Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

4tergerg 24-02-2021 02:07 PM

gergfr

://.livinghomies.com
://.homesdecortricks.com

Unregistered 24-02-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156936)
no la, why would there be? every yr it is always just merit increment or promotion increment....

unless u in hi-po or whatever elite scheme with special payments (if so, u would be in the know and wont ask here)

Yes.. But cos new to sb, so asking. Does promotional increment means basic salary increment?

Unregistered 26-02-2021 09:48 PM

can i just ask, if you getting promoted this year, would you usually have heads up early march? i have never been promoted before... this is my sixth year in service and my RO says he doesn't know too, its up to ranking panel.... would be gutted if i don't get promoted this year.

Unregistered 26-02-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157233)
can i just ask, if you getting promoted this year, would you usually have heads up early march? i have never been promoted before... this is my sixth year in service and my RO says he doesn't know too, its up to ranking panel.... would be gutted if i don't get promoted this year.

If you need to ask means you unlikely to get it already.

Unregistered 26-02-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157234)
If you need to ask means you unlikely to get it already.

wow really ah? i won't be very surprised even though my RO say he got put in good word for me... ultimately it is up to Snr Mgmt. also, i have not been asked to pad up my appraisal document...

disheartening to know it's another year without promotion even though i put in so much hard work. it sucks not being the chosen few. haha why am i complaining - this is the life of a farmer, i joined with eyes open... :(

Unregistered 26-02-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157238)
wow really ah? i won't be very surprised even though my RO say he got put in good word for me... ultimately it is up to Snr Mgmt. also, i have not been asked to pad up my appraisal document...

disheartening to know it's another year without promotion even though i put in so much hard work. it sucks not being the chosen few. haha why am i complaining - this is the life of a farmer, i joined with eyes open... :(

Surprised....6 years and no promotion.
Are you at sb or min?
Mx12?

But seem like the rest here every yr or 2 get promoted.

Unregistered 27-02-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157238)

Did you join at a higher MX level? If you did then promotion may not come so easily.

However if you are of a low MX level, it may be an issue - even if you are a farmer. I know a person who is a degree holder, early 40s, but stuck at MX12. But that was due to borderline performance.

FYI I was previously informed that I was going to be promoted well in advance before it happened.

Unregistered 27-02-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Last time I mx14 work 5 yr also no promotion.. Work like hell.. Pb is good.. But in the end promotion always depends on ur big boss.. Got recommend or not.. That's y important to carry boss balls sometimes.. Like saying good morning in the morning got difference ok..

Unregistered 27-02-2021 10:42 AM

Hi guys
I知 currently on contract with a ministry and have an offer from a stat board. I am not very happy with my current role but I知 not sure if I should go over. They are willing to match my last drawn but since I知 currently on contract, movement policy does not apply to me and I reckon my current years of service might be overlooked when it comes to promotion. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Unregistered 27-02-2021 11:08 AM

All the factors point to accepting the stat board's offer, isn't it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157256)
Hi guys
I知 currently on contract with a ministry and have an offer from a stat board. I am not very happy with my current role but I知 not sure if I should go over. They are willing to match my last drawn but since I知 currently on contract, movement policy does not apply to me and I reckon my current years of service might be overlooked when it comes to promotion. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Unregistered 27-02-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Promotion would have been settled by around the end of the year. If you haven't received any news by now, it is quite unlikely that you would be promoted.

Unregistered 27-02-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157256)
Hi guys

Promotion would definitely be affected. When I changed departments within the same ministry, management said I haven't spent enough time in the new role even though my years of service may be enough for promotion. What more about changing from ministry to a stat board.

Unregistered 27-02-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157264)
Promotion would definitely be affected. When I changed departments within the same ministry, management said I haven't spent enough time in the new role even though my years of service may be enough for promotion. What more about changing from ministry to a stat board.

Damn smelly sia. That's why go private sector better if not scholar.

Unregistered 01-03-2021 07:05 PM

What is the minimum years of service required for promotion for the different Mx grades?

Unregistered 01-03-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157394)
What is the minimum years of service required for promotion for the different Mx grades?

That's a closely held info by HR.

Unregistered 01-03-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157398)
That's a closely held info by HR.

Perhaps some of us who has been around for some time can give an educated guess?

Unregistered 02-03-2021 09:29 AM

Private sector mid career looking to move into cs

Promotion is every 3-4 yr?
How much on an increment comes with promotion? $500-$1k?

Unregistered 02-03-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157448)
Private sector mid career looking to move into cs

Promotion is every 3-4 yr?
How much on an increment comes with promotion? $500-$1k?

Want to jlb still want to promote? Dream on!

Unregistered 02-03-2021 11:24 AM

PB

Hi working for an organization that follows the civil service for bonuses and such. Our bonus usually get paid in Dec-Jan. But we were told we have to wait for Civil Service to announce their PB before we get paid. We have been left hanging in the dark about our PB since Dec 20, wanna check when do Civil servants receive their PB and if y誕ll have received it already, since CS financial year starts in April.

Unregistered 02-03-2021 12:16 PM

Anyone knows if promotion or PB news is out?
So quiet this year..

Unregistered 02-03-2021 09:05 PM

Heard quantum cut.
Promotion shld be minimum of 3 years.
1st after promotion is back to norm grade
2nd yr B grade
3rd yr B grade
promo
Cycle continue...

Unregistered 02-03-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157519)
Heard quantum cut.
2nd yr B grade
3rd yr B grade
promo
Cycle continue...

Quantum cut? You hear from where?

Unregistered 02-03-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157523)
Quantum cut? You hear from where?

Rumours....but diff ministry shld be diff
So e.g. usual b grade quantum is 3, now become 2.75

Unregistered 03-03-2021 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157519)
Heard quantum cut.
2nd yr B grade
3rd yr B grade
promo
Cycle continue...

If ur high flyer or boss likes u.. every 2 years can promote.. i have seen it.. but if ur average worker then must wait 5-6yrs maybe then promotion.. i have hit ceiling pay.. just hope to get promoted so that can get the yearly increment.. sianzz..

Unregistered 03-03-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157555)
If ur high flyer or boss likes u.. every 2 years can promote.. i have seen it.. but if ur average worker then must wait 5-6yrs maybe then promotion.. i have hit ceiling pay.. just hope to get promoted so that can get the yearly increment.. sianzz..

True. PB most of the time is based on your relationship with your RO and whether your RO is strong in fighting for your ranking.

Unregistered 03-03-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157557)
True. PB most of the time is based on your relationship with your RO and whether your RO is strong in fighting for your ranking.

I disagree. You need strong support from CO as well. RO does not sit at the second ranking panel.

I guess strong relationship with CO is equally, if not more crucial as compared to with RO. If we are to prioritize one or the other.

Unregistered 03-03-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157579)
I disagree. You need strong support from CO as well. RO does not sit at the second ranking panel.

I guess strong relationship with CO is equally, if not more crucial as compared to with RO. If we are to prioritize one or the other.

My side just the RO level will decide everything. Its more of like cutting up the quantum and dividing it.

Unregistered 03-03-2021 03:03 PM

Civil Service Performance Bonus

Will there be PB this year or not..

Unregistered 03-03-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157596)
Will there be PB this year or not..

If you池e in the CS, you値l know if there is anot by mid Mar (:

Unregistered 03-03-2021 04:07 PM

What is your grade now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157555)

Unregistered 03-03-2021 05:02 PM

PB - Possibility of quantum cut

Just last year, quantum was cut for the different grades. Won't be surprised if quantum is cut further due to the current pandemic.

And for those asking if PB will be paid or not, we should know by mid March. I believe that it will be paid.

For now, guess we just need to be glad that we are still holding onto a job.

Unregistered 03-03-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157609)
Just last year, quantum was cut for the different grades. Won't be surprised if quantum is cut further due to the current pandemic.

And for those asking if PB will be paid or not, we should know by mid March. I believe that it will be paid.

Jokers lol, can retain your job still got cheek to ask for PB

Unregistered 03-03-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Last year boses do ranking and grading.. so for sure have PB.. question is whats the quantum only..

Unregistered 03-03-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Last yr my side pb quantum remains the same. No cut.
How can last year cut when quantum was already set aside in end 2019 and pay out in 2020?
This year most likely cut.
For those sour grapes that keep saying civil service jlb, i welcome you to join.
Either you can't qualify or jlb yourself

Unregistered 04-03-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157591)
My side just the RO level will decide everything. Its more of like cutting up the quantum and dividing it.

Dunt mind me asking, what is your grade?

Unregistered 04-03-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157611)
Jokers lol, can retain your job still got cheek to ask for PB

Please lah, we know a lot got retrench or lost their job during this pandemic. There are a lot of unsung heroes in CS working tirelessly 24/7 just like the frontline healthcare workers too. The only way to recognise their hard work is by paying them PB. Jokers? What so funny?

Unregistered 04-03-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157705)
Please lah, we know a lot got retrench or lost their job during this pandemic. There are a lot of unsung heroes in CS working tirelessly 24/7 just like the frontline healthcare workers too. The only way to recognise their hard work is by paying them PB. Jokers? What so funny?

Please lah don't make yourself sound so noble by comparing yourself to healthcare workers. While they for sure deserve their PB, cannot say the same about CSers. Many jlbs over there. Last year economy so jialat, to average it out no PB for you all lor.

Unregistered 04-03-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157707)
Please lah don't make yourself sound so noble by comparing yourself to healthcare workers. While they for sure deserve their PB, cannot say the same about CSers. Many jlbs over there. Last year economy so jialat, to average it out no PB for you all lor.

The thing is....I always believed that CS was totally "slack" and "jlb" until i joined it myself. That may have been somewhat true in the decades past, but not anymore. They are much more selective and pressurising regarding performance now. I have personally seen more than one deadweight/underperformer being asked/forced to leave. Would often work late into the night and in my own time on weekends after joining. The pay is lower than MNCs, higher than SMEs, and increment is very slow compared to MNCs.

I suggest you really get in and experience it first hand before clinging on to your old assumptions (which which admit I used to have before too).

Cheers.

Unregistered 04-03-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157717)
The thing is....I always believed that CS was totally "slack" and "jlb" until i joined it myself. That may have been somewhat true in the decades past, but not anymore. They are much more selective and pressurising regarding performance now. I have personally seen more than one deadweight/underperformer being asked/forced to leave. Would often work late into the night and in my own time on weekends after joining. The pay is lower than MNCs, higher than SMEs, and increment is very slow compared to MNCs.

I suggest you really get in and experience it first hand before clinging on to your old assumptions (which which admit I used to have before too).

Cheers.

Word.

I lost count of the days and everyday we say the night is still young during OT. Pple think it's easy, it's damn stressful with pressure on transformation, customer oriented services, being prompt and professional

Sometimes laugh in office also kenna kpkb.

Unregistered 04-03-2021 06:38 PM

Used to be from CS, recently joined private. CS depends, some places really is damn xiong, some places much less. Ministries are harder - alot of work, late hours etc. My current job mnc honestly hours are long but use less brain, just alot of work. But the CS work was complex and with it comes with all the bureaucratic nonsense. Really depends man.