Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 20-03-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95795)
MX14.

Last year ungraded: X1
This year B: X2

Heard that my ministry will have to diao long long before promotion.
Personally in my near 2 years, I've only seen 1 promotion in my dept, excluding redesignation.

Saw so many so u saying from MX13 to 12 is automatic, then what's the point of 14? Just a "gimmick" to let diploma holders feel included?
Tbh, I doubt a promotion even if I were to get B again next year.

Promotion has eluded me for a long time in civil service too. I encourage you to just continue to work hard and not think so much about promotion. When you compare you will just feel disgruntled over time and this will definitely affect your performance.

i can't claim to say if the civil service were serious to include diploma holders into the MX scheme. Only time will tell.

Unregistered 20-03-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95794)
MX13 to MX12 is automatic after one year. Was that was you were referring to?

Is it true that entrant degree holder at MX 13 gets automatic upgrade to MX12 after one year of service?

Understand that for DXOs in MINDEF, the entry grade for degree holders is at DX9 and they are only promoted if they receive two consecutive min. B' Gradings.

Any reason why MXO people get promoted automatically (if it's true) while DXOs don't? Im asking this as both as considered as civil servants.

Unregistered 20-03-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95794)
MX13 to MX12 is automatic after one year. Was that was you were referring to?

Yup. Is it automatic? I realised some were promoted after a year but some were not. Anyone knows why?

Unregistered 20-03-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95795)
MX14.

Last year ungraded: X1
This year B: X2

Heard that my ministry will have to diao long long before promotion.
Personally in my near 2 years, I've only seen 1 promotion in my dept, excluding redesignation.

Saw so many so u saying from MX13 to 12 is automatic, then what's the point of 14? Just a "gimmick" to let diploma holders feel included?
Tbh, I doubt a promotion even if I were to get B again next year.

if u rly want a promotion, u shld study a part-time / full-time (if u can afford it) degree tat's recognised by the civil service.

den resign from your current job and join a new ministry / statboard at MX13 (this is the entry level for degree holders). after 1 year u will be perm emplaced to MX12.

the only con about the above is that part-time studies might take u 4 yrs on average to graduate. but hey, at least it beats u waiting n diao long long b4 promotion right?

and u will jump from MX13 to MX12 in 5 years time (4 yrs for your uni + 1 year of MX13)

compare it to your current MX14. do u think u can promote to MX12 before march 2022 (which is 5 years from now)?

Unregistered 20-03-2017 06:59 PM

#702 and #703:

if the ministry / statboard advertises for a full-time position for degree holders only, i will say 99.9% u will get promoted from MX13 to MX12 after a year.

the only reasons why i think a person doesnt get promoted to MX12 after a year is bcos:

1) the job is a contract role, and they dont need u after 1 year
2) u are buay gan at work (translated to incompetent from hokkien)
3) u dont follow your boss instructions / your boss doesnt like u
4) u have sexual misconduct
5) u have bribery case

Unregistered 20-03-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95806)
#702 and #703:

if the ministry / statboard advertises for a full-time position for degree holders only, i will say 99.9% u will get promoted from MX13 to MX12 after a year.

the only reasons why i think a person doesnt get promoted to MX12 after a year is bcos:

5) u have bribery case

Since its automatic, the RO has a say?

Unregistered 20-03-2017 09:36 PM

add 6) the employee is financially embarrassed, thus affecting his promotion

Unregistered 20-03-2017 11:04 PM

What's the PB for MX11 for the following:

C- ? Mths
C 2 mths
C+ 2.5 mths
B ? Mths

keepcup 21-03-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95806)
#702 and #703:

5) u have bribery case

99.9%? nth to do with work performance?

Unregistered 21-03-2017 07:41 AM

I think it's like how confirmation increment/promotion are. One year without any adverse record(s) = promotion to MX12

Just wondering why DXOs dont get auto promotion.