Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 13-04-2022 01:48 PM

I got the shortlisted email and status shown as completed but I have yet to receive the email offer. However, my taleo page has the offer tab already with the offer. Should I wait for the official offer email before accepting the offer?

Unregistered 13-04-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213773)
oh damn means your background check failed...

did you submit the credit bureau properly? i hope u also did the declaration thing, that one was abit hard to navigate in taleo lol but its under your "edit" then the bottom right field there's this agreement page to consult background checks.

Yup I did. Only those 2 tasks right (The Credit Bureau and Outside Appointment thing).

In that case, i will receive a rejection email or no?

Unregistered 13-04-2022 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213777)
Yup I did. Only those 2 tasks right (The Credit Bureau and Outside Appointment thing).

In that case, i will receive a rejection email or no?

depends, did you have a job previously longer than 3 months? Need submit pay slip and references for proof.

Along with the Pic of your IC front and back. If so should be ok.

DBS usually don't send rejection letters so early, they wait till end of the upcoming tech trek which is 5, on 5th or 6th May I believe.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213778)
depends, did you have a job previously longer than 3 months? Need submit pay slip and references for proof.

DBS usually don't send rejection letters so early, they wait till end of the upcoming tech trek which is 5, on 5th or 6th May I believe.

Ah okay i see, thanks for the info. Guess I'll just then.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213778)

Ah okay i see, thanks for the info. Guess I'll just wait then.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213780)

yeah dont worry as long as you did the onboarding checklist correctly you're fine

offer letters just take a while...

completed just means "ok prepping offer" OR "failed bg checks"

the ones who dont even stand a chance, they'll usually get some other status like "pending" after 1 month

Unregistered 13-04-2022 03:38 PM

Does anyone know if we can start working earlier? Intake is in July but I’ll be graduating early May

Unregistered 13-04-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213794)
Does anyone know if we can start working earlier? Intake is in July but I’ll be graduating early May

take the fking break la wtf

use some EQ, who the fk do u think u are that DBS HR and onboarding staff members need to ONBOARD you first before the entire SEED batch on the fixed July intake day?

smh...

Unregistered 13-04-2022 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213794)

my advice to u is to continue leetcoding and don't stop at dbs

Unregistered 13-04-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213775)
I got the shortlisted email and status shown as completed but I have yet to receive the email offer. However, my taleo page has the offer tab already with the offer. Should I wait for the official offer email before accepting the offer?

hey there, check the spam folder in your email.

was in the same situation and i found the emails in my spam folder. hope it helps!

Unregistered 13-04-2022 06:22 PM

for those who got the offer, can share whats the annual pay? did it go up? or still 60k?

Unregistered 13-04-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213786)

offer letters just take a while...

Hey, able to share how long 'awhile' is? I've been waiting for 3 weeks after accepting, but letter is not in my email or spam.....

Unregistered 13-04-2022 09:56 PM

Anyone can share what are the other steps or tasks after getting offer? Is it just nothing and silence until July/Jan?

Unregistered 14-04-2022 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213819)
Hey, able to share how long 'awhile' is? I've been waiting for 3 weeks after accepting, but letter is not in my email or spam.....

HR said 3-4weeks. If still no news means not accepted

Unregistered 14-04-2022 09:12 AM

this company ranked top in linkedin? really? 1-2 months for offer letter?

no total comp details? lolz lucky i kept applying.

no official offer letter = no offer, remember that

Unregistered 14-04-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213780)

Hv u received the offer? I still waiting too

Unregistered 14-04-2022 01:36 PM

Hi anyone knows where is the workplace location at? Changi or MBFC?

Unregistered 14-04-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213894)
Hi anyone knows where is the workplace location at? Changi or MBFC?

changi business park

MBFC is for ops

Unregistered 14-04-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213895)
changi business park

MBFC is for ops

Will it be stated in the offer?

Unregistered 14-04-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213891)
Hv u received the offer? I still waiting too

Nope, I think let's just move on hahas, from what i see a lot of ppl already received offer. Since the status just turned to complete without offer letter, most prob rejected alr.

Unregistered 14-04-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213814)
for those who got the offer, can share whats the annual pay? did it go up? or still 60k?

not sure about others but mine was 60k base, I'm from Jan intake...

couldn't nego also, I had another offer for 72k from a trading firm and DBS wouldn't bulge... I ask if can do 66k also cannot lol da fuq in the end I took it cause very high bonus compared to other places

Unregistered 14-04-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213922)

couldn't nego also, I had another offer for 72k from a trading firm and DBS wouldn't bulge... I ask if can do 66k also cannot lol da fuq in the end I took it cause very high bonus compared to other places

why would you think you have any leverage on pay when they have a bucket load of backup candidates

Unregistered 14-04-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Isn’t the bonus variable based on performance? How do you know bonus is very high?

Unregistered 14-04-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

current seeder? Is first month purely training and do they give any information before your first day?

Unregistered 14-04-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213938)
why would you think you have any leverage on pay when they have a bucket load of backup candidates

yea you're 100% right but sadly i didnt know they had so many backups lol in the end i regretted taking DBS... thought this was some prestigious programme... been here 3 months already so far i learned what i could have learned on my own in 1 week lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213944)
Isn’t the bonus variable based on performance? How do you know bonus is very high?

I have a few friends from BA degree inside the seed program, they told me they got 2-3 months bonus off base pay, that's $10 - $15k a year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213945)
current seeder? Is first month purely training and do they give any information before your first day?

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

not much info. first month you don't do much... 2nd month u get put with other seeders and a few ex-seeders / long term seeders to mentor / guide you.. but just a warning, they don't really know much lol.

maybe its just my luck, I'm a CS grad and my mentors were engineering grads / non-cs. so a lot of the things that they wanted me to do were like my Y1 uni projects...

I also wanted to use specific tech-stack over what they recommended cause I had my reasons as to why but they rejected it.

so yeah not much flexibility on how you want to do your tasks which sucks a lot... also the OT culture here is insane, you practically don't stop working and messages go off even at 9-10pm lol. I mean I dont know what is it like at other tech companies but WLB is pretty **** here.

Unregistered 14-04-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213952)
yea you're 100% right but sadly i didnt know they had so many backups lol in the end i regretted taking DBS... thought this was some prestigious programme... been here 3 months already so far i learned what i could have learned on my own in 1 week lol

I have a few friends from BA degree inside the seed program, they told me they got 2-3 months bonus off base pay, that's $10 - $15k a year.

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

not much info. first month you don't do much... 2nd month u get put with other seeders and a few ex-seeders / long term seeders to mentor / guide you.. but just a warning, they don't really know much lol.

maybe its just my luck, I'm a CS grad and my mentors were engineering grads / non-cs. so a lot of the things that they wanted me to do were like my Y1 uni projects...

I also wanted to use specific tech-stack over what they recommended cause I had my reasons as to why but they rejected it.

so yeah not much flexibility on how you want to do your tasks which sucks a lot... also the OT culture here is insane, you practically don't stop working and messages go off even at 9-10pm lol. I mean I dont know what is it like at other tech companies but WLB is pretty **** here.

Wow. No FoW arrangements in your dept that helped? would want to connect with you to learn more too

Unregistered 14-04-2022 08:11 PM

Quote:

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

Hi Senpai, any tips for us?
I have accepted an offer but havent heard from HR or anyone ever since then. Feels a little scary

Unregistered 14-04-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213956)
Hi Senpai, any tips for us?
I have accepted an offer but havent heard from HR or anyone ever since then. Feels a little scary

Which techtrek r u from? Did the offer state starting date of work?

Unregistered 15-04-2022 12:42 AM

Quote:

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

Hi, can u share what dept u are in? I heard that WLB highly depends on the dept

Unregistered 15-04-2022 11:13 AM

New ACE Prog?

Hello,

Wondering if anybody knows anything about the ACE program (s://.dbs.com/careers/structured-programmes/ace-programme), is this a new program that's like a data science equivalent of SEED?

Anybody else waiting for interview after completing HackerRank test?

Unregistered 15-04-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214002)
Hello,

Wondering if anybody knows anything about the ACE program (s://.dbs.com/careers/structured-programmes/ace-programme), is this a new program that's like a data science equivalent of SEED?

Anybody else waiting for interview after completing HackerRank test?

hihi, maybe i can give some input, last time i intern as data scientist for dbs in june 2021, they offered me a direct spot on this program after i finished

pay is 50k annual with bonus, etc. there will be 3 rounds of interview, 1st is with the team lead, next is dept lead then last is 3 senior engineers.

also there is a take home assignment, basically a typical data science project, similar to ur Y3 ones, somtehing like given data set, decide how u want to partition it to test and real data, then decide how you want to use ur ML knowledge ( classification etc ) to come to a conclusion

they will provide u with python files and a pdf file so dont worry. just follow the instruction and can do le

Unregistered 15-04-2022 01:48 PM

Quote:

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

Wonder if the nodeflair blog post s://.nodeflair.com/blog/dbs-seed-programme here is true that the increment at the end of year is about to 6k.

Unregistered 15-04-2022 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213982)
Which techtrek r u from? Did the offer state starting date of work?

tt4. starting date is stated, thats all the info given. im trying to prepare for it, but its a little difficult without knowing anything.

Unregistered 15-04-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214020)
tt4. starting date is stated, thats all the info given. im trying to prepare for it, but its a little difficult without knowing anything.

May i know when did u receive the Offer?

Unregistered 15-04-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214018)
Wonder if the nodeflair blog post s://.nodeflair.com/blog/dbs-seed-programme here is true that the increment at the end of year is about to 6k.

i think its true becos at the end of 2 year is the full time conversion to dbs associate ... but i think 6k is abit low ball cos dbs associate tech pay starts at 6.7k onward not 6k

Unregistered 15-04-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214025)
May i know when did u receive the Offer?

a few weeks ago. How about you? Any information?

Unregistered 15-04-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214049)
i think its true becos at the end of 2 year is the full time conversion to dbs associate ... but i think 6k is abit low ball cos dbs associate tech pay starts at 6.7k onward not 6k

this kind of traineeship program offer u 5.5k u should be happy alr. U think this is a Management Associate program? lol

Unregistered 15-04-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214069)
this kind of traineeship program offer u 5.5k u should be happy alr. U think this is a Management Associate program? lol

SEED is 5k ( non nego )

GA Ops is 4.5k, 4.8k ( nego )

got a lot of offer letter proof on nodeflair alr

Unregistered 16-04-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214080)
SEED is 5k ( non nego )

GA Ops is 4.5k, 4.8k ( nego )

got a lot of offer letter proof on nodeflair alr

Yes bro, that one 5k starting is non-nego and fixated. But at the end of 1st 6 months, 1st year and 2nd year there are increments.

I want to know how true it is, most importantly, how well you must perform to stay after 1 year

Unregistered 16-04-2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214100)
Yes bro, that one 5k starting is non-nego and fixated. But at the end of 1st 6 months, 1st year and 2nd year there are increments.

I want to know how true it is, most importantly, how well you must perform to stay after 1 year

its 100% ********

someone else confirm but i remember months ago on this same thread, someone posted some pay inc figure that turned out to be complete ******** ( people emailed DBS TT people to ask and they said no pay inc, maybe yearly but rare )

lol the website even says "We do not have verified data on this, but it is relatively consistent from what we have found out and might differ for individuals."

also the website founder got an account on this forum, last time he spam his website everywhere... im 100% sure he saw the same post then anyhow say got pay inc