Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 26-01-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fritzzz (Post 19999)
Depends on industry. Banking & Finance basic Associate program at $4.8k for frontline is min $7k.

If normal MNC or local blue chip $3.7-$4k.

If you still wana waste your life in public sector, whatever they offer you accept. There is no such thing as "ask for more" in public service.

Yup, alot of times is they tell how much you are going to be paid.. No negotiation... They'll always say" If not happy, still got a long queue of people behind you who wants the job..

Imbiah 27-01-2012 07:11 AM

don't accountants normally need 3 to 5 yrs of exp? I am getting offers ranging from 2.2 to 2.5k. is it too low?

fritzzz 27-01-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbiah (Post 20038)
don't accountants normally need 3 to 5 yrs of exp? I am getting offers ranging from 2.2 to 2.5k. is it too low?

3 to 5 years exp is Finance Manager. Most accountants are junior level roles, but 2.2-2.5k is ridiculously low. Norm should be $4k though some big companies will pay higher if you convince them in interview you are good.

Imbiah 27-01-2012 11:10 AM

how will one year experience be enough to garner a pay of 4k? I am not looking to work in a bank or big 4 or anything like that, I just wanna work as an exec or officer in a company. plus, my last drawn is 1.8. I don't think employers would let me get such a high jump in salary just because I have a degree, no?

fritzzz 27-01-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbiah (Post 20046)
how will one year experience be enough to garner a pay of 4k? I am not looking to work in a bank or big 4 or anything like that, I just wanna work as an exec or officer in a company. plus, my last drawn is 1.8. I don't think employers would let me get such a high jump in salary just because I have a degree, no?

I'm confused. You say you have accounting experience earlier but somehow now you want to get a lower level exec or officer job!? Or is it your previous experience is accounts clerk instead of accountant?

If that is the case then of course $2.2k is generous and you can go ahead to accept. But 1 word of advice, next time please dun call accounts clerk "accounting experience", it just create wrong impression that you are qualified accountant leading to confusion.

Unregistered 27-01-2012 11:40 AM

Actually i would like to ask for you guys to advice. those who grad with a degree in business from UOL, what did u guys go into after grad?

I'm reading a degree in business - not finance/econs, or any major.
I am contemplating to change my degree from 2nd year on to something which says degree in finance or degree in econs. Business sounds very general, no? Its like learning a bit of everything but just on the superficial level?

Yes, public sector is stable but very low salaries...

Imbiah 27-01-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fritzzz (Post 20051)
I'm confused. You say you have accounting experience earlier but somehow now you want to get a lower level exec or officer job!? Or is it your previous experience is accounts clerk instead of accountant?

If that is the case then of course $2.2k is generous and you can go ahead to accept. But 1 word of advice, next time please dun call accounts clerk "accounting experience", it just create wrong impression that you are qualified accountant leading to confusion.

hi. my apologies! I should have stated it as working exp instead, had no idea that it would be misleading. I have only been working as an assistant thus far. therefore I will be looking to work as an officer or exec. so if I get an offer of 2.2 it will be acceptable? what's the highest tolerable rate tht I can ask for? as I have been thinking about 2.5. would it be too high?

fritzzz 30-01-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbiah (Post 20069)
hi. my apologies! I should have stated it as working exp instead, had no idea that it would be misleading. I have only been working as an assistant thus far. therefore I will be looking to work as an officer or exec. so if I get an offer of 2.2 it will be acceptable? what's the highest tolerable rate tht I can ask for? as I have been thinking about 2.5. would it be too high?

For your situation, it's same as fresh grad from private uni, so I would expect most offer would be around 2.2 to 2.4k. 2.5k is a little high, but still within normal practice.

I suggest you just state expected at 2.5k when they ask and see if co. undercut. If they undercut to 2.2k or above, my advice is to accept as there are many fresh grads out there and your previous exp dun count for much. No point risk loosing a good offer just to get $200 more.

Unregistered 31-01-2012 12:35 AM

Hi all, I'm a B&F fresh grad w/o relevant exp, and recently just went for an interview at a bank. However, that position is actually more of a diploma rank, so when they asked me for my expected salary, I quoted $2k. Do you all think that's reasonable? I mean I guess I have to lower my expectations since I don't have relevant exp and am facing some pressure from my family to get my first job asap, so I thought this would be a good start. Only thing I'm worried about is that should I switch job in future, the low starting pay might affect my future pay in terms of negotiation?

Okay actually they haven't officially offered me the position, but I believe they are considering. What if they think $2k is still too high for a diploma role, and offer me $1.6-$1.8k instead? Should I just take it up as well? Hope to receive some advice, thanks.

jonny 31-01-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20198)
Hi all, I'm a B&F fresh grad w/o relevant exp, and recently just went for an interview at a bank. However, that position is actually more of a diploma rank, so when they asked me for my expected salary, I quoted $2k. Do you all think that's reasonable? I mean I guess I have to lower my expectations since I don't have relevant exp and am facing some pressure from my family to get my first job asap, so I thought this would be a good start. Only thing I'm worried about is that should I switch job in future, the low starting pay might affect my future pay in terms of negotiation?

Okay actually they haven't officially offered me the position, but I believe they are considering. What if they think $2k is still too high for a diploma role, and offer me $1.6-$1.8k instead? Should I just take it up as well? Hope to receive some advice, thanks.

Dude are you nuts? You studied B&F and instead of going for frontline jobs that pay >$7.5k or at least backend >$4.5k you choose to go for some pathetic $2k job just because your parents pester you to grab the first job that come along?

Like that why bother to waste your time with a bank? Might as well go to public service or nomal executive job, can at least get $3k


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2