Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 19-08-2015 11:49 PM

who cares. end of the day, when it comes to jobs, who earn more $$$ wins. doesnt matter smu or sim or ntu or nus. 5 yrs later u cant even remember your uni grades anymore and it doesnt matter either

Unregistered 20-08-2015 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UOL Guy (Post 71672)
It really depends which course you are in, accountancy and finance typically has a much higher first class rate while Econs and maths probably has the lowest.

Yes it is possible to work hard and achieve a first class but statistically only the top 5% or so manages it. This is of course due to the less rigorous course inflating the numbers.

Technically you can qualify for most MSc courses if you achieve at least a 2:1 in UOL courses. With a first class, entry into LSE is pretty much secured provided you pay for it.

Local uni guys whom take time to troll here must be insecure as hell.

I'm sorry,you are full of ****.Point proved when you highlighted the fact that scholarships are provided to SIM UOL grads but take note LSE might probably be the only prestigious institution that might welcome SIM UOL grads.What about the others?
What you must understand is that there is a limit to your degree.

SIM Guy 20-08-2015 08:48 AM

So my friend what is considered "other top institutions"? Does Oxford count?

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/reaganyee

This guy was the 3rd to get into oxford from SIM. There may have been more since then. Can we move on to actually providing advise to people who need it rather than you insecure tools constantly telling us we don't measure up?

Unregistered 20-08-2015 12:43 PM

Ok point taken.. I'm from NUS myself, that guy you linked had a stellar GMAT score though. I can understand how some of my fellow schoolmates have the urge to put down SIM students. I have SIM grad friends myself working in firms like JP Morgan and Wells Fargo etc.

Unregistered 20-08-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71684)
I'm sorry,you are full of ****.Point proved when you highlighted the fact that scholarships are provided to SIM UOL grads but take note LSE might probably be the only prestigious institution that might welcome SIM UOL grads.What about the others?
What you must understand is that there is a limit to your degree.

This thread had indeed taken a very bad turn with a lot of misinformation from the local uni side and a lot of emotional craziness by SIM people.

Perhaps its time to move to a more decent conversation.

I would like to clarify that I do see UOL degree holders in my NTU Masters course a few years ago.

One of them is not even from SIM. From some dunno what institute that also starts with "S".

Hence, a UOL degree is not totally useless. But to treat a UOL degree as from a top tier university is just fooling yourself. Try to prove it through your work instead.

The UOL degree holders in my NTU Masters course, while they pass, rank at or near the bottom.

Unregistered 20-08-2015 02:45 PM

either u get in ivy or u dun. either u make $$$ or u dun. who gives a flying sh.it what uni got what ppl do what. impt thing is make big $$$ urself no matter what u

temp111 20-08-2015 08:37 PM

Bloody piece of shite.

Local uni grads getting sour when seeing their SIM counterparts doing better than them in the workforce. Pui.

Unregistered 20-08-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 71712)
Bloody piece of shite.

Local uni grads getting sour when seeing their SIM counterparts doing better than them in the workforce. Pui.

Eh, take ur diploma, vietbu, 32k and get out of here lah.

temp111 20-08-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71713)
Eh, take ur diploma, vietbu, 32k and get out of here lah.

Fark urself dude. U piece of glorious shitehole.

Posting anonymously just shows that u are indeed balless u pathetic idiot.

May u go farkurself u retard

Unregistered 20-08-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 71716)
Fark urself dude. U piece of glorious shitehole.

Posting anonymously just shows that u are indeed balless u pathetic idiot.

May u go farkurself u retard

The downs is strong in this one.