Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 20-03-2022 01:55 PM

How is 4 years a long time to stagnate for MX10? Not everyone have superscale CEP. If fact, most don't. Also, C makes up the bulk of the grades for most Civil/Public servants. Most importantly, are you even holding a superscale position/job currently? If not, forget about promotion.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 02:05 PM

to promote from MX10 to MX9, in the first place, you must be in a position such as deputy director of a division (i.e. the position itself can be MX9).

Unregistered 20-03-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209337)
So u won’t be able to tell from the PB letter whether u get B-, B or B+?
All of it will just appear as B in the PB letter?

Hi, I am original poster. Can anyone answer the above qn

Unregistered 20-03-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209376)
Hi, I am original poster. Can anyone answer the above qn

The exact grade will be stated in the letter. If C+, it will state C+.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209362)
Mx11 c 1.95 :/

Good job, keep up the good work this year.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209367)
How is 4 years a long time to stagnate for MX10? Not everyone have superscale CEP. If fact, most don't. Also, C makes up the bulk of the grades for most Civil/Public servants. Most importantly, are you even holding a superscale position/job currently? If not, forget about promotion.

4 years at MX10 still ok leh. I think the CEP of a typical farmer is MX10.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209381)
The exact grade will be stated in the letter. If C+, it will state C+.

yes thats true

Unregistered 20-03-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209356)
Hi all, I would appreciate advice on what I am experiencing.
I have been getting the same grade C for four years. Bosses have told me they will give me a B at ranking but when the letter comes out it’s been a C.
FYI in my M they grade on a curve and I am an Mx10

Question - does this mean I have hit my ceiling? I hear that from some of my friends and they say either I leave the service or be prepared to take on all the non- high profile projects and work like a dog in the service to just stay on.

I am prepared to leave but wanted your views on whether you think it’s game over at my M for me. Btw- I tried to ask for my CEP several times and each time it has been declined.

Whats your current designation? If you are say for e.g Senior Assistant Director, means you will stay at MX10 unless you are posted at a higher job role e.g Deputy Director of your division then high chance promoted to MX9.MX9 is consider superscale liao, its a Deputy Director role or Director role.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209356)
Hi all, I would appreciate advice on what I am experiencing.
I have been getting the same grade C for four years. Bosses have told me they will give me a B at ranking but when the letter comes out it’s been a C.
FYI in my M they grade on a curve and I am an Mx10

Question - does this mean I have hit my ceiling? I hear that from some of my friends and they say either I leave the service or be prepared to take on all the non- high profile projects and work like a dog in the service to just stay on.

I am prepared to leave but wanted your views on whether you think it’s game over at my M for me. Btw- I tried to ask for my CEP several times and each time it has been declined.

How old are u? If you’re still young, getting stuck at mx10 for awhile is not an issue… and 4 years at mx10 is not long… most farmer retire at mx10 anyway. Mx10 to mx9 is a huge jump

Unregistered 20-03-2022 09:11 PM

I agree with other posters here, the higher rank you are, the more difficult to get a good grade like B or A. C is a decent grade.