Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 08-05-2022 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217029)
Am from SIM. NUS FASS and NTU ADM got give me offer, but screw arts. So I went to SIM do comp sci. Just graduated last year, knn a lot of dumb idiots and slackers. All copied assignments(Which is normal) and even cheated in exams during covid. Parents sponsored them to study in private but all acting and taking **** for granted. (think is normal too but wtf)

Next step: Join insurance. Suddenly all these dumb idiots become financial experts/gurus. Cant even solve basic math/codes and now can talk about compound interest and different risks formulas and theories... no thank you. Project meeting 11am all can late by hours, but insurance accountability check at 8am in office all can suddenly do it. ./.

Why insurance? cos these ppl are just lazy to work hard in corporate world earning <3.2k or even lower after getting free sponsored by daddy/mummy. Insurance entry level low and if thick skin u can 'make' a lot. So majority join. Don't even get me started on NUS kids in AAG, might as well give me the slot in NUS.

My parents did not pay a single cent for my uni at all. I think my dad is some govt sector AC or DC rank and my mum is a senior manager in DBS. Both told me young that time they settled their uni loans themselves, so now want me to go through the 'suffering' ok lor i sucked thumb. So during uni i worked part time (waiter, tuition, safe-entry, which was the best cos I can sit down zuo bo at ulu area like NLB carpark and study), was juggling between work and school. I made quite a bit, able to settle around 35% of my sch fees. So upon my graduation my parents paid the remaining, saying they just want me to know ' money hard to earn ' yay lol i also got sponsored la but different situations as those idiots.

Now I working liao, take home 3.4k as a software developer. is low but 3.4k I happy liao. 1yr in liao and my performance quite good (i worked 3x as hard as those fresh grads from NUS/NTU), so pay raise incoming by end June. I heard raise to 4k+. yay.

U think all those siao lang lazy idiots will be grinding as hard as me just to get that 'meagre' salary increment? all rather go insurance and grind to get their MDRT ****, and their grind = dm ppl instagram/linkedin or post cringeworthy financial stuff on instagram/facebook.

;'D

Respect. Way to climb up, not like some wankers that keeps talking about how their SIM-UOW/UOL degree is the same as the rest from AUs and expect high pay, but unable to produce ****.

Unregistered 09-05-2022 12:00 AM

Quote:

Am from SIM. NUS FASS and NTU ADM got give me offer, but screw arts. So I went to SIM do comp sci. Just graduated last year, knn a lot of dumb idiots and slackers. All copied assignments(Which is normal) and even cheated in exams during covid. Parents sponsored them to study in private but all acting and taking **** for granted. (think is normal too but wtf)

Next step: Join insurance. Suddenly all these dumb idiots become financial experts/gurus. Cant even solve basic math/codes and now can talk about compound interest and different risks formulas and theories... no thank you. Project meeting 11am all can late by hours, but insurance accountability check at 8am in office all can suddenly do it. ./.

Why insurance? cos these ppl are just lazy to work hard in corporate world earning <3.2k or even lower after getting free sponsored by daddy/mummy. Insurance entry level low and if thick skin u can 'make' a lot. So majority join. Don't even get me started on NUS kids in AAG, might as well give me the slot in NUS.

My parents did not pay a single cent for my uni at all. I think my dad is some govt sector AC or DC rank and my mum is a senior manager in DBS. Both told me young that time they settled their uni loans themselves, so now want me to go through the 'suffering' ok lor i sucked thumb. So during uni i worked part time (waiter, tuition, safe-entry, which was the best cos I can sit down zuo bo at ulu area like NLB carpark and study), was juggling between work and school. I made quite a bit, able to settle around 35% of my sch fees. So upon my graduation my parents paid the remaining, saying they just want me to know ' money hard to earn ' yay lol i also got sponsored la but different situations as those idiots.

Now I working liao, take home 3.4k as a software developer. is low but 3.4k I happy liao. 1yr in liao and my performance quite good (i worked 3x as hard as those fresh grads from NUS/NTU), so pay raise incoming by end June. I heard raise to 4k+. yay.

U think all those siao lang lazy idiots will be grinding as hard as me just to get that 'meagre' salary increment? all rather go insurance and grind to get their MDRT ****, and their grind = dm ppl instagram/linkedin or post cringeworthy financial stuff on instagram/facebook.

;'D

wa respect bro!

Unregistered 09-05-2022 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217205)
wa respect bro!

yea, thanks yall. My increment is 400, so now 3.8. Others in my company around 100-200. My boss told me if I continue to perform he will recommend me for programming MSC at NUS. Hope to get it next year.

Luckily I never join FA, doubt FA will even teach me the through definition of ' grinding '

Unregistered 09-05-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217217)

Luckily I never join FA, doubt FA will even teach me the through definition of ' grinding '

Hello, FA grind the hardest. Never see our motivational quotes, shiny watches, big cars that are constantly at workshops, insta vids of our iPad and office at obscene hours.

Unregistered 09-05-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow this guy respect!!! x 100 respect

better than u losers

Unregistered 09-05-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

;'D

omg mad respeck

Unregistered 09-05-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

;'D

u inspire me daddy

Unregistered 09-05-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow bro respect to you man hard working fella

Unregistered 09-05-2022 02:54 PM

you guys gotta give us FA some respect. Pretty sure yall have insurance to help in times of rainy days. What would you do without it, pay 100 of thousands of hospitalisation fees? At the end of the day, we are all salesman in different capacity, front office banking, FAs, salesman at Courts, same same.

Have been in the space for many years, don't know why yall hold bankers to such high esteem but look down on us FAs. We all are literally salesman, just selling different suite of product. In fact, FAs product have higher relevancy to you individuals than wtv the bankers are selling which are corporate in nature.

Unregistered 09-05-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217241)
you guys gotta give us FA some respect. Pretty sure yall have insurance to help in times of rainy days. What would you do without it, pay 100 of thousands of hospitalisation fees? At the end of the day, we are all salesman in different capacity, front office banking, FAs, salesman at Courts, same same.

Have been in the space for many years, don't know why yall hold bankers to such high esteem but look down on us FAs. We all are literally salesman, just selling different suite of product. In fact, FAs product have higher relevancy to you individuals than wtv the bankers are selling which are corporate in nature.

well, it's because of the unethical methods you FAs use to win clients over.

Unregistered 09-05-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Its because they repeatedly farm their friends and relatives and try to sell them like 10+ insurance products, a new one each meeting. At some point you have to ask the rational question: do you really need that many insurance?

Unregistered 09-05-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow repect x1000 respect to this guy guys respect

Unregistered 09-05-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

This is like telling me neighbourhood GP and hospital resident brain surgeon all the same. All doctor what, just selling different product.

No wonder you are a ****ing FA.

Unregistered 10-05-2022 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217288)
This is like telling me neighbourhood GP and hospital resident brain surgeon all the same. All doctor what, just selling different product.

No wonder you are a ****ing FA.

i dislike most FAs as much as the next guy, but this is a poor example my man.

A GP and a resident both have the same base line qualifications regardless (as in both are literally doctors)

FAs and IB/High finance bros dont have the same base line qualifications. Like literally some FAs got no degree and the CMFAS certs they take are also diff lol.

Unregistered 10-05-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217290)

A GP and a resident both have the same base line qualifications regardless (as in both are literally doctors)

FAs and IB/High finance bros dont have the same base line qualifications. Like literally some FAs got no degree and the CMFAS certs they take are also diff lol.

FAs compared to grab delivery is better example. Both have the same qualifications, which is none

Unregistered 10-05-2022 05:27 PM

FAs, pls.. agent is agent. most are not even advising correctly

Unregistered 10-05-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

;'D

respect to this guy

Unregistered 10-05-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow amazing bro respect all around!

Unregistered 10-05-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow SUCH hardworking person! Respect!

Unregistered 10-05-2022 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217290)

Hey yeah I do recognise it wasn't the best example, but I just wanted to point out that even with that guy's faulty assumption of both of them having the same base line qualification, they would be miles apart.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 01:03 AM

Currently in a private uni and am finding it hard to compete for internships. Any idea how to make myself more competitive? I see people on LinkedIn masking their private uni status...eg putting UOL instead of SIM. Do you recommend doing the same.

PS. Not from UOL but you get the idea... its better to put just the ovs name and exclude SIM

Unregistered 12-05-2022 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217555)
Currently in a private uni and am finding it hard to compete for internships. Any idea how to make myself more competitive? I see people on LinkedIn masking their private uni status...eg putting UOL instead of SIM. Do you recommend doing the same.

PS. Not from UOL but you get the idea... its better to put just the ovs name and exclude SIM

what industry/career are you interested in pursuing? helps if you will be realistic as well.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 01:16 AM

Interested in a front office banking role. Currently in the school's investment club as a trading analyst but the job hunt has not been smooth at all

Unregistered 12-05-2022 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217562)
Interested in a front office banking role. Currently in the school's investment club as a trading analyst but the job hunt has not been smooth at all

if your aim is FO, you are looking at a quite an inherent disadvantage alr. My best advice to you is to build up your own trading portfolio with real trades not just paper money. Its at least better than being in purely a CCA without any internships to speak of.

If you are bent on breaking into FO, you must know that the deck is stacked against you at this point. ATB

Unregistered 12-05-2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

impossible - wake up your idea

Unregistered 12-05-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

If by 'higher relevancy' you mean your shitty investment linked insurance product then you can go screw yourself. I believe the underlying issue of the financial advisory industry is how the compensation is tied directly to sales, which is an obvious conflict of interest because at the end of the day we humans are all selfish beings, we always look out for our best interests first. So all those agents on social media blabbering about how enthusiastic or motivated they feel about helping others can just screw off, would they say the same thing if your compensation is a fixed pay instead?

'Bankers' at the retail banking level are almost equivalent to agents, but PB is a whole different ball game. That's where clients can get access to structured products, exotics, bonds and all sorts of different asset classes. Definitely more relevant and holistic than ur ILP lol.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 11:19 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow respectttttttttttttttt

Unregistered 12-05-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

;'D

much respect x1000

Unregistered 13-05-2022 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217676)
much respect x1000

stfu grow up!

Unregistered 13-05-2022 12:19 AM

Quote:

;'D

Damn bro respect bro

Unregistered 13-05-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

It's not impossible, but its very very tough. Your investment club CCA isn't going to count for much against those with internships, and I say this as someone from SIM. Among my whole batch who graduated years back, only one person made it into what can be described as a front office role, and he worked his ass off for it.

Unregistered 13-05-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

;'D

WOw!!! ;D respect to you man so hardworking !!

Unregistered 14-05-2022 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217756)
WOw!!! ;D respect to you man so hardworking !!

knn this siao lang keep on quoting his own comment and respecting himself

Unregistered 14-05-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

;'D

wow i am new to this thread and i have to say big respect man

very inspiring

Unregistered 14-05-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow you are amazing ;D

Unregistered 14-05-2022 02:53 PM

To get an internship, have the knowledge in the sector u're going for. Like advanced knowledge since you're from a lower tier uni have to leverage on things like competitions, case challenge or hackathons if u're from CS. Do apply earlier before local uni grads can secure an internship. Joined 1-2 competitions from uni and obtained roles from cca as well. Graduated last year and my pay in the finance sector is now 5k above. Not great but I'm okay with it, just gotta work harder than the rest.

Unregistered 14-05-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

;'D

good job, respect

Unregistered 14-05-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

;'D

wow this guy ;D respect

Unregistered 14-05-2022 05:44 PM

Am I missing something? What's so respectable about a SIM grad lol

Unregistered 14-05-2022 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217814)
Am I missing something? What's so respectable about a SIM grad lol

Exactly, i am a SIM grad too but no face to tell people that. This crazy fcker going SIM and earning 3.4k is such a glorious thing.

If anything, you are a disgrace to your parents and should be ashamed to face your ancestors for going SIM.