Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 01-02-2024 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267285)
This time round the selection process is quite strict, they looking for people with actual web dev experience

How do you know this? Or what did you base your assumptions on?

Unregistered 01-02-2024 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267280)
sorry to hear that, how was ur techtrek performance? like did u do a lot?

Pretty much soloed the frontend and had to help in backend a bit. I have 2 swe internships also. Idk what else to do lol

Unregistered 01-02-2024 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267284)
Nope, I just help the team setup git only, didn't do much coding because I'm not a CS grad.

what the fk simi lj thats it?

fk u la no surprise kena rejected knn only help setup git in 8 hours WTF???

Unregistered 01-02-2024 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267288)
what the fk simi lj thats it?

fk u la no surprise kena rejected knn only help setup git in 8 hours WTF???

Dude are you stupid? The whole team DIDN'T KNOW how to setup git, I HELPED them.

Without my git how the hell would we merge our code together huh? Don't be smart ass and act like you know everything.

Unregistered 01-02-2024 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267286)
How do you know this? Or what did you base your assumptions on?

I am a current seeder and one of the table ic so I’m in the know

Unregistered 01-02-2024 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267287)
Pretty much soloed the frontend and had to help in backend a bit. I have 2 swe internships also. Idk what else to do lol

Aiya take it as they know you’re overqualified for this role and they scared you run away halfway so they reject you first to make themselves feel better

Unregistered 01-02-2024 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267290)
I am a current seeder and one of the table ic so I’m in the know

So do you know the rough intake number this time then? Also curious are table ics part of the assessors?

Unregistered 01-02-2024 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267292)
So do you know the rough intake number this time then? Also curious are table ics part of the assessors?

The figure is close to 1% of the total number of applications. 10% of the initial applicants get invited to techtrek and 10% of those in techtrek get an offer.

We’re only there to facilitate and give our feedback on candidates in case the assessors might have missed out on some parts.

Unregistered 01-02-2024 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267294)
The figure is close to 1% of the total number of applications. 10% of the initial applicants get invited to techtrek and 10% of those in techtrek get an offer.

We’re only there to facilitate and give our feedback on candidates in case the assessors might have missed out on some parts.

10%? 16 peeps? Are all the seed batches so small? And there are no other intakes this year already

Unregistered 01-02-2024 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267294)

bullsh1t

prove it right now, give me the first 3 letters of your name and i will check your names on team whether you're lying or what

i can also check last seed batches, names are all on previous seed teams