Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 21-03-2022 08:42 AM

C is obviously a bad grading, who says it is different from getting C in an exam?

Common sense. Otherwise why do A and B even exist?

Unregistered 21-03-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209469)
Hi everyone,

Just wanna seek guidance here. If a GEO5 officer just joined HQ last year, is it be default PB is C grade. They throw me a lot of stupid saikang and IC ship at HQ in the name of opportunity and still give me a C. Is C grade normal for newly joined MOE HQ officer.

1st year in HQ out from school, confirmed is C.
First time in CS ah?
You come out NIE also, 1st year also C right?

Unregistered 21-03-2022 11:20 AM

It seems there is a lot of expectations here.

1. Bosses will tell you there is no quota. Wrong. There is always a quota. My supervisor always ask me who in my team should get what grade and why.
2. The quota is based on bell curve. 80% falls within the middle tier of C (of coz, there is C+, C, C-).
3. If you expect to be promoted, ask yourself why? You cannot be expected to promote because you have done your job. Many people have done their jobs. What have you contributed more than the person next to you?

Unregistered 21-03-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209469)
Hi everyone,

Just wanna seek guidance here. If a GEO5 officer just joined HQ last year, is it be default PB is C grade. They throw me a lot of stupid saikang and IC ship at HQ in the name of opportunity and still give me a C. Is C grade normal for newly joined MOE HQ officer.

Hi it is normal since you are new. What is the pb you received? Think that can differ across the newly joined

Unregistered 21-03-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209497)
It seems there is a lot of expectations here.

1. Bosses will tell you there is no quota. Wrong. There is always a quota. My supervisor always ask me who in my team should get what grade and why.
2. The quota is based on bell curve. 80% falls within the middle tier of C (of coz, there is C+, C, C-).
3. If you expect to be promoted, ask yourself why? You cannot be expected to promote because you have done your job. Many people have done their jobs. What have you contributed more than the person next to you?

unfortunately, its just hard for many to understand because many people do not study economics and do not understand that there is a finite resource given (pot of gold)

Unregistered 21-03-2022 01:25 PM

Hahaha .. then like that how?

Unregistered 21-03-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209498)
Hi it is normal since you are new. What is the pb you received? Think that can differ across the newly joined

If PB is 1.5 months mean what grade?

Unregistered 21-03-2022 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209484)
1st year in HQ out from school, confirmed is C.
First time in CS ah?
You come out NIE also, 1st year also C right?

Not first time in CS... But it's so different from back in school. Was b-grader all the way.

Unregistered 21-03-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209518)
If PB is 1.5 months mean what grade?

Probably C

Unregistered 21-03-2022 02:48 PM

PB quantum

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209439)
Hi,

Is it true that the PB quantum of the exact same PB grade of the same rank could be different?

For example, two officers of MX11 getting 2.9 mths and 3.5 mths for exact PB grade of B shown in the PB letter?

I am also interested to find out. Anyone can share more insights?