Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 18-08-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71616)
Hahahahah.

SIM logic is really pathetic.

"This guy said so, so it must be true!"

Really morons.

You should understand when SIM UOL grads say it's possible to get into top postgraduate schools then you should believe them.

You know why?

Because it's a tested program,say UOL in SIM for example,you should understand not only SIM offers UOL's programs.These programs are offered worldwide so you won't have to deal with a few SIM UOL grads on the argument you will have the whole world of grad from UOL international programs to argue with.And might as well I say it explicitly,you're outnumbered.

Go to LinkedIn and check it out yourself.UOL international programs graduates all over the world getting into top institutions.

Unregistered 18-08-2015 01:37 PM

SIM-UOL feeling unhappy with fellow SIM-UOL What an irony. Graduated in the 1990s, entered with low poly gpa.

Unregistered 18-08-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71613)
I am from SIM and I agree that dude is asking for the moon,but what can a graduate from SIM FCH with some internship experience expect otherwise ?

Keep on trying to get in an entry position and always work doubly hard and keep improving. That way no need to keep arguing with local grads. You will do well in this instance.

Unregistered 18-08-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71635)
You should understand when SIM UOL grads say it's possible to get into top postgraduate schools then you should believe them.

You know why?

Because it's a tested program,say UOL in SIM for example,you should understand not only SIM offers UOL's programs.These programs are offered worldwide so you won't have to deal with a few SIM UOL grads on the argument you will have the whole world of grad from UOL international programs to argue with.And might as well I say it explicitly,you're outnumbered.

Go to LinkedIn and check it out yourself.UOL international programs graduates all over the world getting into top institutions.

Of course SIM grads will outnumber local ones la. Have you ever seen CEOs outnumber factory worker before?

Unregistered 18-08-2015 08:46 PM

whether SIM or local uni, both also got good and bad students. but statistically speaking u have higher chance of success if u go to local uni. it doesnt mean if u go sim u are a loser in life. it doesnt mean if u go local uni u are a winner for sure. its possible u go sim and become a ceo in future. its also possible u go local uni and end up working for lousy pay.

UOL Guy 18-08-2015 10:26 PM

I don't understand why anyone is still arguing here. Yes NUS degrees are more recognized and yes there are student from sim-uol entering LSE for their masters. Approximately 2 students per year even recieve a scholarship to LSE. I am an Econs and finance FCH student here and I personally know one accountancy student offered the scholarship.

UOL students pls stop feeding the trolls, you are making us look like a bunch I immature morons.

UOL guy 18-08-2015 10:52 PM

Just in case y'all think i'm full of ****

"3 graduates with LSE scholarships to pursue a Master's degree."

http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk...chievers-event

cheers

Unregistered 19-08-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UOL Guy (Post 71653)
I don't understand why anyone is still arguing here. Yes NUS degrees are more recognized and yes there are student from sim-uol entering LSE for their masters. Approximately 2 students per year even recieve a scholarship to LSE. I am an Econs and finance FCH student here and I personally know one accountancy student offered the scholarship.

UOL students pls stop feeding the trolls, you are making us look like a bunch I immature morons.

No, you are not full of ***.

Do you happen to know the intake size of SIM-UOL?

Because everyone in SIM-UOL thinks that they only need to work hard and can get FCH.

Just let them know how likely that is.

Unregistered 19-08-2015 12:52 PM

SIMilan dam childish

UOL Guy 19-08-2015 06:49 PM

It really depends which course you are in, accountancy and finance typically has a much higher first class rate while Econs and maths probably has the lowest.

Yes it is possible to work hard and achieve a first class but statistically only the top 5% or so manages it. This is of course due to the less rigorous course inflating the numbers.

Technically you can qualify for most MSc courses if you achieve at least a 2:1 in UOL courses. With a first class, entry into LSE is pretty much secured provided you pay for it.

Local uni guys whom take time to troll here must be insecure as hell.