Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 08-03-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 158101)
MI is a function of economic situation and PRIVATE rather than PUBLIC sector should be taking a lead. It is likely that MI will be depressed and there is a possibility of salary freeze. Survey on salary for 2021 indicates that a large proportion of Singapore-based company will give an increment of 3 to 4%.

Today’s (expected) press release may shed some light to this. Stay tune for 5pm.

thank you for your helpful replies!

Unregistered 08-03-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

MI is a function of economic situation and PRIVATE rather than PUBLIC sector should be taking a lead. It is likely that MI will be depressed and there is a possibility of salary freeze. Survey on salary for 2021 indicates that a large proportion of Singapore-based company will give an increment of 3 to 4%.

Today’s (expected) press release may shed some light to this. Stay tune for 5pm.

Thank you for shedding some light on this. Keeping fingers crossed for not too big a hit

jrbearus 08-03-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158129)
Thank you for shedding some light on this. Keeping fingers crossed for not too big a hit

It is the duty of civil/public servants to be on the forefront to to share the burden of the country and the people. It is unfortunate that in whatever economic situation the country is in, civil/public servants are often the first to be hit, for taking ‘good’ bonus or taking ‘too little’ pay cut when people are losing their jobs. I have heard of many civil/public servants losing their jobs too. Let’s be mindful of how we share our views too.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158056)
Haha, as if you built the HDBs or procured the water which I drink. Stop having a chip on your shoulder lah loser, keep praying for bonus to drop.

As mentioned, without CS working hard, you wont have your HDB or water to drink. I am not concerned about the bonus. I am more concerned about the negativity that you are spreading and it really showcase what sort of person you are especially with your reply.
If you feel CS is the best job in the world, do join.
If you prefer to stay at your current rock star wages job, pls dont be a keyboard warrior.
You know nothing about CS and their jobs yet u spread negativity.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158151)
As mentioned, without CS working hard, you wont have your HDB or water to drink. I am not concerned about the bonus. I am more concerned about the negativity that you are spreading and it really showcase what sort of person you are especially with your reply.
If you feel CS is the best job in the world, do join.
If you prefer to stay at your current rock star wages job, pls dont be a keyboard warrior.
You know nothing about CS and their jobs yet u spread negativity.

Why would I want to take a pay cut to move to a less attractive job? You seem very eager to validate your existence which is very telling in and of itself. Keep telling yourself that you're a crucial cog k?

Unregistered 08-03-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Where is said press release?

Unregistered 08-03-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 158097)
It’s quantum and not percentage. Rumour is 0.25 month from the base rate. There may be press release later today.

0.25 or 5% is much much better than i expected. i hope what you guys shared here is true

jrbearus 08-03-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158160)

Looks like it’s not today. It will come.

jrbearus 08-03-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158163)
0.25 or 5% is much much better than i expected. i hope what you guys shared here is true

So far the quantum is a rumour. It is definitely a cut, just how much.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 07:07 PM

As a long time regular to this forum, the rumors here are rarely accurate. Classic example above

Should take whatever said here about cuts with a big bowl of salt

Unregistered 08-03-2021 07:07 PM

I don’t rem they will release news for CS PB for the past years tho.

Anyway. this is thread about CS PB, let’s just ignore comments from the irrelevant posts. (:

Unregistered 08-03-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158160)

where got press release one haha

Unregistered 08-03-2021 07:38 PM

since when CS Mar pB got press release one

anyhow say

Unregistered 08-03-2021 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158153)
Why would I want to take a pay cut to move to a less attractive job? You seem very eager to validate your existence which is very telling in and of itself. Keep telling yourself that you're a crucial cog k?

If you are earning a better salary than CS, then all your comments are irrelevant.
You feel high and mighty just because of your high salary.
You give bad comments about CS just because you want other to have a bad impression of CS.
You dont even know what CS do and u say CS and u never acknowledge the contribution of CS.
Mind u CS are a our fellow Singaporean unless u are not a Singaporean lah...

Unregistered 08-03-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158168)
As a long time regular to this forum, the rumors here are rarely accurate. Classic example above

Should take whatever said here about cuts with a big bowl of salt

i agree alot of fake news. but definitely a cut this year is very possible.
just hope increment still normal and bonus cut is not anything more than 30%

jrbearus 08-03-2021 09:53 PM

Yes usually no press release. However government may want to send a signal that they are cutting to keep the cost of running the civil service as low as possible. It is likely to be announced with some austerity measures.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 10:19 PM

My RO also told me to mentally prepare that bonus will be reduced.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 158197)
Yes usually no press release. However government may want to send a signal that they are cutting to keep the cost of running the civil service as low as possible. It is likely to be announced with some austerity measures.

In your previous posts the words you used:

"It will come"
"It may come"
"It is expected to come"

Now to add on from the post above: "may want" and "likely".

Ermmmm.

jrbearus 08-03-2021 10:58 PM

If there’s confirmed information, I will be more direct. My apology for keeping everyone in suspense.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 158210)
If there’s confirmed information, I will be more direct. My apology for keeping everyone in suspense.

Nobody is going to be surprised if the PB pool is cut, but if you only have rumours and speculations (same as most of us here), then don't come here and act like you have reliable insider info.

jrbearus 09-03-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158228)
Nobody is going to be surprised if the PB pool is cut, but if you only have rumours and speculations (same as most of us here), then don't come here and act like you have reliable insider info.

My apology for sharing information that I have obtained.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 158230)

Thank you for your info. You have been giving good and reliable insider news. No need to apologise to some ppl in here.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158014)
Bankers working in foreign banks (CS, jp Morgan) after 10 years of working easily 11 to 15K per month.

wow, so little only?

Unregistered 09-03-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 158230)

Ignore the naysayers. I'm sure many here understood that you're just sharing what you have heard and we appreciate it. Some idiots just have to be anal about everything.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

He already apologised already, what more do you want. Please be kinder with your words.

@jrbearus: Thanks for sharing what you know and your high tolerance for rude people.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158072)
How can you tell that it is very very likely?

Confirmed drop from previous yrs from my supervisor during appraisal. Guess govt has to crawl back some of the reserves from somewhere.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:00 PM

Anyone can advise what’s the criteria for promotion to mx10 from mx11A? Does 2 Bs for 2 straight years with boss informing you that they want to upgrade your CEP stand a good chance?

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158325)
Anyone can advise what’s the criteria for promotion to mx10 from mx11A? Does 2 Bs for 2 straight years with boss informing you that they want to upgrade your CEP stand a good chance?

does your job role a mx10 role? thats a big criteria

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:13 PM

Hi! I am also waiting to see if I can get promoted to MX10. 2 consecutive “Bs” will have chance, but also depends on whether there is a MX10 slot that is vacant.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158327)
does your job role a mx10 role? thats a big criteria

I think it is not so clearly defined. I have colleagues doing the same role who is on mx10, while some on Mx11A, even some on Mx11

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158328)
Hi! I am also waiting to see if I can get promoted to MX10. 2 consecutive “Bs” will have chance, but also depends on whether there is a MX10 slot that is vacant.

Did your RO hint you on possible promotion during appraisal? Wondering if promotion is put up by RO or CO?

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

You clowns have been begging for bonus news since day 1, do yourself a favour and stop barking

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158333)
You clowns have been begging for bonus news since day 1, do yourself a favour and stop barking

Exactly when was day 1? Was it when the big bang happened?

Unregistered 09-03-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158338)
Exactly when was day 1? Was it when the big bang happened?

Yes. Ji ba boomz!

Unregistered 09-03-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158333)

Go on! tell your boss you don’t want bonus!!

Unregistered 09-03-2021 08:37 PM

Can i assume i wont be promoted this year if i have not heard anything from my RO to date? In nov last year she said she will push but no word after that....

Unregistered 09-03-2021 08:51 PM

Talked to my director during lunch today, and no news of this bonus cut. Seems like only hr knows about such information

Unregistered 09-03-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158330)
Did your RO hint you on possible promotion during appraisal? Wondering if promotion is put up by RO or CO?

We did not do appraisal haha. But my pay is v close to 11A cap, and my last two year were B, so will be disappointed if not promoted.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158347)
We did not do appraisal haha. But my pay is v close to 11A cap, and my last two year were B, so will be disappointed if not promoted.

This year you get another B or a C+, you should be promoted.
But depends on your CEP which on one knows except HR...

Unregistered 09-03-2021 09:34 PM

Got my PB. There is no cut in the quantum.