Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 04-03-2021 08:26 PM

Anyone got news about promotion yet?

Unregistered 04-03-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157728)
Used to be from CS, recently joined private. CS depends, some places really is damn xiong, some places much less. IMinistries are harder - alot of work, late hours etc. My current job mnc honestly hours are long but use less brain, just alot of work. But the CS work was complex and with it comes with all the bureaucratic nonsense. Really depends man.

I agree.. it depends where u are.. some hit jackpot get those relax post wont let go so easily. So left with majority the shiong post.. my work lots to do but i still managed to go back on time and its near to home.. so no complains.. no bonus in jul n dec also no much complain cos benefits is still better then outside..

Unregistered 05-03-2021 09:42 AM

So quiet this year?????

Anyone feel the same

Unregistered 05-03-2021 11:38 AM

Funny that those in the civil service are constantly asking for bonus news when they are supposed to be CIVIL SERVANTS.

Unregistered 05-03-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157800)
Funny that those in the civil service are constantly asking for bonus news when they are supposed to be CIVIL SERVANTS.

Had no idea that CS supposed to work for meagre pay.

Unregistered 05-03-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157800)

I dont mind being called a servant as long as the money and bonus are good. Last time all those work oil and gas, bank, aviation laughing at CS cos bonus so little compared to them.. now whos laughing?.. if u envy CS people go work Sheng Shiong.. more bonus for u..

Unregistered 05-03-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157807)
I dont mind being called a servant as long as the money and bonus are good. Last time all those work oil and gas, bank, aviation laughing at CS cos bonus so little compared to them.. now whos laughing?.. if u envy CS people go work Sheng Shiong.. more bonus for u..

You must be kidding if you think banking and oil & gas especially received less bonus than CS for FY2020.

Unregistered 06-03-2021 03:34 PM

Is there going to be a reduction in the quantum for PB this year?

Unregistered 06-03-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157934)

I doubt so.
Civil Servant work so hard.
Unlike some private sector still working from home yet got salary.
Private sector complain so much...
Join CS lah if you think you are good enough.

Unregistered 06-03-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157946)
I doubt so.
Civil Servant work so hard.
Unlike some private sector still working from home yet got salary.
Private sector complain so much...
Join CS lah if you think you are good enough.

Sorry to burst your bubble, if you need to be in office and show face just to prove you are pulling your weight then something is wrong.

Unregistered 06-03-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157807)

Don't talk in this manner..I am in oil & gas. CS cannot even match my monthly salary. CS likes to justify that variable component part of bonus will be high.

Your perspective is fundamentally not right.

But I must give credit that CS will not retrench.

Unregistered 06-03-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157949)
Don't talk in this manner..I am in oil & gas. CS cannot even match my monthly salary. CS likes to justify that variable component part of bonus will be high.

Your perspective is fundamentally not right.

But I must give credit that CS will not retrench.

Oil & gas here too, trading cpy. No need to talk about base, CS cannot compete on the VB front either esp in the last 2 years.

Unregistered 07-03-2021 10:22 AM

CS good

CS no retrenchment
CS money every month comes in
CS lotsa or manpower, one agency 1 CEO, 2DCEO and lotsa of directors
CS can hire lotsa of contract workers and make contract workers work like siao for re contract
CS is the best place to grow your other incomes
We still don’t know how many properties etc our senior management had

Unregistered 07-03-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157951)
Oil & gas here too, trading cpy. No need to talk about base, CS cannot compete on the VB front either esp in the last 2 years.

Those never work CS will never understand.. apart from money still got many perks.. CS is no need go to sleep and worry if u got retrenched the next day.. and i also like the one year 3 times bonus, though last year no Jul and Dec bonus.. plus CS got good training grants to go for courses, yearly got a couple of team cohesion at great places..

Unregistered 07-03-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158002)
Those never work CS will never understand.. apart from money still got many perks.. CS is no need go to sleep and worry if u got retrenched the next day.. and i also like the one year 3 times bonus, though last year no Jul and Dec bonus.. plus CS got good training grants to go for courses, yearly got a couple of team cohesion at great places..

Private sector pays much more. Hard truths.

Unregistered 07-03-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158005)

Really hard truth. I can do away with all of these wu wa bo if they pay me more :)

Unregistered 07-03-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158007)
Really hard truth. I can do away with all of these wu wa bo if they pay me more :)

Provided it is truly private e.g Non-GLC else you are better off in CS :P

Unregistered 07-03-2021 04:14 PM

Bankers working in foreign banks (CS, jp Morgan) after 10 years of working easily 11 to 15K per month.

Unregistered 07-03-2021 04:56 PM

Okay lah bring a farmer is great. Work life balance to seont more time with loved one and the extra time to do trading rather than slogging away like a cow

Unregistered 07-03-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

then go back to private sector lah your prick

Unregistered 07-03-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Ya.. more stress also.. go back home say stress, no mood eat, no mood sleep blah blah blah... Couse need make profit for company.. see CS no stress say CS shake leg do nothing deserve no bonus blah blah..

Unregistered 07-03-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158023)
then go back to private sector lah your prick

I am already there, what's there to go back? Continue praying for your meagre bonus to drop from the sky lah loser

Unregistered 07-03-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158014)
Bankers working in foreign banks (CS, jp Morgan) after 10 years of working easily 11 to 15K per month.

10 years too long liao , go read the MA thread fresh grad 10k liao.

Been a HR for ministry and private , on average ie across all staff, CS pays betters but the top range of private is unattainable for CS .

Unregistered 07-03-2021 10:10 PM

So funny. Group of "highly paid" private sector folks combing through this thread to bash civil service? Why are you guys here in the first place? Thinking of quitting and joining CS? Haha. I have never bothered going to any pte sector thread man. Anytime you can be replaced by cheaper better faster foreign talent. And your livelihood will really depend on the policies made by the CS u despise so much. Pray hard CS makes the right policies so you dun end up as a grab driver when u are 50.

Unregistered dx 07-03-2021 10:17 PM

Hi has anyone converted from dxo to mxo before? I'm a 9 with more than 5y of experience..

An agency offering me mx12 and the other a mx11. But both have a paycut of more than 5%...

Unregistered 07-03-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158034)
So funny. Group of "highly paid" private sector folks combing through this thread to bash civil service? Why are you guys here in the first place? Thinking of quitting and joining CS? Haha. I have never bothered going to any pte sector thread man. Anytime you can be replaced by cheaper better faster foreign talent. And your livelihood will really depend on the policies made by the CS u despise so much. Pray hard CS makes the right policies so you dun end up as a grab driver when u are 50.

Nobody is looking down on or bashing CS people. Just look at how some CS people commented.

Are you despising grab drivers as well?

Unregistered 08-03-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157947)
Sorry to burst your bubble, if you need to be in office and show face just to prove you are pulling your weight then something is wrong.

Do you STALK CS?
Why do you assume ALL CS just stays in office and show face only?
How you get your WATER?
Where you get all your necessities?
I suggest you stay at home dont drink water or buy any groceries because along the way, some CS are sitting in the office, show face and do nothing to give u all that.
Oh... You cant stay at home because you house is a HDB which a CS is also responsible for ita construction.
Or maybe your stay in a Condo or private property which you built yourself.
Funny how CS haters like yourself trying to create negativity here.
CS are earning a living just like everyone in Singapore.
So dont anyhow type things that you know is not true.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered dx (Post 158035)
Hi has anyone converted from dxo to mxo before? I'm a 9 with more than 5y of experience..

An agency offering me mx12 and the other a mx11. But both have a paycut of more than 5%...

Go for the mx11. This one no need to think. Not because you start at a better grade. It's because the one that offered you the 11, sees you with a higher CEP. Seriously, don't waste your time with the mx12 offer.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158054)
Do you STALK CS?
Why do you assume ALL CS just stays in office and show face only?
How you get your WATER?
Where you get all your necessities?
I suggest you stay at home dont drink water or buy any groceries because along the way, some CS are sitting in the office, show face and do nothing to give u all that.
Oh... You cant stay at home because you house is a HDB which a CS is also responsible for ita construction.
Or maybe your stay in a Condo or private property which you built yourself.
Funny how CS haters like yourself trying to create negativity here.
CS are earning a living just like everyone in Singapore.
So dont anyhow type things that you know is not true.

Haha, as if you built the HDBs or procured the water which I drink. Stop having a chip on your shoulder lah loser, keep praying for bonus to drop.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157934)

Yes. This is what I heard and very very likely.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 11:29 AM

How can you tell that it is very very likely?

Unregistered 08-03-2021 12:16 PM

Yup pb quantum and increment both lowered

Unregistered 08-03-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158078)
Yup pb quantum and increment both lowered

Bad timing for those who just got promoted then.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158055)
Go for the mx11. This one no need to think. Not because you start at a better grade. It's because the one that offered you the 11, sees you with a higher CEP. Seriously, don't waste your time with the mx12 offer.

thank you. im thinking if i should stay as a dx9 or take the mx11 offer... any views? pay as dx9 is higher..

Unregistered 08-03-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158080)
Bad timing for those who just got promoted then.

Affects everyone in CS but you're not wrong that those who had better grading got hot harder

jrbearus 08-03-2021 01:26 PM

Performance Bonus 2021

The quantum for the performance bonus across all schemes of service, substantive grades and performance grades will be reduced.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 158089)
The quantum for the performance bonus across all schemes of service, substantive grades and performance grades will be reduced.

Question is reduced by how much? Have heard that it would be around 5%

jrbearus 08-03-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158092)
Question is reduced by how much? Have heard that it would be around 5%

It’s quantum and not percentage. Rumour is 0.25 month from the base rate. There may be press release later today.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 158097)
It’s quantum and not percentage. Rumour is 0.25 month from the base rate. There may be press release later today.

how would the MI be affected?

jrbearus 08-03-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158098)
how would the MI be affected?

MI is a function of economic situation and PRIVATE rather than PUBLIC sector should be taking a lead. It is likely that MI will be depressed and there is a possibility of salary freeze. Survey on salary for 2021 indicates that a large proportion of Singapore-based company will give an increment of 3 to 4%.

Today’s (expected) press release may shed some light to this. Stay tune for 5pm.