Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 13-12-2022 11:13 PM

How’s the market for SIM UOL grads these days?

How about those from RMIT, is it the same?

Unregistered 14-12-2022 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237035)
How’s the market for SIM UOL grads these days?

How about those from RMIT, is it the same?

$3- $3.5k.

Unregistered 15-02-2023 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237066)
$3- $3.5k.

With current inflation and prices, I would honestly have to say SIM grad wages have barely budged, even shrunk in some cases.

My fellow SIM UOL/RMIT peers in their first jobs 10 years ago were averaging between 2.6K to 3.2K per month.

Do not be disheartened when you see statistics of 4K'ish starting salaries of NUS/NTU/SMU graduates. There are plenty of local grads starting at mid-3K or lower than most care to admit.

From personal experience, the "Private U" label wears off after 2-3 years of paying your dues. With a timely move and reasonable negotiating skills, your wage should be on par with any local graduates, if not better, assuming private sector employers.

3 years in, your qualities and highlights should take centre stage of the hiring's attention. Your paper by now is simply a checkbox for HR to tick on a checklist.

If that is not the case, my advice would be to sit down with your bosses and relook at your current scope, responsibilities and growth trajectory.

Unregistered 08-03-2023 08:15 PM

Don't worry guys, uol and rmit ranking is higher than local uni like smu. We can do it.

Unregistered 08-03-2023 08:50 PM

sim uol 4.5k ey risk advisory

Unregistered 09-03-2023 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241847)
Don't worry guys, uol and rmit ranking is higher than local uni like smu. We can do it.

a little sad if you really think UOL and RMIT is of better value than SMU

Unregistered 10-03-2023 03:40 PM

For private uni grads, easiest way to break above 4k starting is to do a tech related career. Even so, local u grads in tech will still command higher pay, normally 10-15% more. This is very common in GLCs where there is more overt pay discrimination

Unregistered 11-03-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

smu talk only, also cmi.

Unregistered 11-03-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241977)
a little sad if you really think UOL and RMIT is of better value than SMU

quite sad for smu. yeah. Their GES, only graduates know if it's accurate.

Unregistered 12-03-2023 09:21 PM

Quote:

smu useless 1, u go overseas. u tell them about smu, they would say they have never heard of it before. u tell them u are from uol, straight away get interview already.

Unregistered 13-03-2023 06:13 PM

generally for uol/rmit most start at 2.8.

but some can command up to 3.5k and above for starting, really depends on how you negotiate and what jobs u apply for.

personally, feel that those that get below 3k are always those that do not know their self-worth and are just happy with a job, which forms the majority of the pte uni population.

Unregistered 15-03-2023 01:50 PM

10k like that NUS girl said. :D

Unregistered 16-03-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242428)
10k like that NUS girl said. :D

She's doing only fans, which is totally reasonable expectations. Sg has a lot of simps.

Unregistered 16-03-2023 11:14 PM

local degree worth S700 usd nia, spend 4 years snitching on coursemates just to get pwn by ceca and fake degrees

Unregistered 17-03-2023 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242658)
local degree worth S700 usd nia, spend 4 years snitching on coursemates just to get pwn by ceca and fake degrees

bro this is not edmw. local degree can land iron rice bowl with 6 mths bonus. private degree mostly earning pay ard poly holders' level.

Unregistered 17-03-2023 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242669)
bro this is not edmw. local degree can land iron rice bowl with 6 mths bonus. private degree mostly earning pay ard poly holders' level.

Agreed lol pri uni kids coping hard thinking there's no diff between local and priv degree.

Unregistered 17-03-2023 03:52 PM

Are the local uni grads on this thread really so out of touch with reality or are they just so miserable about their unremarkable 3.5k starting that they come here to mock private uni grads to feel better about themselves?

It's not about local or private. it's about being in the right industry, and having the soft and hard skills to succeed. My starting was 5.5k, UOL. Graduated last year.

Private uni grads please don't kumgong believe everything you read online. Alot of people here are just miserable about themselves so they post garbage to drag others down as well. Put in the work and you will do equally well or even better than local grads

Unregistered 17-03-2023 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242748)
Are the local uni grads on this thread really so out of touch with reality or are they just so miserable about their unremarkable 3.5k starting that they come here to mock private uni grads to feel better about themselves?

It's not about local or private. it's about being in the right industry, and having the soft and hard skills to succeed. My starting was 5.5k, UOL. Graduated last year.

Private uni grads please don't kumgong believe everything you read online. Alot of people here are just miserable about themselves so they post garbage to drag others down as well. Put in the work and you will do equally well or even better than local grads

Not really, GES survey for private uni say otherwise with majority of their salary medians being below 3k while local unis have majority above 3k.

blah blah, data doesn't lie. You expect people to take your post, from some nobody over actual GES surveys?

Unregistered 17-03-2023 05:06 PM

work how long alr still compare which uni, smlj you dont have your own name/business meh?

Unregistered 17-03-2023 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242754)
Not really, GES survey for private uni say otherwise with majority of their salary medians being below 3k while local unis have majority above 3k.

Kumgong blah blah, data doesn't lie. You expect people to take your post, from some nobody over actual GES surveys? you're retarded.

No offense but the guy was trying to spread some positivity and here you are sucking off the GES like some dog LOLOL. Do you srsly think there's no bias in this kind of surveys? If this is the depth of your critical thinking then it's really sad

Unregistered 17-03-2023 05:31 PM

Quote:

blah blah, data doesn't lie. You expect people to take your post, from some nobody over actual GES surveys?

You literally proved what he said hahahahhaha probably a bitter local u grad earning less than your peers so trying to feel better by putting others down here

Unregistered 17-03-2023 05:33 PM

You know you're a grade A when you reply to my post twice pretending to be different people.

private uni in a nutshell.

Unregistered 17-03-2023 05:47 PM

Quote:

Who is even using 3k as a benchmark? Freshies everywhere are easily drawing >4k now.

Unregistered 17-03-2023 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242766)
You know you're a grade A when you reply to my post twice pretending to be different people.

lol bro havin a hard time copin just bc someone from private u earning more than him

Unregistered 17-03-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

ahahahaha salty LOLOL no one here agree with you sia LOL

Unregistered 17-03-2023 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242792)
ahahahah salty LOLOL no one here agree with you sia LOL

Haha agreed.

That guy is a loser. local uni grad probably earning peanuts.

Unregistered 17-03-2023 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242792)
ahahahah salty LOLOL no one here agree with you sia LOL

+1

come here talk cock ges survey lanjiao la i can anyhow say i earn 100k also lmao no wonder kenna whacked by everyone here

Unregistered 17-03-2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242788)
lol bro havin a hard time copin just bc someone from private u earning more than him

So true, that guy is just copin hard

Unregistered 17-03-2023 09:12 PM

Just pwn my private uni colleague by giving feedback about his work to my seniors, feeling sibei song hahahah

Unregistered 17-03-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

No offense but no one here agreeing with you LOLOL. 6 people all disagree with you, so sad

Unregistered 17-03-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242798)
Just pwn my private uni colleague by giving feedback about his work to my seniors, feeling sibei song hahahah

k (10 chars)

Unregistered 18-03-2023 02:20 PM

Quote:

you reply to my post twice pretending to be different people.

private uni slack in early stage of life.

Unregistered 20-03-2023 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242942)
private uni slack in early stage of life.

From this thread it seems that most private uni people work in HFT or High Finance with starting pay of 5 digits a month.

Unregistered 20-03-2023 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242794)
+1

i can anyhow say i earn 100k also

?

s://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/SA1973

A person who —
(a) wilfully refuses or without lawful excuse (the burden of proof of which lies on the person) neglects to furnish the particulars or information required by a requisition within the time allowed for furnishing them or to furnish them in the form specified or prescribed, or to authenticate them in the prescribed manner, or to deliver them at the place or in the manner specified or prescribed for their delivery;
(b) wilfully furnishes or causes to be furnished any false particulars or information in respect of any matter specified in the requisition requiring particulars or information to be furnished; or
(c) refuses to answer, or wilfully gives a false answer to, any question necessary for obtaining any particulars or information required by a requisition to be furnished under this Act,
shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $1,000 and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $100 for every day during which the offence continues after conviction.

good luck telling them you earn 100k a month. also ges surveys are normalized to reduce biasness. i guess they dont teach basic statistics in private unis.

Unregistered 20-03-2023 01:38 PM

Aiya all these surveys not accurate one. You can simply say u earning 6k, and they will take it as it is.

Unregistered 20-03-2023 02:05 PM

from SIM cybersec course here, earning 8.5k after 1 year experience

local uni or private uni doesnt matter, what matters is ur skills.

at the end of the day people care about ur skills and networking, if u are some loser stay at home come browse this forum everyday cry and talk cock, u will confirm be earning 3k for life

keep crying

Unregistered 20-03-2023 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243176)

insane, my man.

Unregistered 24-03-2023 10:19 PM

Quote:

ringgit? no biggie

Unregistered 25-03-2023 08:30 PM

Quote:

Says the same person who come here and act smart. I also come forum brag earn 12.8k after 1 year.

Unregistered 25-03-2023 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243779)
Says the same person who come here and act smart. I also come forum brag earn 12.8k after 1 year.

Agreed.

Private uni students are so ...