you keep calling him trainee here trainee thr.

Wrong meh? Not called trainee then call what? 2.5k ‘Talent’ ah? 🤣

Unregistered 05-06-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172366)
LOL came here cause I was curious how the SIM-UOL people are doing. I think the level of intelligence in this thread speaks for itself. Good luck out there guys you'll need it.

Not called trainee call what? “2.5k NUS Talent”? 😂

Unregistered 08-06-2021 09:11 AM

Can try this path: grad into big4 then work 5 years in the industry to get 4.8k/mo. Then lateral into banks front office for 7k. After grad, only skills matter

Unregistered 10-06-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173013)
Can try this path: grad into big4 then work 5 years in the industry to get 4.8k/mo. Then lateral into banks front office for 7k. After grad, only skills matter

Which role/area of FO banking can someone with 5 years of big4 experience go into? thanks!

Unregistered 12-06-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173410)
Which role/area of FO banking can someone with 5 years of big4 experience go into? thanks!

do u have CFA?

Unregistered 16-06-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173410)

Sure. U Can lateral into F'UCK OFF banking.

Unregistered 16-06-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174410)
Sure. U Can lateral into F'UCK OFF banking.

NUS Trainee spotted.

Unregistered 05-07-2021 12:01 AM

Just a quick update guys. Graduated from sim uol. Now working in sales role earning 7k-10k a month. I dont see many local uni people my age earning as much as me truth be told. I also looked at my ex sec sch classmates that went to nus or ntu and they are working in pathetic roles or still jobless. Lol.

Unregistered 05-07-2021 01:12 PM

No disrespect, you must to be good at what you do to earn so much but it's a sales role after all.
So technically anyone that can "sell" well would be able to earn alot from commissions be it a sim-uol grad, nus/ntu grad or even a diploma holder. It is a great way to earn big bucks but there are some people that aren't open to the idea of doing sales or they just can't talk/convince well.

I think the purpose of this thread is to find out how open employers are willing to offer and pay a SIM-UOL grad a good starting salary as compared to the big 3.

Unregistered 05-07-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176895)
No disrespect, you must to be good at what you do to earn so much but it's a sales role after all.
So technically anyone that can "sell" well would be able to earn alot from commissions be it a sim-uol grad, nus/ntu grad or even a diploma holder. It is a great way to earn big bucks but there are some people that aren't open to the idea of doing sales or they just can't talk/convince well.

I think the purpose of this thread is to find out how open employers are willing to offer and pay a SIM-UOL grad a good starting salary as compared to the big 3.

brother at the end of the day every job requires you to be a good salesman. u go interview u also have to sell to the interviewer why they should hire you.

if ur expecting to land a cushy non-sales role and farm salary, dont expect high salary and dont expect to be able to compare much with others

Unregistered 05-07-2021 02:26 PM

^add on above: unless u have very specific in-demand skills e.g software engineering or u are from ivy league(talking about harvard, wharton etc here)

For NUS NTU to tell u truth ang mohs don't even know about these unis and think they are some random china uni. And u know how ang mohs have impression of china la. They still think china is a sh1thole. So legitimately i think if u tell them ur from university of london or rmit they may even recognize it more lmao

^above is my experience when chatting with some ang mohs working in MNCs as well as hearing experience from my cousins who have worked in MNCs, software engineering role.

Unregistered 05-07-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176895)

Nowadays, not difficult for any priv grad to enter Big4. i was from private now go back to government and competing with scholars. - tech industry

Unregistered 06-07-2021 02:48 PM

just talked to some of my JC mates who went to NUS or NTU. now still jobless and some resorting to 2k traineship. LOL fking funny but of course i just act act abit say "all the best for ur career!"

Unregistered 07-07-2021 11:28 AM

Graduated from SIM-UOL, now insurance agent working for 3 years already. Minimally bring in 10k/month, average about 25k. Last time so many of my peers all go NUS/NTU/SMU, all laugh and mock me. But I'm now easily ahead of them as they earn what 5k/6k per month after working 2-3 years. Education is not everything

Unregistered 07-07-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177143)
Graduated from SIM-UOL, now insurance agent working for 3 years already. Minimally bring in 10k/month, average about 25k. Last time so many of my peers all go NUS/NTU/SMU, all laugh and mock me. But I'm now easily ahead of them as they earn what 5k/6k per month after working 2-3 years. Education is not everything

Then don need to take SIM UOL to be an insurance agent.

I see many agents work round the clock always pushing for sales. You have many other expenses as well.

Nothing wrong with this so long you are happy. Rather work 30hrs per week taking 5K per month.

Money is also not everything.

Unregistered 07-07-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177143)

You are in the wrong forum. There should be an insurance agent forum for you to compare your sales haha

Unregistered 07-07-2021 12:25 PM

im from sim-uol not insurance agent but earning more than my local uni peers.

my experience with local uni people is that they are very rigid-minded, narrow view of the world, not globally-inclined, scared of this scared of that aka risk-averse, like to focus on childish things like mobile games, korean dramas, bubble tea and cafes.

Unregistered 07-07-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177154)
im from sim-uol not insurance agent but earning more than my local uni peers.

my experience with local uni people is that they are very rigid-minded, narrow view of the world, not globally-inclined, scared of this scared of that aka risk-averse, like to focus on childish things like mobile games, korean dramas, bubble tea and cafes.

How much u earn starting? What line of job you in that employs nutheads like yourself from SIM distance learning rather than someone who graduated from a proper university?

Unregistered 07-07-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177157)
How much u earn starting? What line of job you in that employs nutheads like yourself from SIM distance learning rather than someone who graduated from a proper university?

Im currently earning 5k per month. Im an account manager for a large MNC

Uol is a proper university and better than NUS sexual deviants and peeping toms or immature orientation sex camps and hostel sex games. Or how nuswhispers literally is just spammed with confessions about sex and relationships all day long

Unregistered 07-07-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177157)

Account manager at mnc, 5k per month

How abt u? Nus traineeship? Haha

Unregistered 07-07-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177161)

U think everyone from nus on traineeship? Limpeh not afraid to admit i started with 4k salary, local uni. That was 5 years ago. Now earning 13k.
一山更比一山高. You think u sibeh satki with your 5k, nowadays fresh local uni grads some earn more some earn less. But most of them especially in tech would have started close to 6k by now. Dont need to look down on local uni grads. Your account manager role you think local uni grad too stuck up cannot get into it?

We are all just earning our ricebowl right? _|_

Unregistered 07-07-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177161)

5k only? work how long already? anything >2 years is quite sad haha

Unregistered 07-07-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177029)
just talked to some of my JC mates who went to NUS or NTU. now still jobless and some resorting to 2k traineship. LOL fking funny but of course i just act act abit say "all the best for ur career!"

Seems like Mr Wang is back impersonating siol. Still doing 2.5k traineeship ah? Why need to crave for attention until like that? Really poor thing :(

Did you try to ask NUS career office why you still a trainee need to resort to salary.sg stalking?

Unregistered 07-07-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177146)
Then don need to take SIM UOL to be an insurance agent.

I see many agents work round the clock always pushing for sales. You have many other expenses as well.

Nothing wrong with this so long you are happy. Rather work 30hrs per week taking 5K per month.

Money is also not everything.

dont so salty leh NUS trainee. just cause i earn min. 10k plus benefits and u earn 2.5k only. come i paylah some money.

and don't kid yourself la, what money is not everything. people who say that are already comfortable in life, don't have to worry about going over budget, can eat whatever they want without worrying.

Unregistered 07-07-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177171)
5k only? work how long already? anything >2 years is quite sad haha

yeah so sad man :( jobless NUS kia sitting at home leeching from parents is better than me. :(

Unregistered 07-07-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177178)
dont so salty leh NUS trainee. just cause i earn min. 10k plus benefits and u earn 2.5k only. come i paylah some money.

and don't kid yourself la, what money is not everything. people who say that are already comfortable in life, don't have to worry about going over budget, can eat whatever they want without worrying.

LOL fking agreed with u my man. I'm the SIM-UOL poster in sales role. I find it funny how at first these local uni chumps like to compare salary compare this compare that, then when they lose in terms of salary already they like to say "aiya my job pay lesser nvm at least is more slack"

aiyo sibei low class sia people like me or secretlab ian ang, we make our riches when we are young and we can choose to retire in our 30s and do whatever we want already. meanwhile these local uni grads still working in their traineeship. LOL

Unregistered 07-07-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177181)
yeah so sad man :( jobless NUS kia sitting at home leeching from parents is better than me. :(

Actually 5k really quite low bro. Plus you've probably been working for several years to be acc manager. I came out fresh grad already drawing 6k as SWE.

But it's okay. Life is not a competition!

Unregistered 07-07-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177187)
Actually 5k really quite low bro. Plus you've probably been working for several years to be acc manager. I came out fresh grad already drawing 6k as SWE.

But it's okay. Life is not a competition!

yea 5k is really low agreed with u

yes in salary.sg forums and edmw everyone is a CS major, everyone comes out as SWE and works in FAANG or other big tech firms, everyone gets 6k as fresh grad.

but still better than bbfa NUS kia sitting at home and fantasizing about salary

Unregistered 07-07-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177188)
yea 5k is really low agreed with u

yes in salary.sg forums and edmw everyone is a CS major, everyone comes out as SWE and works in FAANG or other big tech firms, everyone gets 6k as fresh grad.

but still better than bbfa NUS kia sitting at home and fantasizing about salary

Damn bro you really are delusional and salty. I thought NUS trainees were bad but at least their mindset still okay. Yours really no hope. Maybe by more FDs on meme stocks, got chance to retire.

Unregistered 07-07-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177190)
Damn bro you really are delusional and salty. I thought NUS trainees were bad but at least their mindset still okay. Yours really no hope. Maybe by more FDs on meme stocks, got chance to retire.

i made 500k on meme stocks actually. i dont work for money, i work for fun. understand that peasant?

Unregistered 07-07-2021 05:56 PM

How come so many people from SIM put LSE on LinkedIn? Can meh?

Unregistered 07-07-2021 06:13 PM

Mr Wang self-replying again, you love to see it.

Cry.

Unregistered 07-07-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177178)

Totally miss the point leh you.

Unregistered 07-07-2021 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177182)
LOL fking agreed with u my man. I'm the SIM-UOL poster in sales role. I find it funny how at first these local uni chumps like to compare salary compare this compare that, then when they lose in terms of salary already they like to say "aiya my job pay lesser nvm at least is more slack"

aiyo sibei low class sia people like me or secretlab ian ang, we make our riches when we are young and we can choose to retire in our 30s and do whatever we want already. meanwhile these local uni grads still working in their traineeship. LOL

Nothing to lose or win becos there will always be people earning more than you.