Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 29-09-2019 03:30 PM

Aed scheme

Anyone familiar with AED scheme?

I entered with a masters and a FCH degree as an AED13

2016 aed13 C 4.1k
2017 aed12 C+ 4.4k
2018 aed12 C 4.6k
2019 aed12 grade not know yet but maybe C or C+ 4.9k

Can anyone advise on the trajectory? How long will i stay as aed12? I think i am working pretty hard already, what can i do to move myself faster along the ladder?

Unregistered 30-09-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123747)
Anyone familiar with AED scheme?

I entered with a masters and a FCH degree as an AED13

2016 aed13 C 4.1k
2017 aed12 C+ 4.4k
2018 aed12 C 4.6k
2019 aed12 grade not know yet but maybe C or C+ 4.9k

Can anyone advise on the trajectory? How long will i stay as aed12? I think i am working pretty hard already, what can i do to move myself faster along the ladder?

AED = allied educator?

no offence but if it's rly allied educator, then u kana shortchange. with a FCH, u can easily be on a MOE teaching scholarship or at least a teacher with the potential/CEP to be a HOD in the future.

Zafuer2311 10-11-2019 08:42 AM

Uni grad who is working at 1 of the Ministries here. Got a C- for my performance this year, and my contract wasn't renewed either. Anyone knows how bad a C- is?? Wanna enter the civil service again in the future, would it be possible with a C-? Default grade is a C so I know it's below average but that's about it...

Unregistered 10-11-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafuer2311 (Post 124900)
Uni grad who is working at 1 of the Ministries here. Got a C- for my performance this year, and my contract wasn't renewed either. Anyone knows how bad a C- is?? Wanna enter the civil service again in the future, would it be possible with a C-? Default grade is a C so I know it's below average but that's about it...

You must have done badly for that to happen. But all is not lost. There have been instances of staff who got let go for performance issues finding work at other Ministries/ stat boards. Good luck.

Zafuer2311 11-11-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124903)
You must have done badly for that to happen. But all is not lost. There have been instances of staff who got let go for performance issues finding work at other Ministries/ stat boards. Good luck.

Really, thanks a lot for your encouragement! Yes, I do hope I will be able to find another civil service job next time.

Unregistered 11-11-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Were you on emplacement scheme after 1st year. Not getting emplaced is almost unheard of.

Unregistered 11-11-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123754)
AED = allied educator?

no offence but if it's rly allied educator, then u kana shortchange. with a FCH, u can easily be on a MOE teaching scholarship or at least a teacher with the potential/CEP to be a HOD in the future.

Allied educator is mainly to help children in mainstream schools with special needs.

Very noble but thankless job.

pokimonred 12-11-2019 02:07 PM

Sidetrack a bit. Just made a quick poll on year-end bonus. Lai lai take your pick:

"How much do you think the civil servant year-end bonus will be?"

http://www.strawpoll.me/18929045

Zafuer2311 12-11-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124945)
Were you on emplacement scheme after 1st year. Not getting emplaced is almost unheard of.

I think that would depend on the ministry you are in... I think mine takes a more 'wait and see approach'. I know 2 uni grads/diploma holders from my department who entered the same time I did (same scheme different ranks), and none of us were converted into perm staff after our 1st year.

Unregistered 13-11-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

I am also a uni grad who got a first job in 1 of the Ministries. Please don't mind me asking but, do you perhaps know why you were given C-? I am super worried that I will be given C- as well as I have been making a lot of mistakes when trying to do tasks...