Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 11-04-2022 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213402)
Tysm for the reply! Do they assign role/team based on our indicated interest/skills or randomly?

no problem.

Randomly I think.. I mean I don't know for sure but based on anecdotal evidence it seems to be random.

Unregistered 11-04-2022 10:42 AM

is there any news from those who are still waiting for offer?

Unregistered 11-04-2022 11:36 AM

why is dbs so garbage?

attended tt2... till now still no update on shortlisted ? if rejected then just send rejection email or something da fuq sitting around waiting for this offer so that i can use to negotiate other offers

Unregistered 11-04-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213414)
why is dbs so garbage?

attended tt2... till now still no update on shortlisted ? if rejected then just send rejection email or something da fuq sitting around waiting for this offer so that i can use to negotiate other offers

tt2 is like half a year ago? If u never hear anything after 1mth, just move on. You dont even bother to ask them or anything. Besides macs or kfc, no one will give u a job offer. You want to negotiate 7/hr to 5k/mth?

Unregistered 11-04-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213425)
tt2 is like half a year ago? If u never hear anything after 1mth, just move on. You dont even bother to ask them or anything. Besides macs or kfc, no one will give u a job offer. You want to negotiate 7/hr to 5k/mth?

yeah yeah keep shoving mac and kfc down your throat while you type ******** online buddy

cringe as fk

tt2 half a year ago... facepalm

Unregistered 11-04-2022 02:01 PM

If I completed the assessment yesterday, am I still eligible?

Unregistered 11-04-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213430)
If I completed the assessment yesterday, am I still eligible?

They will send u invite to hackathon if you pass the assessment

Unregistered 11-04-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213427)
yeah yeah keep shoving mac and kfc down your throat while you type ******** online buddy

cringe as fk

tt2 half a year ago... facepalm

Now idk if u troll or just have low eq and iq. Tt2 is on 11 nov and I cant believe someone can be actually that stupid to wait for 5 mths thinking he will get a job offer. Your mom never tell u to eat u dont eat isit? Need her to spoonfeed u?

Unregistered 11-04-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213408)
is there any news from those who are still waiting for offer?

nope but someone said to wait a few days more

Unregistered 11-04-2022 05:25 PM

i think can still wait. never knkw some one actually picks up the offer

Unregistered 11-04-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213462)
i think can still wait. never knkw some one actually picks up the offer

have you received any emails?

Unregistered 11-04-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213457)
Now idk if u troll or just have low eq and iq. Tt2 is on 11 nov and I cant believe someone can be actually that stupid to wait for 5 mths thinking he will get a job offer. Your mom never tell u to eat u dont eat isit? Need her to spoonfeed u?

Techtrek 2 was in Feb 2022 LOL HAHAHAHHAHAH

Holy ****.. RETARD LMAO

Unregistered 11-04-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213486)
Techtrek 2 was in Feb 2022 LOL HAHAHAHHAHAH

Holy ****.. RETARD LMAO

Man so delusional he forgets the time. They held TT4 in march u say TT2 in feb?

Unregistered 11-04-2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213516)
Man so delusional he forgets the time. They held TT4 in march u say TT2 in feb?

Are you also low eq and iq? Tt2 was on 11 nov go look back in this thread.

Unregistered 11-04-2022 10:28 PM

joke

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213402)
Tysm for the reply! Do they assign role/team based on our indicated interest/skills or randomly?

it's random.... but generally, there are 2 big departments. IBGT and C2E (Corp banking / Consumer banking)
IBGT is ran like NS culture. Also you won't go far as a SWE here. Nothing much to learn, they mostly want BAs who don't code. Also, what is WLB lol. You have to do deployments on Friday nights which spans to Sat morning with no OIL. Also Friday, you are expected to report at your normal time.

Tech stack wise: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsofr Powerpoint, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins

Unregistered 11-04-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213525)
it's random.... but generally, there are 2 big departments. IBGT and C2E (Corp banking / Consumer banking)
IBGT is ran like NS culture. Also you won't go far as a SWE here. Nothing much to learn, they mostly want BAs who don't code. Also, what is WLB lol. You have to do deployments on Friday nights which spans to Sat morning with no OIL. Also Friday, you are expected to report at your normal time.

Tech stack wise: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsofr Powerpoint, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins

A quick linkedin search on the past seeders and you can easily tell that this is false.

No idea why do people blatantly lie. What a waste of time.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:17 AM

???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213537)
A quick linkedin search on the past seeders and you can easily tell that this is false.

No idea why do people blatantly lie. What a waste of time.

fyi. they just took in a lot of seeders in 2021, just search on linkedin. same for 2022. are you sure that everyone will get to code when most of the jobs are outsourced to NCS or DAH2? Also, there will be a new office in China, DAH3 where we will get cheap labour to code.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213556)
fyi. they just took in a lot of seeders in 2021, just search on linkedin. same for 2022. are you sure that everyone will get to code when most of the jobs are outsourced to NCS or DAH2? Also, there will be a new office in China, DAH3 where we will get cheap labour to code.

who asked?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213557)
who asked?

Peng Ng :)

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:28 AM

did anyone get their starting date yet?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 08:19 AM

Hope someone can share the pros and cons of this program. Ty

Unregistered 12-04-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213585)
Hope someone can share the pros and cons of this program. Ty

Dbs is linkedin top 5 companies this year LOL. Anyway, the reviews on dbs improved quite a lot on glassdoor over the years. Probably aiming to be faang.

The career progression and benefits are quite competitive. 24 + 2 days leave + 30 days medical leave with VB. However, it is still a 9-6 job and the base salary is only 5k. There are salary increments based on your performance and 1% additional interest rate on your savings account which possibly can offset the low base salary. 1% compounded can be quite a lot.

I would say to check up on the nodeflair website. Dbs seed is a great start for both job hoppers and people working there long term. There are opportunities like JPM, GS, GrabFinance and ShopeePay in the future and most companies are moving into finance.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 10:11 AM

24 + 2 days leave isn't really competitive... don't forget that banks run throughout a year whereas tech companies have multiple company wide holidays ( especially US companies ) and most of the time, the last 2 weeks of December are blocked.

So while you get 14 days at US tech companies, that's 14 days leave + 2 weeks in mid December off + 4-5 company holidays throughout a year... not sure about other US companies but mine also has 120 days sick leave a year which a lot of people abuse.

if you want to know more about DBS SEED, find those ex-seeders or current-seeders on LinkedIn, connect with them and just ask them nicely, express your interest in the program, etc.

its a great program to learn and to really grind. i strongly advice it if you're young and hungry to learn. if you're already seasoned dev ( closing to 2yoe ) then don't do it... you can easily find mid-level dev roles in other tech companies for at least >6k base pay.

anyway last I recall when I joined I was told to openly express how I felt about the program to friends and people online who were curious... so here you go. hope it helps.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 11:49 AM

DBS Seed job descriptions

Can anyone elaborate more on the job roles and description in DBS seed? Will the projects be web dev only as seen by hackathon or there are other types?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213611)
Can anyone elaborate more on the job roles and description in DBS seed? Will the projects be web dev only as seen by hackathon or there are other types?

Most of it will be cloud related stuffs like DevOps, Jenkin builds, CI/CD pipeline etc.

No it's not web dev stuffs lol there's no web dev stuffs for SEEDers. The full-stack associate perm roles will have web-based tech work. SEEDers will get DevOps or some random java springboot project PoC that will mostly get shelved at the end of your contract.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213593)
Dbs is linkedin top 5 companies this year LOL. Anyway, the reviews on dbs improved quite a lot on glassdoor over the years. Probably aiming to be faang.

The career progression and benefits are quite competitive. 24 + 2 days leave + 30 days medical leave with VB. However, it is still a 9-6 job and the base salary is only 5k. There are salary increments based on your performance and 1% additional interest rate on your savings account which possibly can offset the low base salary. 1% compounded can be quite a lot.

I would say to check up on the nodeflair website. Dbs seed is a great start for both job hoppers and people working there long term. There are opportunities like JPM, GS, GrabFinance and ShopeePay in the future and most companies are moving into finance.

Thanks for the advice!

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213596)
24 + 2 days leave isn't really competitive... don't forget that banks run throughout a year whereas tech companies have multiple company wide holidays ( especially US companies ) and most of the time, the last 2 weeks of December are blocked.

So while you get 14 days at US tech companies, that's 14 days leave + 2 weeks in mid December off + 4-5 company holidays throughout a year... not sure about other US companies but mine also has 120 days sick leave a year which a lot of people abuse.

if you want to know more about DBS SEED, find those ex-seeders or current-seeders on LinkedIn, connect with them and just ask them nicely, express your interest in the program, etc.

its a great program to learn and to really grind. i strongly advice it if you're young and hungry to learn. if you're already seasoned dev ( closing to 2yoe ) then don't do it... you can easily find mid-level dev roles in other tech companies for at least >6k base pay.

anyway last I recall when I joined I was told to openly express how I felt about the program to friends and people online who were curious... so here you go. hope it helps.

Thanks for the advice!

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Yea i agree with 2 yr experience u can find a mid lvl tech job with >6k pay. But if the nodeflair website is true, then after 2 yrs u get 6.5k as well.

You currently working at us tech? Have you received any bonus recently?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

seed is competitive for me who is too dumb to join faang. i think when u say us tech u mean faang lol. the smaller US tech mnc like DXC cant compete at all. If the salary increment is true, after 1 yr you will get 6k a mth in seed too.

dunno if the career progression, salary increment and benefits still stay the same aftr 2yrs but i hope someone live at dbs long enuf to tell the tale

Unregistered 12-04-2022 05:45 PM

Anyone received offer?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213667)
Anyone received offer?

Meeeeee, i think they hired almost everyone from techtrek lol.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213667)
Anyone received offer?

Received today and accepted le, see yall!

Unregistered 12-04-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213669)

Did it states which role or team u assign to?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213669)

legit??

even the poor performers? smh like that means full alr?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213671)

you will get your assigned team during the orientation on day 1. Role wise, you have to ask your direct manager.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213671)

nope, but i heard need to tell ur manager the role u want

Unregistered 13-04-2022 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213672)
legit??

even the poor performers? smh like that means full alr?

They expecting to have 500+ ppl every year. I saw got TT5 in may, maybe not everyone haha. I think 60-70% from every TT will get in, still pretty high though.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 09:23 AM

When is the starting date for this programme? Can choose or is it a fixed date for everyone?

Unregistered 13-04-2022 01:10 PM

Hi, I originally received the shortlisted email saying "congrats... pending background check etc".
My taleo status at that time was "Selection".

But today as i checked the taleo status, it was changed to "completed" and I've yet to receive any offer.

Does this mean that I'm rejected?

Unregistered 13-04-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213767)
Hi, I originally received the shortlisted email saying "congrats... pending background check etc".
My taleo status at that time was "Selection".

But today as i checked the taleo status, it was changed to "completed" and I've yet to receive any offer.

Does this mean that I'm rejected?

oh damn means your background check failed...

did you submit the credit bureau properly? i hope u also did the declaration thing, that one was abit hard to navigate in taleo lol but its under your "edit" then the bottom right field there's this agreement page to consult background checks.