Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 02-12-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192220)
Crap but why companies still asking for it?

Sure have some value.

To a seasoned professional itís crappy but nonetheless a good foundation cert for newbie.

Well to me CISSP is equally crappy too. OffSec certs FTW hehe

a company that asks for it is crap too

Unregistered 02-12-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192255)
CISSP is crap but OffSec cert guy need to work under CISSP guy.

Exactly my point! Every cert will be useful to the holder at different stage.

Unregistered 02-12-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192255)
CISSP is crap but OffSec cert guy need to work under CISSP guy.

Hands on technical always work under cissp management guy
Just accept it, those who talk and do presentation are better paid than zai technical person

Unregistered 02-12-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192082)
If you are only looking to get in as a fresh grad or a entry level role, yes.

If you are looking to join as a senior/ management level then no.

normally there 2 path.

1st is tech path where you have a lot of cert or have alot of github development or HTB/ bug bounty kind exp.

2nd is smoke path where you have nothing much but can talk very well. this type of ppl will do in SI kind of cyber company

No matter what, in cyber you can only see this 2 path...

Unregistered 03-12-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192310)
Hands on technical always work under cissp management guy
Just accept it, those who talk and do presentation are better paid than zai technical person


Yes agree with this.

A lot of Sales/management have CISSP but not even know how to solve simple stuff.

Unregistered 04-12-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192220)
Crap but why companies still asking for it?

Sure have some value.

To a seasoned professional itís crappy but nonetheless a good foundation cert for newbie.

Well to me CISSP is equally crappy too. OffSec certs FTW hehe

Then get both?

Very hard meh?

Unregistered 04-12-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192519)
Then get both?

Very hard meh?

Ya get both itís like the ultimate combo. Guys whatís a good cloud security certificate?

Unregistered 04-12-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192521)
Ya get both itís like the ultimate combo. Guys whatís a good cloud security certificate?

dun get unless you company pay for it or your work is using it. alot of my fren took cloud cert, but it just expired after 3 year.

Unregistered 05-12-2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192310)
Hands on technical always work under cissp management guy
Just accept it, those who talk and do presentation are better paid than zai technical person

Know technical stuff only is useless. Most of the time, these people cannot convey or express themselves properly and so most people including management dont know what they are talking about. The world talks money. In the business world, knowing how money flows and how business works is more important. A business will not survive just because you have one or two technical people

Unregistered 05-12-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192559)
Know technical stuff only is useless. Most of the time, these people cannot convey or express themselves properly and so most people including management dont know what they are talking about. The world talks money. In the business world, knowing how money flows and how business works is more important. A business will not survive just because you have one or two technical people

sssh dont say so much and reveal the tricks


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2