Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205706)
first yr B, second yr C+, what is the chance for promotion? my RO said he put me in the promotion list! TIA

Tell your RO dont talk cock so much. He or she just wants u to stay in your job giving hope but empty promises. There are others who get 4 Bs in a row but still not promoted.

Promotion depends on your CEP, not very much on performance. If there is another officer who get B for first year and C+ for 2nd year, but his CEP is higher than you, then he will be on the promotion list ahead of u.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205711)
Tell your RO dont talk cock so much. He or she just wants u to stay in your job giving hope but empty promises. There are others who get 4 Bs in a row but still not promoted.

Promotion depends on your CEP, not very much on performance. If there is another officer who get B for first year and C+ for 2nd year, but his CEP is higher than you, then he will be on the promotion list ahead of u.

Wtf ccbbbbbb

Unregistered 02-03-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

No wonder so many farmers

Unregistered 02-03-2022 01:46 AM

Quote:

really wtf, can start look for new job liao

Unregistered 02-03-2022 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205706)
first yr B, second yr C+, what is the chance for promotion? my RO said he put me in the promotion list! TIA

I think you will only have chance for promotion if your RO recommended and supported by CO. CO should have the final say.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 06:18 AM

New ADP does not have CEP anymore. Handbook stated performance will be based on last 2-3 years ADP. Anyway promotion in CS sometimes are very contradicting. Depends on how well you show your wayang. RO might just give you good grade to keep you and CO might not seen the truth side.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205729)
I think you will only have chance for promotion if your RO recommended and supported by CO. CO should have the final say.

Even if both RO and CO supported your promotion, it doesnt guarantee that you will be promoted. Need to get approval from the big boss from the Ministry that u are in. You are vying against other agencies within that same Ministry.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205714)
No wonder so many farmers

What do u expect? Farmers made up of 90-95% of civil servants. They are at the top of the pecking order of course they will be promoted faster as they are an asset to the organisation. Govn also invests in them by providing scholarship and want to retain them in service as long as possible.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205738)
What do u expect? Farmers made up of 90-95% of civil servants. They are at the top of the pecking order of course they will be promoted faster as they are an asset to the organisation. Govn also invests in them by providing scholarship and want to retain them in service as long as possible.

Promote or stagnant? Pls la talking about ur farmers not scholars la

Unregistered 02-03-2022 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205740)
Promote or stagnant? Pls la talking about ur farmers not scholars la

Sorry referring to the 5% scholars.