Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 16-06-2019 10:20 PM

Increment after obtaining a degree?

Many civil servants have taken up degrees (part-time). I have heard that there will not be any salary change after they have obtained their degrees because they are in the MX scheme. Is that true?

Unless and until one applies for a higher post, salary remains although you have obtained a degree. True?

Also who can I refer to, outside my organisation, regarding the issue I had brought up earlier.

Unregistered 17-06-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 119774)
It depends on where in the salary range the person is. Under the usual situation, the person will be given one MI + promotional MI (lower than one MI). Where the person hits, is the new salary. If it is below the range of the current salary scale, he will be given the minimum point of the new salary.

I am quite sure I have exceeded current salary ceiling - think the past MI is discretionary as my past few MI is very little. I only got a C grade and still got promoted but both my MI and promotion MI remains very minimal. Have I been short changed?

Unregistered 09-07-2019 08:38 AM

Anyone working in NLB, doing contracts and technical support can share what's the PB like ?

Unregistered 09-07-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120545)
Many civil servants have taken up degrees (part-time). I have heard that there will not be any salary change after they have obtained their degrees because they are in the MX scheme. Is that true?

Unless and until one applies for a higher post, salary remains although you have obtained a degree. True?

Also who can I refer to, outside my organisation, regarding the issue I had brought up earlier.

Best is your HR. Govt nowadays is emphasizing on skills and performance rather than degree. So to pay more to do the same job just because you got a degree don't make sense.

Ask your HR is there is any opening that you require a degree position. And do a transfer.

Unregistered 15-07-2019 02:01 PM

Hi, is it true that if you want to keep your bonus, you can only tender resignation 1 month later?

So for example, let's say december 12 I get my pay+year end bonus+AWS. I can only tender on January 11, then serve my 1 month notice so my last day will be Feb 10. Does anyone know, if not who can I check with? I checked with my useless HR and they can't give me a guaranteed answer.

ZiggyAng 21-07-2019 09:29 PM

New launches in SG

Thanks for the information! Here are some great new launches in SG coming to you in 2019!
JadeScape
Tre ver
Park Colonial

ZiggyAng 22-07-2019 09:25 PM

Thanks for the information! Here are some great new launches in SG coming to you in 2019!
Antares Condo
Juniper Hill
Sky Everton
One Pearl Bank

Unregistered 23-07-2019 12:01 PM

JadeScape
Tre ver
Park Colonial

ZiggyAng 23-07-2019 10:03 PM

JadeScape
Singapore Housing Grant
Singapore Housing Review
SG New Launch Review
Singapore Property Review
Sengkang Central

Unregistered 24-07-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82957)
What I know:
MX 12 - 2860-5874 (no bar)
MX 11 - 4735-7119 (no bar)
MX 11A- 6175-8555 (no bar)
MX 10 - 7001-11466(bar at 9975)

what does bar mean in civil service salary scheme?