Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 05-12-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192613)
they only use the CISSP put in their credential to bid for project lah.

the ppl that do the project (mostly fresh grad)how many have CISSP...for show only one

ya la same like PMP, see them in first meeting nia. LOL

Unregistered 06-12-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192641)
ya la same like PMP, see them in first meeting nia. LOL

those who familiar with tender document will know lah
all very nice one, all the PMP CISSP cert all there...all senior manager, VP , project lead
end up the 1 person doing is a associate consultant

Unregistered 06-12-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192662)
those who familiar with tender document will know lah
all very nice one, all the PMP CISSP cert all there...all senior manager, VP , project lead
end up the 1 person doing is a associate consultant

I’m the only associate consultant who doing .. sob sob 😭

Unregistered 06-12-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192692)
I’m the only associate consultant who doing .. sob sob 😭

Rite of passage la

Lmao

Unregistered 19-12-2021 09:55 PM

Is it true that technical roles in cybersecurity don't pay well? I am graduating from a private u and prefer a technical role rather than a management one. Have been talking to a few friends in the industry and most suggest me to go for software engineering if I can code. I have a friend in local U drawing mid 3k as a cybersecurity engineer while I manage to get a 3.7k offer as a software engineer in a local SI.

I want to get into cybersecurity but I feel 'wasted' if I can get a higher paying job as a software engineer... Any advice?

Unregistered 20-12-2021 12:51 AM

Bro, you feel wasted for 200$?

Local SI is famous for higher starting pay but low increment. They might range from 60 - 200$ per annual.

For cyber tech role. Alot of place have better increment and certification allowance. Tech role, money normally come from industry certification and your exp, so normally starting pay is lower.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194271)
Bro, you feel wasted for 200$?

Local SI is famous for higher starting pay but low increment. They might range from 60 - 200$ per annual.

For cyber tech role. Alot of place have better increment and certification allowance. Tech role, money normally come from industry certification and your exp, so normally starting pay is lower.

furthermore i might add that junior cyber analyst require a lot more hand holding as opposed to a SWE.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194259)
Is it true that technical roles in cybersecurity don't pay well? I am graduating from a private u and prefer a technical role rather than a management one. Have been talking to a few friends in the industry and most suggest me to go for software engineering if I can code. I have a friend in local U drawing mid 3k as a cybersecurity engineer while I manage to get a 3.7k offer as a software engineer in a local SI.

I want to get into cybersecurity but I feel 'wasted' if I can get a higher paying job as a software engineer... Any advice?

If you Want to be swe, you should join tech film, why join local SI, they are for people who Want to slack and retire.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

3.5k stay there for 1 to 2 years can jump to new role for pay raise.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Private toilet paper u go join grab food la. Worthless cert