Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 19-05-2023 10:39 PM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the intake for this batch?

Unregistered 19-05-2023 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248512)
68000, it says variable bonus so i dunno how much is that

oh pay increased from 66k to 68k?

Unregistered 20-05-2023 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248555)
u dodged a bullet

when DBS went down, i saw a lot of those posts on r/singapore reddit, many people in that post said that DBS backend is full of indian devs and its handled by DBS india not DBS SG

i got a few friends in the program and they also told me a lot of bad experiences

Can share their experiences?

Unregistered 20-05-2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248556)
also i checked my linkedin premium search for "Graduate associate (SEED)" role, linkedin tells me that from 2021 to 2023 jan, about 60-70%+ people with that title moved on to different jobs after 2 years whereas other roles left after 1 year.

means that on average, people work in dbs 1-2 years then leave. big red flag imo.

That's because most of them don't actually do any tech work in SEED program.

Like it or not, you don't get to choose your LOBT when you first join. You don't get to choose your role either, you can state your "preference" but ultimately you will do what they need you to do.

If that includes making PowerPoint slides for your SVP, that's what you will do.

You don't like it? Don't do your job and take a "BT" rating for your year-end review and cry about it then.

The lucky ones will get a chance to partake in big projects and get "OT" or "AT" ratings, in which they will then quality for HIPO program ( it's a fast tracked path to promotion )

Good luck, join the program, if you happen to be lucky and work on large-scale projects then congratulations, don't waste it, learn as much as possible and work damn hard.

If you're unlucky and get nothing to do then don't be a moron and just do nothing for 2+ years lol, that's incredibly stupid. I've seen SEEDers just sit by for 1.5 years doing nothing, like why? Go self-learn or prep for interviews.

Once you get "BT" twice in a row you're going to get fired.

Unregistered 20-05-2023 11:09 AM

Also no one told me this but apparently you can't even rotate out after 1 year.

They say you can and you can list your preference to do so but the actual rotation actually never happens, it's just silence after that.

Unregistered 20-05-2023 12:07 PM

lets be real, people leave for other reasons not just tech stack lol

s://.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/13lw99t/whistleblower_calls_out_alleged_unfair_hiring/

citibank is the same, jp morgan and many more places. fact is that theres lots of foreigners in these banks and they will look out for their own people only

dont wanna be like edmw cry ceca but lol u look at the big 4 thread also theyre talking about JHK all the time, sg is not for sinkies anymore

Unregistered 20-05-2023 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248612)

Like it or not, you don't get to choose your LOBT when you first join. You don't get to choose your role either, you can state your "preference" but ultimately you will do what they need you to do.

If that includes making PowerPoint slides for your SVP, that's what you will do.

You don't like it? Don't do your job and take a "BT" rating for your year-end review and cry about it then.

The lucky ones will get a chance to partake in big projects and get "OT" or "AT" ratings, in which they will then quality for HIPO program ( it's a fast tracked path to promotion )

Good luck, join the program, if you happen to be lucky and work on large-scale projects then congratulations, don't waste it, learn as much as possible and work damn hard.

If you're unlucky and get nothing to do then don't be a moron and just do nothing for 2+ years lol, that's incredibly stupid. I've seen SEEDers just sit by for 1.5 years doing nothing, like why? Go self-learn or prep for interviews.

Hi could u explain the ratings more and how is the rating done, yearly?

Unregistered 20-05-2023 02:51 PM

Quote:

Hi could u share more about the ratings? Thank u

Unregistered 20-05-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

actually someone with brain cells here. Thank you

Unregistered 20-05-2023 09:44 PM

Quote:

this is so true, facts